Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Oct 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4129661)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Who's on First?

As an on again off again Supercar viewer, one huge problem I have with supercarrs is that now ford/holden is gone, they are saying people will be fan of a driver or team.

But its really hard to be fan of a team, when they keep renaming teams according to the current sponsor and not saying which team it is.
Besides 888 and DJR, I dont know who the other cars belong to. The commentors lazily keep referring to the sponsor only (i guess thats a commercial thing) They just say the Boost Team holden is keeping the Monster ford.... Which team are they?

Boost has appeared on almost every car at one stage. If I dont concentrate, the team that was boost last year is now pirtec, Same with coke, penrite etc. For a long time Penrite was erebus, now is it BJR? And who does David Reynolds drive for, Tim edwards is 888 now? The holden works team was mobile.. now its 888. I just want to relax and watch my favourite team go, not spend half the race on the net trying to work out who is what.

Imagine if football teams stopped being known by names/location or jersey colors, and were just called team sportsbet vs team coke, and every few months they change sponsor name and kit colours, and the star people from one team goes to another. Would toally confuse the casual/beginner fan. The team in red and white last year are now blue green and a totally different mob is team coke.

I want to easily know a car/driver is Erebus/MSR/BJR/FPR etc. Maybe they should have to run a prominent logo or strip on the windscreen, or the Neil and Mark could say "The BJR Penrite car" more often than not.

I cant be fan of BJones, Erebus, FPR or the other teams, when I actually dont know which cars and drivers they are.

Last edited by bathurst77; 10 Oct 2022 at 09:19.