Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3291558)   #26
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everything I hear about negotiations seem to suggest the race will get a contract renewal.The most interesting thing about this will be how much of a loss V8SA are prepared to wear to keep the event going.The past 2 years have seen them take a multi million dollar hit.In the 2 years before that the former government was willing to make up their losses but that will not happen again.V8SA management can't be too optimistic about the events future.This year they have halved the size of many of the grandstands.There was no concert last year and there will not be one this year.I have been to every day of each Homebush event and regardless of what numbers V8SA put out I would guarantee that crowds are down by at least 40% since year 1 and corporate hospitality areas are more than halved.
As a tax payer I cannot see any return from this event.As a motor racing fan I enjoy it although only because I am prepared to pay $315 for a covered grandstand seat.Homebush has the worst GA viewing of any street circuit in Australia(although I never made it to Canberra) and the uncovered seats are likely to resemble sitting in an oven at that time of year.Last year it had the "smell of death" around it and I am amazed that either V8SA or the government are keen on the race continuing given the shrinking crowds and increasing losses.
However if Surfers got an extension against the express wishes of the local businesses the race is supposed to benefit then anything is possible.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 03:54 (Ref:3291560)   #27
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps they should get the ARDC to build a business case for it, detailing specifically how they will deliver on a spectator experience that draws more than 3 men and a dog to the race meeting.

They havent been successful at doing this so far, although this doesnt mean that they cant. Maybe they just dont want to.
Come along to Muscle Car Masters on 1 September you will see what the organisation can do.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 05:57 (Ref:3291576)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Bright Wants Twilight Meeting @ Homebush

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:14 (Ref:3291582)   #29
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
There was no concert last year and there will not be one this year
There was a concert last year, I was at it. It wasn't in ANZ Stadium though like the previous years, they had changed it to having it in the park next to the stadium (behind the merchandise alley), with Diesel and Jimmy Barnes playing.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3291584)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Come along to Muscle Car Masters on 1 September you will see what the organisation can do.
Amazing what you can achieve with a willing and proactive event partner isn't it.

How many times has Jimmy Barnes performed at the Homebush race???? Do you remember when V8SA were pitching the event to Government, old TC was quite vocal about bringing in world class acts such as Coldplay.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3291607)   #31
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I hope the contract is extended for 10 more years with more options after that.
I hope it goes for another 100 yrs after that haha
Old 19 Aug 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3291639)   #32
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Running under there own headlights ?

After 5 laps half the field will be black flagged for having none.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3291647)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps Coates Hire will chip in some lighting towers.