Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Dec 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2345636)   #1
Greystone
Rookie

Greystone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Powered trailer tug.

Not really racing technology but I couldn't think of where else to post this.

As I am getting old and decrepit I am looking for a way to manouevre my trailer with the car on it other than by blood, sweat, tears and a lot of swearing. All up weight of trailer and car is around 1600 - 1700 kg. My basic thoughts are for something that will attach using the ball or via a link at the rear end and push/pull the trailer as required.

There are caravan moving devices available which fix to the chassis and drive one (or more) of the trailer wheels but these don't look man enough for the job and are also very expensive (over £1000 in some cases). My thoughts so far are either to try and do something with a starter motor and battery or see if I could do anything with the remains a crashed small automatic scooter.

Has anyone here ever built anything like this in the past? If so I would be grateful if they could enlighten me how they went about it. Any other suggestions that anyone else has would also be warmly welcomed.

Thanks.

Andrew Cherry