Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Jan 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1820076)   #26
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale
I tried suggesting something something similar to the 750mc late last year. I suggested that with so many newer Zetecs out there without a championship to race in (and in reality there being no significant performance difference from 01 to 05) that they should open their series up to newer cars. I also pointed out that there were quite a few of their existing 'pre 01' Zetecs racing that are actually 01 cars (some with the chassis plates removed) so if they aren't actually enforcing the regs why not open it up fairly? Funnily enough my initial email didn't get a reply. The 2nd email, a few weeks ago, did get a reply but the answer was that the regs had already been set and it was too late to change them.

A pity really as there are a number of newer Zetec owners who want a clubman series to race in. It just seems to me that they are missing an opportunity.
I know Robin is keen to make F4 a slicks and wings formula but they do allow zetecs after 01 to race as Garry Findlay raced an 05 last year???

It would be daft for the 750mc not to allow the newer zetecs as they are not really any quicker are they?

Didn't you race your ex Tappy car at Donington last year?
Old 20 Jan 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1820204)   #27
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it was the 2000 car I raced - I didn't have the 04 car ready at that time.

They do allow newer Zetecs to race, but only in an 'Invitation' class, not in the normal Zetec class. I certainly don't think there is a great deal of difference in age of chassis - I can do very very similar times in my 98 Swift to times I can do in any of the newer Mygales and have the data to prove it!

From my experience they don't enforce the rule anyway, so why not open it up legitimately to newer cars and hopefully get more cars on the grid?
Old 22 Jan 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1821852)   #28
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are all welcome in the CSCC MotorsportAds.co.uk Formula Free series - new for 2007.

www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk

Come and join in - simple Regs and enforced driving standards

Old 22 Jan 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1822085)   #29
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Club Membership is £30, Registration for the Series is £50 and race entry fees will be £99 per race / £175 for double-header.

Now why can't the BRSCC match these prices?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1848071)   #30
tiewrap
Rookie

tiewrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Surprised that there hasn't been some discussion on this thread about the proposed series of races that may be run by MSVR, with Lucy Wardrop being one of the prime movers.

Thoughts anyone?
The Zetec cars handled worse than the Kent cars because the lump was too heavy! The new 1.6 Duratec engine has transformed the UK Championship and soon FF will be as popular as it was in the 80's!

The Zetec cars have been converted to:

1. Kent engined cars (for Castle Combe FF1600, NW etc)

2. Duratec

3 Mono Posto

4 Hill Climb

The basic cost of the Duratec engine compared to the Zetec, makes it economic sense to drop the latter.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1849370)   #31
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think your final point is correct. Whilst a Duratec engine may look cheap - that is actually not the case! The engine itself is cheap - buying all the bits you need to convert it from a road car engine to a race car engine is actually pretty expensive. I think the final cost is somewhere slightly north of GBP5000 + Vat. There are many race tuned zetec engines available for less than GBP1000.

When combined with the fact that Zetec chassis are actually also pretty cheap, I think it is actually a very good series for the clubman competitor to race in. The engines are a lot less hassle (as well as being more equal performance wise) than a kent engine for a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiewrap
The Zetec cars handled worse than the Kent cars because the lump was too heavy! The new 1.6 Duratec engine has transformed the UK Championship and soon FF will be as popular as it was in the 80's!

The Zetec cars have been converted to:

1. Kent engined cars (for Castle Combe FF1600, NW etc)

2. Duratec

3 Mono Posto

4 Hill Climb

The basic cost of the Duratec engine compared to the Zetec, makes it economic sense to drop the latter.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1849711)   #32
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil, note tiewrap is permanently banned

My view is let zetecs run a full racing exhaust manifold and the Focus plastic inlet manifold and run on ACB10s.

John

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final