Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Sep 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2537442)   #1
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caravan Related Question

Not about Caravan racing or Caravans per se.... but Caravans inside circuit grounds (paddock/support paddock/car park).

My daughter is in a Hip Spica cast (DDH/'Clicky Hip') and will be until the end of the year. Up until now race meetings haven't been a bit problem because I've decided to sit meetings out rather than leave wifey-type to struggle along, but I quite fancy doing the WHT. The only problem being that little miss is going to get bored to tears and, being in a cast, can't toddle about.

The initial bright idea was to park a caravan up somewhere in the grounds - doesn't matter where really, as long as it's closeish to the pits - and then wifety-type could take her back there so she could play on the floor, sleep, whatever.

Now I've seen motor homes around at the WHT but not carvans (TBH I wasn't really paying close attention, last year it wasn't really a bit factor ) - are caravans allowed on site for competitors? If so, where and under what conditions (e.g. can you stay overnight etc)?

Just wondering because I assume Motorhomes get a free pass as a 'support vehicle', but a Caravan can hardly be labelled a tow vehicle