Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 May 2001, 20:45 (Ref:94557)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts on Oulton Park

OK - loads of ramblings so just bear with me.

Sprint race - and what a race - very nice to see the Production cars win it and get to the top step of the podium - beat that upset the Touring boys. Kurt Luby was superb in the Lexus - he was secnd for a lot of the race and successfully held up all the others! Tim Harveys Alfa went well, Dave P still had engine probs and retired. Good win by Yvan.

Feature race was fun! It was a close race and I am not sure how many laps, if any, the Production boys were beaten by. Tom Boardman had a hell of a race with Peter Cate and Rick Kraemer. Phil Bennett was a 'naughty' boy pushing Kurt Luby at the bottom of Cacades making him take the Fosters route. Quick 180 degree turn and he rejoined. Phill had damaged the car and returned to the pits with shredded tyre.
What was most suprising was that Tim Harvey came third in the Alfa after Plato retired. He was mighty chuffed and that trophy is no pot!

John B&Q got a good 10th and a big thankyou from us for the drinks Saturday night, the flag and the other things which I will keep quiet about!!!

and lastly - I thought the Clios were excellent. Did you realise that Jim Seniors qualifying time this year would have put him on pole last year - you listening RickP?