Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:56 (Ref:929965)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regional Or National Club Racing

I know that there will be many people around who wish to race in high profile series and/or at a great variety of venues on a national basis and that is fine but I also think that there are great many series that could be combined and run on a regional basis in order to cut the costs and time involved in competing. I know that FF 1600 runs on a regional basis and that there are several other clubs with regional series but I am staggered that this is not the template for more club racing series.

As an example a typical regional meeting could run races for minis/stock/hot hatches; Saloons and sports cars (with classes for various states of mods); Kit cars and "Locaterfields"; racing sports cars and GTs (radicals, LM 3000's, Vauxhall Supersports, K-Series Clubmans and the like), FF 1600 and Monoposto/ F4. Combine this with a couple of saloon/ sports and F Libre allcomers races and the end and you'd have a cracking meeting I reckon.

It may even be that this sort of regional event (or parts of it) could run on a mid week evening. At the end of the year a series of "festivals" could be run for each of the race types to run against each other and people would also get a bit of variety, an awayday etc.

This sort of event may even make it easier to attract regional sponsorship for both events and the competitor, after all what local business wants to sponsor anyone who they can realistically only support once or twice a year.

Any thoughts?