Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Dec 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1175585)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rank the drivers

I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone ranks this year's performances of the drivers who competed in multiple races this year. Write down 1-20 and put drivers names beside them. Explainations are encouraged, but not required.

The List:
AJ
Phillippe
Wilson
Bourdais
Lavin
Smith
Junquiera
PT
Marques
Tag
Gonzalez
Gidley
Vasser
Dominguez
RHR
Mazzacanne
Haberfeld
Servia
Carpentier
Jourdain
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1175606)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebastien Bourdais
AJ Allmendinger
Bruno Junquiera
Patrick Carpentier
Paul Tracy
Justin Wilson
Mario Dominguez
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Oriol Servia
Alex Tagliani
Jimmy Vasser
Mario Haberfeld
Michel Jourdain
Guy Smith
Tarso Marques
Memo Gidley
Rodolfo Lavin
Roberto Gonzalez
Gaston Mazzacane
Nelson Philippe
Old 9 Dec 2004, 23:48 (Ref:1175772)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Bourdais - the champ
2. Allmendinger - rookie of the year
3. Wilson . did impress on occasion
4. ServiÃ* - brought Coyne to podium
5. Junqueira - battled Seb
6. Carpentier - sliiightly better than PT
7. Tracy - just not like 2003
8. Haberfeld - did well enough with the Reynard
9. Tagliani - finally won it!
10. Hunter-Reay - big win at the Mile
11. Dominguez
12. Jourdain Jr.
13. Vasser
14. Smith
15. Gidley
16. Gonzalez
17. Lavin
18. Marques
19. Philippe
20. Mazzacane
Old 12 Dec 2004, 01:49 (Ref:1177361)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Bourdais - No debate
2. Dominguez - Lots of passes and pushed hard. Often had a lot of pace.
3. AJ - Often flew with an ill handling car.
4. PT - Lots of issues and problems, but he did put in a number of good performances. His win total could have just as easily been 4 instead of 2. Vancouver was a situation where I think only Bourdais has the ability to have done the same.
5. Tag - Variable car, but always charged through the field. In other words he didn't have the car to do one fast lap, but his consistant pace was beyond what many could do.
6. Wilson - Some terrific performances, did as much as could be expected.
7. Pat - Pretty decent season, but still some periodic lack of pace issues.
8. Vasser - Often quick in what was perhaps the slowest car on the grid.
9. Servia - Absolutely blistering. Coyne podium says it all.
10. Junquiera - While fast and some success he's got an incredible car and excluding a couple of races was no where close to his teammate.
11. Haberfeld - Appeared to be doing a very good job, but some performances weren't terrific and Valiante beating him in Mexico City was embarassing.
12. RHR - Expected a lot more. Other than Milwaukee he didn't impress me much. Dominguez almost always looked much stronger, even if the finishing order didn't reflect that.
13. Jourdain - Hugely disappointing season. I think some team aspects played a big part and I still think he's one of the top drivers, but results do matter.
14. Gidely - Despite crashes, drove where he left off last time he was in the series.
15. Lavin - Top car and while he's still learning a lot he had a couple of really nice races eg. RA.
16. Gonzalez - Some decent performances
17. Philippe - Despite being abhorant with Rocketsports, actually had a couple of good races.
18. Smith - Mid season replacement is hard, but for the most part he was well off the pace.
19. Marques - Showed some promise, but I don't feel confident enough to say more.
20. Mazzacane - Horrible.

I think 2-12 are REALLY hard to rank. Very close and seeing the numbers I gave to certain drivers seems unfair, but I can't figure it out anyother way.

Last edited by Snrub; 12 Dec 2004 at 01:55.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 02:14 (Ref:1177366)   #5
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Sebastien Bourdais - Of course, he won the series
2. Mario Dominguez - Showed great signs of qualifying...however didn't perform well in some races, overall he did great
3. Bruno Junquiera - Consistently finished well, although he was a whiner
4. AJ Allmendinger - Had a shaky first half of the season, but pulled it all together to surpass Wilson midseason for ROTY
5. Paul Tracy - A great driver, just some bad luck in some races, he also learned to calm down a little bit regarding some discrepancies (neglecting Cleveland)
6. Oriol Servia - Pulled it all together great for Dale Coyne, scoring a podium and a top 10 in the season...awesome job
7. Rodolfo Lavin - LARGE improvement from last year, i was very amazed at how he raced hard in many cases, and has become my personal favorite driver
8. Alex Tagliani - Scored his first win, and up until the middle of the season had that record of finishing many consecutive races
9. Jimmy Vasser - Impressed me on many occasions by running hard, especially towards the end of the year
10. Patrick Carpentier - Eh, not a bad year for him...10 is the mediocre rank so that's what he is :P
11. Ryan Hunter-Reay - Didn't impress me much this season...he was better then last season, but he still should have been able to press forward in some situations
12. Mario Haberfeld - Nicknamed "the little engine that could"; he performed very well this season in the Reynard
13. Justin Wilson - Did good in the first few races, then fell off
14. Michel Jourdain - Didn't pull together many good results at all this season
15. Roberto Gonzalez - He is slowly growing in champ cars, and put together some fair results this year
16. Guy Smith - Did really well for replacing Gidley midway through season
17. Memo Gidley - Not a great performer, but a very experienced racecar driver who is always there when you need him
18. Tarso "Markee" - Was disappointed that he left after the first few races, he would've done very well if it wasn't for his selfishness
19. Gaston Mazzacane - Didn't do well at all this season, he's really just taking up space...he only shined once by luck in Toronto
20. Nelson Philippe - This young fellow really should not be in champ cars, he really should have some more practice before he jumps into this sport at such a young age, he had a couple of good results, but more training would have proved better for him this rookie season

That was fun

Last edited by drewdawg727; 12 Dec 2004 at 02:18.