Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 4 Feb 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2626409)   #276
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any one else catch this? "Sam likes the new Peugeot LMP1 V8 engine and won't be suprised to see it at the Daytona 24 next year" from http://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2626448)   #277
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by protopuma View Post
Any one else catch this? "Sam likes the new Peugeot LMP1 V8 engine and won't be suprised to see it at the Daytona 24 next year" from http://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer
This is a bit odd, as the new engine shouldn't even be ready for the test bench yet! (if you compare to the V12 HDI)
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2626461)   #278
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
This is a bit odd, as the new engine shouldn't even be ready for the test bench yet! (if you compare to the V12 HDI)
I'd say it should be in a car and testing on a track no later than at the end of the year...in that case I don't think it's odd that substantial work has already been done.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2626486)   #279
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I'd say it should be in a car and testing on a track no later than at the end of the year...in that case I don't think it's odd that substantial work has already been done.
The first V12 was first ready up to Le Mans, and thereafter it went into the test bench.
They might have the block ready?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2626498)   #280
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I might be wrong, but isn't the really weird thing about this tweet the part about Daytona...?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2626503)   #281
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So after the ACO press conference we know one of the drivers for each of the 908s at Le Mans: Wurz, Minassian and Bourdais

No Brabham anymore but to me it's no surprise at all(I bet no Klien and no Pagenaud neither)
Old 4 Feb 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2626640)   #282
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I might be wrong, but isn't the really weird thing about this tweet the part about Daytona...?
yes....
Old 4 Feb 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2626686)   #283
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
So after the ACO press conference we know one of the drivers for each of the 908s at Le Mans: Wurz, Minassian and Bourdais

No Brabham anymore but to me it's no surprise at all(I bet no Klien and no Pagenaud neither)
I think Pagenaud might be in a Peugeot this year. so far Highcroft doesn't have him listed for a seat in P2
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2626900)   #284
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since basically no teams listed more than one driver, from what I've seen, I don't think that speaks to anything. I believe both Brabham and Pagenaud will be in the Highcroft car. I could be wrong though!:
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2626911)   #285
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there a rule this year about having to have one gentlemant in the car in P2? In that case I'd expect Dayton to fill the third spot.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2626914)   #286
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question already asked. Never mind.

Chris
Old 5 Feb 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2626973)   #287
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I believe both Brabham and Pagenaud will be in the Highcroft car.
Certainly today's Highcroft press release implies Pagenaud will be driving for them at Le Mans with Marino completing the trio.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2626977)   #288
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Certainly today's Highcroft press release implies Pagenaud will be driving for them at Le Mans with Marino completing the trio.
The press release states: "He (Brabham) will defend his ALMS crown with the Frenchman (Pagenaud)", but states nothing of Pagenaud being with the team at the 24 Hours.

And the 24 Hours entry list already lists Brabham and Franchitti for Highcroft and the 3rd driver must be an amateur (Duncan perhaps?).
Old 5 Feb 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2627169)   #289
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
The press release states: "He (Brabham) will defend his ALMS crown with the Frenchman (Pagenaud)", but states nothing of Pagenaud being with the team at the 24 Hours.

And the 24 Hours entry list already lists Brabham and Franchitti for Highcroft and the 3rd driver must be an amateur (Duncan perhaps?).
Fair comment, especially since Pagenaud doesn't appear as a named driver on the entry list. I was focusing more on Duncan's comment that "While our drivers have been to Le Mans........".

Incidentally, I believe you are wrong regarding any stipulation that one of the drivers must be a 'gentleman'. That rule, as far as I'm aware, relates only to the LMS, not Le Mans.

We'll see.............
Old 5 Feb 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2627264)   #290
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Fair comment, especially since Pagenaud doesn't appear as a named driver on the entry list. I was focusing more on Duncan's comment that "While our drivers have been to Le Mans........".

We'll see.............
I think Marino ran with Drayson last year, and Brabs well....
Old 13 Feb 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2632827)   #291
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Less than 9 days to go before the press conference
Old 13 Feb 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2632861)   #292
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I understand it, Pagenaud has a contract with Peugeot for Le Mans.

They have 9 seats to fill and it looks like half of them are uncertain or gone.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2632881)   #293
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marshall Pruett seems to believe that Pagenaud will be with Peugeot, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Career-wise, however, with Acura now gone it would be a wise move to maintain a contact with a bona-fide manufacturer running a programme they are intending to continue. The man has a lot of talent for any team to appreciate.

Pruett also brings up the need to run an amateur in each P2 lineup in the context of Highcroft and Pagenaud, suggesting that Fiona Miller of Risi believes the rule for Le Mans is the same as the LMS in that regard.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2632882)   #294
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Marshall Pruett seems to believe that Pagenaud will be with Peugeot, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Career-wise, however, with Acura now gone it would be a wise move to maintain a contact with a bona-fide manufacturer running a programme they are intending to continue. The man has a lot of talent for any team to appreciate.

Pruett also brings up the need to run an amateur in each P2 lineup in the context of Highcroft and Pagenaud, suggesting that Fiona Miller of Risi believes the rule for Le Mans is the same as the LMS in that regard.
So it sounds like different teams have different views on how that rule is written. Some think it applies to LM as well, some not. Does anyone know for sure?
Old 13 Feb 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2632895)   #295
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they should ask the ACO

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Feb 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2632902)   #296
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They probably dont know either !!!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 03:06 (Ref:2633032)   #297
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
they should ask the ACO
Then you'll know by 2012, maybe 2011, and it would depend on how Pug, and maybe other manufacturers feel.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2633136)   #298
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
They have 9 seats to fill and it looks like half of them are uncertain or gone.

To me only Brabham and Klien are missing, not half of the crews !!! Who else are uncertain ??? Gené ?? Lamy ???
Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2633773)   #299
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
According to L'Equipe of 12th february, Sarrazin, Bourdais and Wurz were testing again last week in order to get the best set-up possible of the 908(driveshaft and traction control were the main point of work)

For the occasion the proto had the 2010 spec. rear parts(sorry no pics of it yet)...

On yesterday Europe1 radio Sébastien Loeb explained after Rally Sweden he has another test in 908 again within the few coming days
Old 20 Feb 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2636886)   #300
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Today Quesnel should have a meeting with Loeb to get his definitive answer
Closed Thread