Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Oct 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4182478)   #1
Th3_Ch4s3
Rookie

Th3_Ch4s3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Identifying an old Tojeiro 'Sewell'

Evening all,

Long shot this - I'm aware.

In 1996 my father sold his 'Sewell'. I know little about it other than it had a TR3 engine with a 5 speed gearbox, a Tojero chassis, and was put together by a likely long forgotten garage in Hammersmith at some point in the 1950's. I also know that there was a badge that says "Sewell Hammersmith" on the steering wheel. I also know it had two registration numbers in it's time - VVS 382 and 5 CPB; I can't find any history on either of them.

Outside of the above, I know that the new owner in 1996 either did (or at least intended to) retrofit the chassis with a new aluminium body and replace the TR3 engine with a Bristol straight 6. The new owners intention was to take it historic racing and I'm fairly certain it would have done so.

I have around 25 photos of it in both original state and the state in which my farther sold it - hopefully I've uploaded the key ones to this post but obviously can provide more if it would help identification.

I'm really hoping I can find this car, I'd really, really appreciate information anyone might have about it's whereabouts.

Many thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0 (10).jpeg (1.96 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg image0 (11).jpeg (1.68 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg image1 (1).jpeg (1.77 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg image3 (2).jpeg (1.76 MB, 8 views)