Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Apr 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1592075)   #1
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher International Race Circuit

Let's face it, love or hate him, if one person deserves a circuit to be named after him it is Michael Schumacher after 66 poles, 84 wins, 7 championships & 236 starts! Therefore I have designed the Schumacher International Race Circuit!

The first 2 corners are similar to the normal Tilke hairpins but they are a lot looser, making them still good for overtaking but also better for the driver. The track drops away through the 2nd corner. The next 3 corners are all uphill sweeps-2 left & 1 right. They lead to the tight hairpin at T6. All of these 4 corners are lined by grandstands in the style of Hockenheim. 2 esses then lead to a 90 degree corner at T9. Another 2, more open esses follow leading onto the longest straight on the circuit. T10 & 11 are more like the Tilke hairpins but at least there is elevation change-both are steeply downhill making late braking risky but potentially very rewarding. A banked sweeper then follows at T12 leading onto a straight with a downhill kink at T13. This leads into the cambered T14, a long corner that goes downhill throughout in the style of the Bosch Curve at the Osterreichring. Another straight follows with a kink to the left into the 90 degree corner at T16. The left kink makes overtaking easier for those following close behind the driver in front through T14, as well as being more challenging for all drivers. The final turn, T17, is uphill & loosens dramatically on the exit of the corner onto the start/finish straight. A great circuit (I hope!) for a great driver! Hope you like it!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion