Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Sep 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3140982)   #1
Flight909
Rookie

Flight909 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OptimumLap, Lap Time Simulation help

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to UK later this fall to test some of the classic tracks with mine modified M3. I planning some track days at Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Cadwell Park.

To understand the tracks and help me to prepare, I used OptimumLap which is a free lap time simulator (www.optimumg.com/software/optimumlap). We have used it a lot in my Formula Student team. It is using a simplified vehicle model, so it is not to be used to do a detail setup of the car, but it is really quick and easy to use to get the "big picture" of the performance of a car on a given track. I used it recently to decide to upgrade the aerodynamics of my car instead of more power, because the simulation shows I would gain more with more downforce. It is also helpful to understand shift points and such things.

I have found Brands Hatch and Snetterton in their online track data base (share.optimumg.com/tracks), but I have not found Cadwell. Does someone have logged data for that track? They have an online tool which can be used to convert logged data into tracks in the software. I would really appreciate if someone could create that!

Here are some pics of the program if you don't know it:

Danke!
Florian