Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Apr 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3058768)   #18
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i too am very much in the former camp, i do everything myself because i have to from a financial aspect, paying someone would severely limit my ability to compete, but i also do everything myself because i like the challenge of engineering stuff my self, in reality i know im ok as a driver and nothing more and my because of my skill levels, knowledge and approach to building things my car also is only ok, all im really looking for is to enjoy a good race. in my time (all be it quite a few years ago) i have won a couple of races, one had a very poor entry and my car was clearly the fastest and odds on favourite, so i dont really regard that as anything of a win, and another my slick shod saloon was against a hoard of caterhams on everyday road tyres, yes i won but did i really? not in my mind looking back, had a of won driving a similar caterham or then they similar saloons then yes it would of been a win

i far more feel like i've won if i manage to do like i did last year against bill richards, i dont think anyone would disagree that bill had the better car and id say is a better driver, but we a dammed good 8 lap scrap raced inches apart every single corner but never touched, we were racing for middle of the class, mid pack, but even though we both had ZERO chance of wining it was a fantastic race that i will probably never forget, that my friends is what club motorsport should be about

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!