Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:19 (Ref:916305)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
building your car . . . . . .HOW MUCH !

not sure if this is strictly 'technology' but for those of you who have built your own car, how long did it take ?

I've spent around 15k on cars and bits . .mad a bit back selling stuff off . . .I have good stuff but a lot of 2nd hand, the engines top top spec yet either

I've noted hours as Ive been building and reckon 350 hours to build from a bare shell, this includes rebuilding callipers and suspension struts etc, reconditioning of many old parts as I cant just throw new at it for cost and availability reasons.

on top of that I estimate 150 hours, on searching, buying and collecting stuff, and managing the 'project'

now you dont need to be an accountant to work out thats 10 weeks work, if you pay yourself and give yourself a margin for overheads and mistakes etc . . . .all of a sudden its £25k for fully prepped race historic saloon !!!

anyone else worked it out ? . . .I know many bury their heads in the ground, but you must have a pretty good idea if your honest