Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Dec 2007, 16:09 (Ref:2082186)   #1
ahmurray
Rookie

ahmurray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which F1 Grand Prix should I go to see in 2008?

Greetings

I am fortunate enough to have an offer from my parents to go and see an F1 Grand Prix of my choice in the 2008 season as a 40th birthday present.

Obviously as a UK resident (Brighton), Silverstone is the nearest but is it the best?

I quite fancy going to Spa (my favourite circuit) or Monza (for the whole tiffosi thing)

The problem is I don't really know which circuit would be the best and also where on the track would give the best view.

I suppose the factors are travel time, ease of access to the circuit, and quality of view in relation to price

I would probably be going on my own as my wife would need to look after our children, so perhaps a package tour with Page and Moy would be best. 'd only really want to go for the race itself but depending on distance might stay over on the Saturday and possibly the Sunday night.

I guess the ideal thing for me would be to make my own travel arrangements as far as a hotel nearby then pick up a coach to get to the circuit so I don't have to sit in a queue for hours. I know Monza and Silverstone are famous for the traffic jams but not sure if this is better now?

I have the budget to go for a top price grandstand ticket so only the best will do!!

If anyone has any knowledge or experience of visiting these circuits and travel arrangements, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ali