Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 May 2006, 07:42 (Ref:1598553)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Kerb hopping and corner cutting, I'm confused!

Ok at a recent drivers meeting at Brands Hatch we were told catagourically that Mr. Palmer was very proud of his nicely painted kerbs and corners and as such persistant corner cutting would result in being shown the black flag and in for an early shower. Also being a bit old school I always assumed one stays on the black stuff anyhow. However every televised event I watch in particular Touring cars invariably they are not two wheels on the kurbs but in many cases the entire car has cut the corner!

So what exactly is going on here, is it one rule for the likes of Touring cars and F1 and another for us or is it Ok to participate in this practice despite risking marking Mr. Palmers nicely painted kerbs as I am more than a little confused on this issue and it is something that has had me thinking about for some time.

Funny how the biker boys manage without this kerb hopping nonscense, I wonder why :-).

Last edited by Al Weyman; 1 May 2006 at 07:46.