Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Jun 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2891202)   #10
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Guy says it all, so simple and so eloquent - "of course it's dangerous, that's why I do it".
I cannot really add to that except to say that I identify with it completely.
Do you get a thrill out of cheating death ? How close have you come to it ? Ever seen the aftermath of a fatal accident ? I went with a friend of mine to clean his brother-in-law's brain and skull fragments out of the helmet he'd been wearing when he was killed racing a bike on the road. The guy's sister wanted her brother's helmet because she knew how much bike racing meant to him. I didn't see the body itself... but judging by what I did see, I shudder to think what the medics had to deal with when they came on the scene.

My own sister's family are related to Martin Finnegan who died 3 years ago in Tandragee. There's now a young woman without a partner and a little girl without her dad.

I'm sorry but Guy Martin's bravado is an insufficient justification to have people continually put through this kind of thing.