Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2745964)   #21
exflagman
Racer

exflagman is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
I, and I imagine most other marshals, would not even think about waving all the flags at the end of most meetings (especially F1), for safety reasons and it would probably confused the .... out of some drivers.
Except that the first time I came across this behavior in the UK was at the 1981 British GP when Wattie won.

I was flagging at the Woodcote Gap point - ie just before the finish line -
as Wattie took the chequered the next flag point along the pit straight suddenly started waving the yellow flag - as two back markers had just passed that point I naturally assumed that there had been a shunt going into Copse and was just about to show a stationary yellow - which could have scuppered any last minute overtaking - when the other flags came out as well. Could have been the end of my GP career as my actions would have been very visible to all the chiefs.
Just shows the potential unexpected side effects of some seeming trivial actions.