Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Jan 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1505766)   #451
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year is the same

It does make me laugh how much heated debate happens each year. I am almost glad to more disconnected than usual from all of it. There are still a number of Drivers out there who are looking for a drive and Teams that could come into the fray. What I am wondering is how many brightly coloured cars we will end up with e.g. Orange, Pink and Green.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 21 Jan 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1505823)   #452
sharpy
Racer

United Kingdom
Newcastle
sharpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just looking forward to the Media day when everything is officially announced.

Going from what Andy's said about the colour of the cars, I bet Dave Pinkney's car will be eye-catching if its the same as the artists impression. Seems like Orange maybe the popular colour this year.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1506218)   #453
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpy
I bet Dave Pinkney's car will be eye-catching if its the same as the artists impression. Seems like Orange maybe the popular colour this year.
Watch this space... You may even see a bit of Orange on the side of Pinkney's car yet.. The inside definitely is...

If it works, it will look fantastic. Remember this is the team that had bullet holes in it Porsche's last year....
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1508736)   #454
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Stefan Hodgetts and Luke Hines are both working on deals that will see them run in the BTCC in 2006.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1508877)   #455
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think I'll cancel the MN subscription as I can read the stories here.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1508884)   #456
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
For me, the decals on the BTCC cars are unproffessional looking, even the works teams sponsors look very much like an indie team. Half the cars colour schemes look like they were thrown together at the last moment, kinda like put 3 tins of paint into a bucket, and chuck it over the car.

I'm not sure why this is, but the paint jobs of the super tourers always looked super super proffessional, im not sure if the bodywork or maybe the sticker material is different, im not sure, however thats the impression I get.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1508896)   #457
sharpy
Racer

United Kingdom
Newcastle
sharpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that back in the super touring days all the main teams where run for manuafacturers who would supply all the funding, therefore no need to advertise other sponsors.

But if you remember Matt Neals independant primera, that used to be full of stickers of the team dynamics alloy wheels and max power etc.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1509520)   #458
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpy
Don't forget that back in the super touring days all the main teams where run for manuafacturers who would supply all the funding, therefore no need to advertise other sponsors.

But if you remember Matt Neals independant primera, that used to be full of stickers of the team dynamics alloy wheels and max power etc.
Well, I think The Monster is bringing up 2 areas of complaint here--one sponsor decal related and perhaps one paint scheme related. You could have many smaller sponsors, but could the stickers be better placed. As well, could the base paint/design scheme be "better designed" to begin with on which decals would be placed?

OTOH, perhaps sponsors are changing too much race to race or being confirmed too late to properly design alon with the paint scheme?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1509654)   #459
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of it is that the car can literally be shrink wrapped - that has opened it up to lots more eye catching designs which don't always look as good on the car as on the computer screen.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1509757)   #460
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the works VX looks very professional and it has done for many years. I would say it looks as professional, if not more so, than say the Schnitzer BMW.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1510355)   #461
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport say that Williams will drive the SpeedEquipe IS200 again this year but Ian Curley will not and the team are looking for another driver.

Plato was also meant to be testing the Leon at Snetterton on Wednesday - wonder if anyone has any pics ?
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1510381)   #462
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello hello...
http://www.xero-competition.com/drives_available.htm
Old 27 Jan 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1510444)   #463
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Yeah I've just gone in for the seat

(just kidding)
Old 28 Jan 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1510691)   #464
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I believe the first drive has gone to Mark Jones. He tested with the team at Oulton Park.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1511964)   #465
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Is Xero definitely entering then? Apart from that page, has anyone got any confirmation?
Old 30 Jan 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1511987)   #466
Alfa Fan
Veteran

No, but a confirmation on their website is pretty strong evidence. Added to the fact they've been out testing.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1512014)   #467
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GA had on their website last year that they would be entering, so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1512621)   #468
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I'm careful not to get too hopeful - and like Craner Curves said, GA were out testing. And they released a couple of press releases last year saying they were going to enter soon...

But Xero testing is a good sign and I like the livery of the Lexus on their site, hope this deal comes off!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1512688)   #469
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
That's a photo of an Asian TCC car I think.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1512699)   #470
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
That's a photo of an Asian TCC car I think.
Yep. That's ATCC Toyota Altezza Super 2000.

I have heard Ao´s Racing Team won't run Toyota in 2006 so maybe those cars are brought to UK and Xero will run them as Lexus IS200 (Altezza and IS are different names for same car)?
Old 31 Jan 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1512718)   #471
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Altezza and IS200 are the same car, yes.

Shame that ain't their livery though!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1512815)   #472
Alfa Fan
Veteran

"BTCCinfo recently spoke with John BATCHELOR, who is considering at two-car BTCC campaign to showcase the engineering company he has recently acquired. At this stage he has neither cars nor drivers, but the flamboyant businessman has a reputation for springing the odd surprise."

Wondered how long it would be until he was entering a team again. We have this every year. Hopefully he'll turn up with decent cars, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1512819)   #473
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
At this stage he has neither cars nor drivers
Ahhhhaaaaa....
Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1512849)   #474
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
"BTCCinfo recently spoke with John BATCHELOR, who is considering at two-car BTCC campaign to showcase the engineering company he has recently acquired. At this stage he has neither cars nor drivers, but the flamboyant businessman has a reputation for springing the odd surprise."

Wondered how long it would be until he was entering a team again. We have this every year. Hopefully he'll turn up with decent cars, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Which company did he bought?
Old 31 Jan 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1512902)   #475
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Which company did he bought?
Something along the lines of B&QVARTABRILLIANCEYORKFC maybe?