England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be dry saturday....
Old 10 Oct 2001, 10:19 (Ref:158421)   #27
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh careful Jos - all that wishful thinking could be risky - mate of mine that lives in Bedford said the forecast could be good.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 08:09 (Ref:159534)   #28
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on for goodness sake the seasons almost over. Be there or be square IT'S FREE and racing starts at 10.15 !!!!!
Old 12 Oct 2001, 08:22 (Ref:159537)   #29
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
Oh come on for goodness sake the seasons almost over. Be there or be square IT'S FREE and racing starts at 10.15 !!!!!
Absolutely Mr P - IT'S FREE IT'S FREE IT'S FREE IT'S FREE there - do you think anyone noticed... We're in garage No 19 btw.
What do you reckon your SDI will be like on a banked oval ?
Old 12 Oct 2001, 08:29 (Ref:159539)   #30
Slowcoach
Racer

Well the 19th hole eh , I'll be there particularly as the forecast has deteriorated markedly. Well I'm told it should be fab , 400+ horses and monster slicks , but then on the downside, me behind the wheel - so pretty average I should think - I am looking forward to it though! please please please be dry........

Last edited by Slowcoach; 12 Oct 2001 at 08:31.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 08:33 (Ref:159540)   #31
Tony Harman
Veteran

Just checked the latest weather sites. Looks like Saturday might be good, and dry. Sunday on the other hand... I'd suggest pumping them wets up
Old 15 Oct 2001, 06:42 (Ref:160737)   #32
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems like we all did well at Rockingham! Tony for being 3rd after the 1st lap, Slowcoach for running high up until.......( ), Jos, in Pre-'90, you only got lapped by 2 cars, and me for finding the track in thick fog using a 1979 roadmap without the industrial estate marked on!
Old 15 Oct 2001, 07:51 (Ref:160757)   #33
Slowcoach
Racer

Thank you Hobson, but yes it all went pearshaped again and everything was going so well until lap 6.....5th on the grid , upto 3rd by the end of the first lap and pulled out a healthy gap over 4th although couldnt make any inroads into the two infront so decided to take it easy and then bang! We think the rod connecting 3rd and 4th gear snapped. That's it for me this year, I've had it, car in garage in disgrace and shan't even look for the problem until next year, been too many failures. Half the races I have started this year have ended in mechanical problems and it's sooo frustrating.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 07:52 (Ref:160758)   #34
Slowcoach
Racer

Tony - sorry I didn't manage to say hi - too busy wallowing in my own misery - how did it go for you ?
Old 15 Oct 2001, 08:21 (Ref:160769)   #35
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was about to say fab weekend nothing to report - then I remembered my broken gearbox......it stuck in third on the warm down after the first race and then freed on the green flag of the second (lucky or what !) but is a bit notchy and so probably needs a winter rebuild/replace - so I won't see you at DOnington altho' Ken Clarke may borrow it for the daywiht a standard gearbox - I saw Tony in third at one point and then later someone tried to explain to me that despite finishing about seventh he got the class result he wanted - slow coach what you need is a nice standard car to come out in cscc - even another rover !
Old 15 Oct 2001, 09:02 (Ref:160779)   #36
Tony Harman
Veteran

Well we got what we needed Qualified well, ahead of championship position rival. Great start which together with 2 spinners on the start of lap 2 got me to 3rd pos as everyone has reported, then it got a bit busy... brakes went off a bit and I spent all the time in the infield having to stop people overtaking me. Eventually managed to take the banking flat Had to give way to let some people past eventually so finally finished 7th, but end result was 1 point clear in the championship and that was what I set out to do. Nice to catch Jos for a couple of minutes, glad you got your gears back. Sorry to hear you ran into problems Mr P, watched you in a comforatable 3rd but then had to go do something to the car and didn't realise it all fell apart for you, saw your car in paddock but never saw you around it.
What did everyone think of the circuit ?, all our guys liked it apart from the lack of marker cones and marshalls, apparently they have problems getting marshalls there for a 2 day event because of the no camping rule. Of course we were in a bit of luxury with all the comfort of the garages, H&C water, Electric, airline... everyone was saying how they wished they had that at home One or two even wished they had a garage...
Oh well that's it for the year - hope you're all going to be back out again for next year.
Meantime - don't forget how quickly the winter rebuild season passes.
See you on the Black Stuff
Old 15 Oct 2001, 09:56 (Ref:160791)   #37
Slowcoach
Racer

Congratulations Tony. Sorry I didn't bump into you , although I did see Mrs H. running around a couple of times. Quite frankly I couldn't see the bloke standing next to me when I got there Sunday morning!
The circuit I thought was excellent, but physically the most demanding I have driven all season, I sweated off many pounds just in those 6 laps and my arms were aching for the only time this year, the Rover is very heavy to get round all those bruddy hairpins. Yes I hope to see you and Jos and everyone else again next year, might even have got the old tank going again by then
BTW - not impressed with 'UK SPORT' who took me out of my car from the assembly area as we were about to go on the track to form up and breath tested me(0 reading-of course)I then had to sprint back to the car and was last out and only just made my grid position - already hot and flustered - not a good state of mind to be in to race.(they just should have got their timing better)- Particularly bad when you consider the race had been delayed over an hour. But all you racers BE WARNED be careful if you're going to the pub the night before