Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Apr 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1590959)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica Patrick

This is not a bashing thread just so you know. But I have to say I'm not the buggest fan of her.
For a start I think she's too cocky for a rookie. A quote from her on Jacques Lazier after they collided at the race. She also slapped him which is hardly professional:

Quote:
"... no wonder he jumps from team to team, he's outta control."
For a start I think that's a bit harsh considering he's an actual winner and done 50 odd races.

She's a good driver and it's good to see a woman up there but I just feel that the way she is over hyped and given extra autograph tables then the other drivers which I know ****ed a lot of drivers off last year and ended up not doing these as a result.
And I've heard from several fans at that were at IRL races last year that she ignored them and didn't want to sign autographs. Where as Katharine Legge is great all the time none stop and would go out of her way.

I think she should be treated fairly to the other IRL drivers. Doesn't she have a big advantage due to her weight as well?

Also the fact that I rate Buddy Rice and Vitor Meira quite high; it was a shame that Vitor who in my opinion was the best driver for Rahal-Letterman that year was sacked from the team? Why not Danica?

Now if we have a merge in the future it would be great to see her battle against the other drivers from Champ Car and in particular Katharine Legge.

It will no doubt be interesting to see how Danica does this year in her second 500. Maybe she can become the first female winner? Yes, No?