Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Jun 2002, 16:22 (Ref:302371)   #1
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey! Racing a BMW X5!

*/Humbly approaches the grid of racers.../*

Just a bit of roadracer and with some tracktime under my belt in saloons and FF, I want to ask for some tips for an offer I had, to race the most monstrous car I could imagine driving on a track: a BMW X5! I will have a go in this 4WD 'truck' at the track of Assen in the Netherlands in four days preceeding the MotoGP. Now this thing will probably have lots of roll and pitch, all kinds of electronic gizmo's like ESP, ABS etc, weighs in at 2.000+ kilos and a 38%F\62%R 4WD and probably have the Steptronic automatic gearbox. On the positive side it has wide tyres, large brakes and a good V8.

Can any of you guys provide me with some good tips for racing this car? Like how to drive with this automatic gearbox (left foot braking?), what to do with i.e. the tire pressures, how to handle the 4WD (never driven one), how to handle the lots of roll and pitch and what effects to expect from the electronic controls and if possible to switch them off.