BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: St. Pete race thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Holy ****! Haberfeld should get his liscense pulled for that shoving match with Bruno!!!
Well, Bruno would be out of his element if he didn't have something or someone to complain about. Mario just helped him to find a reason.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 05:41 (Ref:515687)   #152
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub

Speed also had pretty good coverage of passes and the action. Improved with room for improvement. The commentators were nothings special, but didn't annoy. (overall pretty good)
I thought Varsha, TK & Co. were excellent as always. I think we underestimate just how lucky we are to have them call the race for us!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 06:00 (Ref:515691)   #153
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno looked as ordinary as his first year in CART, he was sliding all over the place from the onboard shots. Bourdais certainly looks vey promising; and I was impressed with Monteiro who drove very well keeping Tracy and Carpentier behind him for as long as he did after only just jumping in the car
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:49 (Ref:515755)   #154
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
That was an incredible race. The venue is top-notch, no question. Perhaps the best street circuit there is. These new drivers are great, too. Bourdais is something special, but these other guys are pretty good. Monteiro didn't look like a rookie at all. And Haberfeld impressed me with his drive, but not necessarily his driving style. Once he figures things out, he'll be a star. (But CART's gotta make sure that he figures things out before the next race or he could hurt someone). Hunter-Reay looked good until he stuffed it, but there were vets doing that too. Mario Dominguez put on a great drive. Hope he bought Moreno a beer after the race.

But what sticks in my mind is Emmo. His cheeks are gonna be sore in the morning from all of the smiling he's done. You can tell that the man is realizing a dream, and that he's doing something he really loves. Welcome back, Emmo. We've missed you, and we're so very happy you're back.

All-in-all, the GP of St. Petersburg was a tremendous success. Traction control is gone, torque is increased, and this is going to be the most exciting season in years!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:43 (Ref:515985)   #155
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tanalised
Bruno looked as ordinary as his first year in CART, he was sliding all over the place from the onboard shots. Bourdais certainly looks vey promising; and I was impressed with Monteiro who drove very well keeping Tracy and Carpentier behind him for as long as he did after only just jumping in the car
Bruno climbed back to third from almost the back of the field after that botched pitstop! While Bourdais impressed with speed, Bruno was the one who was able to keep his car in one piece!
Old 25 Feb 2003, 01:40 (Ref:516767)   #156
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just finished watching the race, having taped it last night off telly. Very exciting race, great to see the cars all slipping and sliding around the track without TC and the drivers actually having to DRIVE the cars.

If races can be more like that, or better, we are in for a fantastic season. And good to see the old hand PT win the first race of the season.