Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Nov 2007, 18:58 (Ref:2078132)   #26
Jimmy C
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southend, ESSEX
Jimmy C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"PBMW has had strong grids since 2004 when it was first started. Its highly spoken of for the close racing throughout the field with battles from the front all the way back.

The only change for 2008 is we are now buying our own track time

Woolley-We have always made a big effort with the marshals, and will continue to bring treats on the day to our friendly marshals who make it all possible. And with what looks to be a great social calendar, there will be some good evening entertainment in the paddock you will obviously all be welcome to."

Edited at poster's request

Last edited by Tim Falce; 5 Dec 2007 at 14:20.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2078189)   #27
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
Going off at a tangent (if I'm allowed) re Marshals wanting to be there- I was at the 'ring (GP Circuit) in October - saturday events ran from 08:00 until 18:00 and sunday from 09:00 until 18:00 with no lunch breaks. ... Do they have a different system for marshals there with rotation/shifts or something - do they treat them differently ?- I noticed quite a few had proper huts to keep out of the weather etc.
Yes Alan, about 200 € worth better.
Not that I would ever want it to marshal. I, like so many Uk marshals, just do it for the love of the sport.
And ****** near empty grids is not the ******* way to go.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2078225)   #28
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ttrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C
Technical Regulations for those that are interested in some great cheap racing

The TTRS technical regulations can be found HERE, all drivers that have shown an interest to date have been emailed the password.

If you're interested in the series and would like to be added to the mailing list, and receive the password please email info@pbmwc.co.uk
why is a password needed to look at some regs?
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2078258)   #29
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually that was a question I was going to ask...doesn't encourage newbies that aren't in the know. Also still no news on these cheap fees...how cheap are they really going to be? Going back to some of the earlier points that have been made...

JimmyC, nice to see you are confident with getting full grids for a brand new series. Good luck, these things take a hell of a lot of work.

Charger, lucky you. Not everyone can afford say £400-500 to enter 3 races at a track like combe. Also I am speaking as a race organiser/official and a marshal. Knowing how these things work I'm just not sure of the motivations here and am wondering if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Now I wish you guys all the luck in the world with this venture...I'm just not sure about it.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2078260)   #30
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ttrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Fox
Why are you CTCRC guys so bitter about PBMW leaving? ...Al doesn't like one makes anyway!

(@ ascona - what's your issue with needing a password to view the regs?)
me? i got nothing to be bitter about. only asking why when going on to six other race series sites you can view regs openly.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2078263)   #31
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes why the need to be so secretive? Surely its not the way to go if you want to get more entries?
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:39 (Ref:2078279)   #32
Simon Fox
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lichfield
Simon Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Also still no news on these cheap fees...how cheap are they really going to be? .
Have any clubs announced their fees yes? (apart from £125/race at ctcrc)
Old 29 Nov 2007, 22:41 (Ref:2078280)   #33
Simon Fox
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lichfield
Quote:
yes why the need to be so secretive? Surely its not the way to go if you want to get more entries?
1. email Jimmy.
2. obtain password.
3, view regs.

Difficult?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2078528)   #34
Charger500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Penn - Buckinghamshire
Charger500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Charger, lucky you. Not everyone can afford say £400-500 to enter 3 races at a track like combe. Also I am speaking as a race organiser/official and a marshal. Knowing how these things work I'm just not sure of the motivations here and am wondering if there is more to this than meets the eye.
Mate, I only get chance to make half a seasons meetings at best, I'm not lucky enough to have the time to turn out at every event... so my race entry and associated cost per meeting are way way less than someone who makes every round for sure.

Whilst I'm waffling, I don't care much for the feeling of diluting grids either, is that a reason for not trying something new??? if the TTRS was being started up to line someone's pockets I would have a different point of view I'm sure... should we all just put up with something rather than rocking the boat for something better??? I'm a consumer in life and in my racing, I like having options and think it's healthy to have market competition between races series the same as another product... sure, some will not make it which is always a shame, but the good ones will and as much as we all don't like change it s a necessary thing... I'm not saying the CTCRC are bad or doing anything bad etc. I raced with them for a couple of years and have no complaints but neither anything particularly positive either, it was simply a means for getting on track to race!

Can you expand on what other motivations you think there are around all this change???
Old 30 Nov 2007, 10:18 (Ref:2078570)   #35
Andrew Partridg
Rookie

Andrew Partridg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting views expressed here and I pleased to see one or two who have have achieved a perfect nail/head connection.

I too am sorry to leave the CTCRC behind. I agree there are too many series out there. The question is, do we accept the status quo or seek something better? I am no expert on the classic saloon scene, but as the years roll by the cars will become older and costs rise. I perceive PBMW has different roots to many classic racers, in that our drivers (in the main) had no previous affinity to the E30, it is simply an economical way into motorsport.

Thanks to David, a good deal was available to us, but we believed we could do better. Only time will tell. It is correct that no prices have been announced. The reason is simple - our race costs will be the grid cost divided by the number of entrants. We have been working models based upon last years grids and these give a great figure. There is a question about the few circuits that allow large start numbers - Combe for example. As a result we are exploring systems that allow an early indication of entrants before we set the price.

Finally, the marshalls. PBMW has consistently supported marshalls, with raffles in our pre-CTCRC days to marshalling points included in the Championship (I did the Morgan day at Mallory). We will have full grids next year and TTRS are working hard to achieve the same. We will continue to seek to be as inclusive as possible and certainly my beer is your beer.

See you next year!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 10:18 (Ref:2078573)   #36
Andy Cotterill
Rookie

England
Walsall
Andy Cotterill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have read all of the above with interest and at times disappointment.

I have raced in PBMW since 2005, my first experience of racing and I am now thoroughly addicted.

I think what will make our series a success, is the camaraderie amongst the drivers. Nearly everyone wants to help out in one way or another. We have been lucky that the size of our grids have allowed us to go down the route of organising our own calendar, but that would never have happened without the support and input of all the drivers.

With respect to TTRS, BMWs consistently contributed around 30-50% of the pre 93 grids in 2007 and therefore once we left (although with non-bmw growing numbers), it would have meant another series with limited support. If TTRS was not there in 2008, then alot of BMW drivers would be looking to enter another race on that particular race day, therefore boosting the numbers on somebody else's grid. TTRS will be supported by us asi it gives us the option of a class win in a second series, therefore ensuring another FULL grid.

Having Marshalled at Mallory for a day this year, i have the utmost respect for you guys in orange. We always wave at the end of races to show our appreciation, something that i did not experience very often at Mallory from other series i won't mention. The Marshalls i was with, said that they enjoy our racing as it is close and exciting, so i hope that if we are on the calendar then you guys will look forward to helping us.

Thank you to those that have expressed their support and for those that are less complimentary...well, we'll see what happens in 2008 .

p.s. With regards to the announcement of race fees, i know that they are still being calculated and are not being 'secretively' withheld. PBMW committee don't have the experience of a large racing organisation in calculating race fees, we don't have full-time paid staff to work them out and it's the first time they have had to do this. When the work is complete, then i am sure announcements will be quickly made.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 10:49 (Ref:2078586)   #37
BMracer
Rookie

BMracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the Autosport thing. Love the fact there will be none of this group 1 nonsense. I'm off to look for a Sunbeam Lotus as well as my Beemer.

Chris
Old 30 Nov 2007, 14:59 (Ref:2078747)   #38
Jimmy C
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southend, ESSEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Fox
JIMMY!!

PS. How long have you been waiting?
All emails replied to, if you have nothing let me know

Sorry had to actually do some work, and take SWMBO out last night
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:00 (Ref:2078748)   #39
pugracer2
Rookie

England
Weston super Mare
pugracer2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW! That post got an instant response. Password recieved Thank You. Right, now where was that link to regs?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2078750)   #40
Jimmy C
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southend, ESSEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugracer2
WOW! That post got an instant response. Password recieved Thank You. Right, now where was that link to regs?
Her you go: http://www.e30motorsport.co.uk/ttrs/...egulations.pdf
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:10 (Ref:2078753)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C
So the regs are the same as the CTCRC pre-93s then...........That should make it easy to do both championships for those that want to.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Dec 2007 at 09:41.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2079798)   #42
Simon Fox
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lichfield
FWIW I'm gutted to have to bail out of PBMW just when it's starting to get really good. The calendar is superb with the right mix of double headers. This year has been a PITA at times - too many meetings with with either too long or too short a gap and next to no double headers. IMO PBMW often got the short straw with the timetabling. All that is now in their hands - lower entry fees is just the icing on the cake.

Here's hoping it works as good as it sounds so I can come back in 09

Last edited by Tim Falce; 2 Dec 2007 at 11:34.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2082615)   #43
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2008 registration form arrived today for both PBMW and TTRS, duly completed and returned! Well done Jimmy.

S.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2082955)   #44
Jimmy C
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southend, ESSEX
Anybody looking to register who does not have access to the seloc forums, please email me and I will get a registration form over to you.

jimmyc@pbmwc.co.uk

Cheers

Jimmy
Old 29 Dec 2007, 10:54 (Ref:2096121)   #45
BMracer
Rookie

BMracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems all systems go then but why pay £100 registration or whatever to Project 8 Racing Ltd? Who are they? Thought this was a SELOC thing. Seems you have to pay that to find out what the race entry fees are.

Chris
Old 29 Dec 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2096266)   #46
juliann
Rookie

juliann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMracer
Seems all systems go then but why pay £100 registration or whatever to Project 8 Racing Ltd? Who are they? Thought this was a SELOC thing. Seems you have to pay that to find out what the race entry fees are.

Chris
If you want to discuss, pm me with a contact number and I'll let you have all the details.

Ref registering before knowing what entry fees are, I haven't ever known any different, certainly was the same as that in my last two seasons with BARC & CTCRC.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 21:20 (Ref:2096306)   #47
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my humble opinion, the regs should be openly available without the need to email Jimmy, his dog, or the Archbishop of Canterbury.

I was going to have a look at them out of morbid curiosity, since this TTRS seems to be something that may be interesting for one of my old heaps.

If want the series to grow and flourish, you should be printing them out and posting them under the windscreen wipers of any car that looks like it might posses a driver with a pulse.

Since I can't see/download them. I won't bother.

If you have an issue of putting them on a freely open website, I'm quite happy to host them for you at Teamdangerous.com

Rob.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2096311)   #48
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
The regs were online at one point but the website doesn't seem to be working at the moment, or at all.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2096330)   #49
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just tried it and it demanded a password to download the file.
It is entirely possible that the site owner has screwed up the firewall....
Old 29 Dec 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2096366)   #50
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I tried the url I have which is in post 41 and it wouldn't work but the password is not a million miles away from the series title unless he's changed it.
Can't see what's so secret about it.