Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Jun 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3424090)   #1
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ICs fictional practice track...

Heyo,

Im a 3d graphic artist by trade, and do alot of car models in my spare time for fun:
http://the-ic.deviantart.com/gallery...h=%2F&offset=0
I thought id expand the portfolio a bit and start doing some tracks aswell, now that Assetto Corsa has released their beta track modding tools

i would have started with rFactor2, but their plugin is currently only compatible with severely out of date versions of 3dsMAX, and its quite complicated getting it ingame in any case...if they bring out new tools, ill probably look into it again then...

ive attached the track layout that im finally happy with, its located about 4km north of Canberra Airport in Aus...it originally started as a club circuit, but then as i tested various cars on it, it kinda just grew and grew and grew...

main layout in cyan is about 6.3km, terrain is tinted blue for low areas and red for high, track has 41.5m of elevation change all up...i was doing ballpark 2:1X laptimes in the FIA GT3 McLaren 12C, the track is really good for cars that handle well and can carry the speed through the sweepers

i want to do high quality accurate versions of Wakefield Park and my local hillclimb track eventually (and also do the GT86 i track there once the car modding tools come out), but im starting with this fictional track to understand the workflow, scratch-building my own texture and asset libraries etc. etc. without worrying about it being accurate or not

and yeah, you guys doing all the cool Sketchup tracks in this "My Track Designs" forum should have a look at the AC modding tools if you havent already, theyre nice and easy to use, and not program-specific, you just need to be able to export .FBX files, which Sketchup does just fine

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNB_Track_FinalLayout.jpg (536.9 KB, 171 views)