Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Feb 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2121900)   #1
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Buenos Aires

Since 1996 there has been no GP at Buenos Aires & even the last few races were carried out on one of the slow & quite boring shorter tracks. So I decided to modify the track a bit to bring it back to life.

The start/finish straight has been lengthened, with a new pit lane that has more paddock room behind it, to a new T1, a wide bit sharp right-hander. At T2 the strack separates into the short track & the GP track. The GP track continues along the straight around the lake to the old fast loop which would create 2 of the fastest corners in F1, down an extended back straight (nearly 1.8km) to another wide but tight corner, this time a hairpin. There is also an option here to leave the GP track to create an external track. There is a small left-right esse to take the track onto the old back straight, now running the 'wrong' way to a slightly banked left-hander. Another straight leads through a right-handed kink onto a straight to a left-handed parabloica curve. A short straight leads to the old circuit's left-right esse, round a left-hander to a tight right-handed hairpin. Through a right-handed sweeper this takes you down to the last corner & back onto the start/finish straight.

I tried to use as many of the existing bits of track as possible whilst making them a bit more exciting, which I think I've achieved. Grandstands have been improved & extended, as have the run-offs & paddock (which Bernie will like!).

Hope you like it!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion