Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2003, 11:20 (Ref:651922)   #76
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
sorry V but I see no point dragging this out any longer

Awwwww, Mark, but we were having so much fun.

Think up a great reason to stop the debate about brave, skillful passes and then we'll see how we go.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 12:18 (Ref:652020)   #77
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
stupid
Old 4 Jul 2003, 13:43 (Ref:652305)   #78
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Good point and well made. Of course we all know that TC stops the back wheels spinning so you obviously need less skill. Thanks for that. Took me all day to realise you were complimenting me.
Woahhh, the whole day and still wrong...

What about same speed and G-force Peter ?, have you raced at the same conditions ?, don't think so...

PS: Hope this one takes you less than a day. :confused:
Old 4 Jul 2003, 13:49 (Ref:652315)   #79
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Warning to all : this sniping is boring me now. If I have to come back in here it will be with a very large stick.

Cheers

Wrex
Old 5 Jul 2003, 06:42 (Ref:653052)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Woahhh, the whole day and still wrong...

What about same speed and G-force Peter ?, have you raced at the same conditions ?, don't think so...

PS: Hope this one takes you less than a day. :confused:
Damn,

Another day!
Old 5 Jul 2003, 09:35 (Ref:653132)   #81
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's ok Peter, I understand you...
Old 6 Jul 2003, 09:46 (Ref:653784)   #82
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you guys might find this interesting, and without wanting to cause another "debate", it makes the pass look even better and certainly legitimate. It's the pass from on board with Montoya...enjoy... http://f1.tottoro.hu/2003/09_europe/07_mschumacher.avi
Old 6 Jul 2003, 10:55 (Ref:653794)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the link Damon.

Hopefully we'll have something that exciting today.

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Jul 2003 at 10:57.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 11:00 (Ref:653796)   #84
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well it's certainly primed to be a good one. Only an hour to go .
Old 6 Jul 2003, 14:34 (Ref:653920)   #85
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Well it's certainly primed to be a good one. Only an hour to go .
er....bad call there Damon. Not your fault though, I thought it would be good too. Tricked by modern F1 again.

As an aside, JPM backed of fairly enthusiastically today didn't he? Wonder what size his balls will be tomorrow?
Just goes to show that all drivers have their good and bad moments I suppose.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 15:01 (Ref:653935)   #86
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
It was very strange, in the last stint Montoya wasn't the same driver driver that overtook Schu a week ago (although he was certainly that driver in the second stint).
Old 6 Jul 2003, 15:16 (Ref:653948)   #87
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he just lost a "ball"

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:28 (Ref:654002)   #88
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did he do wrong? He managed to save the engine...
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:33 (Ref:654003)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only caught the last half. Did he have a problem? I heard above my turkish commentators something that Patricksaid about Michael but it wasn't clear.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:40 (Ref:654006)   #90
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
What did he do wrong? He managed to save the engine...
off course ... the only problem is that this time the engine didn't need to be "saved"

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:42 (Ref:654007)   #91
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He didn't have any problem.... according to him, he kinda forgot the balls in the hotel room and he "could not catch Ralf. On this track you cannot really overtake easily, so you try to do it with the pit-stop strategy. After the third stop I just backed off and drove to secure my position"...

So why the racer he is couldn't catch Ralf "the uselesssavior of the engines" Schumacher still remains a mystery
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:52 (Ref:654011)   #92
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
I only caught the last half. Did he have a problem? I heard above my turkish commentators something that Patricksaid about Michael but it wasn't clear.
Patrick wanted the pit signaller to make it clear to Montoya that he had backed off so much that Michael was in danger of catching him. This might be what they were talking about. In the end Montoya was in no danger.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 16:54 (Ref:654013)   #93
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
He didn't have any problem.... according to him, he kinda forgot the balls in the hotel room and he "could not catch Ralf. On this track you cannot really overtake easily, so you try to do it with the pit-stop strategy. After the third stop I just backed off and drove to secure my position"...

So why the racer he is couldn't catch Ralf "the uselesssavior of the engines" Schumacher still remains a mystery
Yeah, doesn't sound like big balls to me... I like Monty, but I am really enjoying watching Ralf come into his own...
Old 6 Jul 2003, 17:51 (Ref:654039)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm warming to him. If he'd shut his mouth (my opinion only) he'd be much better. I said somewhere else "pride comes before a fall". Don't think he's falling or fallen. But he must let his driving do the talking rather like his understated team mate.

If Team Willy keeps this up we might end up with a vintage year.
Old 6 Jul 2003, 21:07 (Ref:654190)   #95
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
according to him, he kinda forgot the balls in the hotel room
You do have a point. I was very disappointed to hear JPM say in the post race press conference that he had "just backed off". A racer doesn't do that! Not in my view anyway. If he loses to Ralf while trying, that's fine, but he should at least try.

Of course, from the team's point of view, neither of them should do anything that would jeopardize their 1-2 finish, and I agree with that. But that doesn't mean JPM shouldn't try to stay on Ralf's tail, to capitalize if Ralf makes a mistake (like when Ralf - by his own admittance, and we could see this clearly on the TV as well - braked too late for a corner).
Old 6 Jul 2003, 23:13 (Ref:654288)   #96
Stephenw
Rookie

Stephenw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenw
regardless; Monty squeezes Schumi into the inside kerb whenever he gets the chance...

if he was actually a factor for the WDC year to year that would be different...

but as it stands now it's merely an inconvenience as Monty will continue to burn up his tires and throw races away and lose to his teammate in the standings...and in the long run he's yet again: a non-factor.

lol
I'm telling ya...the guy burns up his tires every race...he's always complaining about the car; but like I've said...it's the nut behind the wheel...

Old 6 Jul 2003, 23:34 (Ref:654299)   #97
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think JPM would have been told to back off as it was a Williams 1-2 and it would be good for the WCC. Frank and Patrick may be racers themselves, but they're not stupid to let them throw away a great position like that.

JPM simply lost interest after being told...
Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:21 (Ref:654352)   #98
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
He was'nt told anything, and shame on ITV for suggesting it.

Montoya gave it his all thoughout the race. When Ralf came out of the pits initially he had every intention of catching and trying to pass Ralf (look at his lap times before and after the pit stop).

But Ralf put in a sucession of blinder laps and Juan knew it was over. He then conserved the car and his position to the end. He did'nt have a choice in the matter, the alternative was throwing it off the road trying to catch a car that was faster than him today.

He did'nt need to be ordered not to pass Ralf, he never had a choice in the matter.

Anyways, both he and Ralf drove faultlessly today. What more could you ask form either of them?
Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:45 (Ref:654369)   #99
Evilsenna
Racer

Evilsenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he replaced a ball with some intelligence!
Not risking the 1-2 for Williams.

But for any other driver, I guess he would have tried
to overtake until the end.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:27 (Ref:654566)   #100
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
If I have to come back in here it will be with a very large stick.

Too much infomation big fella

Tags
jpm