Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Jan 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3011875)   #1
AngusFangus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
AngusFangus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport International 2012

Did anyone else attend the show this weekend?

All i can say is........WOW!!!

Had a fantastic day at the NEC with fellow Rookie "Bodybag".

The Britcar stand was awesome, especially as they gave us access to the Ferrari F430, which was just sexy!!! Up close and personal to Ayrton Senna's JPS was incredible, as too was the live arena show. I so gotta get myself one of those autograss minis!!! Good to see Shayne Lynch of Boyzone has moved onto a far more beneficial career and gave us a demonstration of his "drifting" technique - "Stick to the motorsport Shayne".
Quite like the look of the new F1 Safety Car, not that it would be suitable for parking at your local supermarket. You'd never get out the thing with those doors??
And in true Andrea style I managed to blag myself a calendar and cap for free, rather than paying for them. If you don't ask you don't get.
But most impressive was to meet an 8 year old dragster racer and her sister who is 13 and was the 2010 European Drag Racing Champion!!!

Totally outnumbered by blokes (not that I'm complaining, lol)!! Funny to see girlfriends and female partners alike tailing behind their loved ones looking completely peed off and would rather be at home filing their nails and discussing the latest plot on soaps - oooooh!!! Did I just say that?

Blokes with their tongues hanging out at the spray tanned promo birds, scantily clad in their skin tight lycra, receiving death stares from their significant others proved highly entertaining...... Trust me, if I looked that good I too would make money out of it; although I do have to admit that I did feel particularly good stood next to the moose like one with camel toe, pot belly and very wobbly bits on the back of her legs!!!.....

Only downside was the ridiculous queue to see the Senna Tribute and for those eagerly waiting to get an autograph from the listed celebs, forget it!! Oh yes and also the lack of signs to tell you how to access your seats in the live arena.

But seriously, overall it was a great day for all us motorsport fans and am now off to upload my pics onto the dreaded facebook!!