Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Jun 2000, 09:54 (Ref:18454)   #1
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My conclusion, after going to all the races this year.
Canadian GP 200MPH down to 30 or so MPH. But where was the overtaking.
As much as Monaco is a great tradition, BIN it! They might aswell declare the winner after Qualifying and let the crowds mingle with the cars and drivers on the track on the Sunday. I know Schuey broke down, but it needed some element of surprise to make it a bit interesting!
Whats happened to the grooved tyre inspired improvements in the action ?
Get some width into some of the tracks and bends so the lines in the bends can be varied. I seriously wonder why we all watch it, I watched the video of Canada when I got home last night. Boring apart from a few rain incidents, Jaques might aswell have been a man from the past walking in front with a red flag helping let the other two waltz into the distance.
If you need grip in the bends to get around them how can you risk overtaking when the tyre give reduced levels of grip and the downforce settings compensate for the tyres untill you slow through the bends or lose downforce when following another car.
FIA and FOCA should grant money to the tracks so that the tracks present drivers with more opportunites for passing manouvres. I was talking to some Canadian Guys about their British GP visit, they remembered the weather the mud and chaos. But couldn`t remember what happened in the Race!
Monaco this year is "the race where MS broke down" not a great win or great race.
Lets see the tracks improved before F1 dies.
PS. I just popped by for Goodwood.I`m gone again on Monday