Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 May 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1304335)   #26
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well 911 do you like sauce with that because there is one in that list that has a good chance of being a number two at some of the rounds. The point you make about fords is true but formula holden is a joke over there and has been for more than 5 years. Only a couple of years a go a NZ formula ford champion drove at bathurst and was quicker than the lead driver. On the Cameron Mclean issue the car he drove had not been in the top 20 all year but he got it a lot higher and would have done better with out an accident. So being a "kiwi" car who would you put in it
Old 19 May 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1304345)   #27
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a 'kiwi' car who would I put in it?
Johnny Mac or Kayne Scott.
Both have driven in the enduro's before, and both have experience at driving 600+HP cars, and both are our fastest two resident drivers in touring cars.
BTW, thank's for not turning this into a personal s**t fight.
If it were your team flyingduck, who would you put in it???
Old 19 May 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1304347)   #28
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Also, 911 doesn't have hair.
So it's a safe bet.
Old 19 May 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1304348)   #29
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
No need for sauce
Old 19 May 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1304363)   #30
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the team I would like to see would be the rat and Andy Booth with the rat not being available I would have to say that Jonny Mac has the ability but burnt his bridges with the team the same goes for Mr Booth both who I think have the talent to be quick. Wade or Jonny Reid would also do well in the driving stakes but at this point in their career will not make the move to tin tops. That would leave kayne scott orb wade henshaw after the brain explosion to lose the championship I would be hard pressed to pick Henshaw and that leaves scooter. In saying that I don't think scooter had a great year as he struggled to make many moves in the reverse grid races and was a little cautious which maybe good in just bringing the car home.
So for a kiwi team Haliday and scooter would be the best two.
If they were going to have Mr Gurr in the team I would like to see him with Haliday as both are fast and Gurr would bring good sponsorship to the team with Konica minolta and being the second car it would help build experience for future events. I just think falkener is a waste as he would not add anything to the future.
I would love to see a team of NZ drivers in one of the feeder classes ie Formula ford to build up the knowledge of the tracks and show there weirs against the top young aussie because having seen some of the racing I think that a well run NZ team could win the championship.
Old 19 May 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1304410)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck
Well Winterbottom Whincup and Adam Macrow came straight from formula ford into it 911 and I would say they did well. So why could toyota drivers not step up
Mr Whincup came straight from Formula Ford into Supercar, and Mr Rogers still has a workshop full of the broken bits from every track in Australia. The maturity is there this season, but wasnt 2 seasons ago....

Mr Macrow has taken plenty of years since his Formula Ford adventures to get to the 888 door....

Mr Winterbottom came 2nd in the FF title in 2002, won the Konica V8 series in 2003, debuted at Bathurst in 2003... ran inside the top 10 at his first attempt, till the engine expired... and since that day, hasnt really had the car under him to do the job.

So Formula Ford to Supercar is not as simple as you might think... but at least you learn the circuits... which Formula Toyota NZ would not help with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
I don't believe I have confirmed or denied the driver combos Has anyone seen a press release? No? Thats because there hasn't been one.
Hmmm... they say that silence is golden
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 May 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1304450)   #32
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WOAH......back up the Horse here you lot........ TKR's Driver in ANOTHER teams car.? Two 'strangers' in the TKR car.? In a POINTS Round,? When TKR are 6th in the Championship.? and when TKR are firing on all eight Cylinders,? When the TKR Sponsors are probably thinking what a goood investement they are making this year,? and the fanatical fans are BUZZING with the results and the 'promise' that has occured this year,? and here you are, discussing this whole affair matter-of-factly,? as if it were NORMAL to almost certainly sacrifice your Teams car and chances at more valuable Points than you are likely to get with two as yet un-named Drivers in the Black Diamond........... Am I missing something here.?? TKR are MY team and I will be really ****ed off if Mr radical steps into some OTHER teams car instead of burning rubber in 'OUR' jalopy. If this is the pay-off for using the Morris facility, then it's WRONG. You cant go donating your Teams and your Drivers Points in a championship like this to some other team. and if there is much more to the Liason between TKR and Paul Morris, then I want to know about it 'cos I am one of them TKR men and my hard earned, easilly parted from dosh goes towards helping MY team... Thats TKR, not Paul Morris.!! AND. If I was Martin Collins and the rest of the Boys that have brought us to where we stand today (thats 6th.!) and I have to 'service' two strangers in 'my' car for the Enduros, Boy I would be more ****ed off than that Baz characture that is blowin' his stack is at the moment. Paul Radical is the TKR driver and should be safe in his TKR seat. Who he pairs with is not my decision but WHAT he drives should not be in question..... man, I havnt been this hot since the last time. Just dont get me started.
Old 19 May 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1304482)   #33
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But they are driver points, not team points????

TKR still get radisich's points for the enduros, just that he would be in the 67 car.

Eg. If SBR hired Mark Skaife just for the enduros, and then he went back to his normal car, he would still keep the points he gained while at SBR.
Old 19 May 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1304486)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by resisturban
But they are driver points, not team points????

TKR still get radisich's points for the enduros, just that he would be in the 67 car.

Eg. If SBR hired Mark Skaife just for the enduros, and then he went back to his normal car, he would still keep the points he gained while at SBR.
A top 3 finish at Bathurst, as is likely, will earn Mr Radisich a bucketload of points
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 May 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1304487)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps we will see one Mr. S. Dixon of Manurewa look to drive for TKR in the enduros.
Old 19 May 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1304493)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wrong brand unfortunately JDI....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 May 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1304950)   #37
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Thanks men, Didnt know that about the Points... I will try to concentrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
Old 19 May 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1304955)   #38
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Which begs the NEXT point, how reliable is the Morris car and Driver, matched against the exceptional finishing record of the TKR Empire. How many DNF's has the #67 car suffered.? The ONLY good thing that could come from this liason is that Paul M. is an experienced Superdoopercar Driver where-as pairing Mr Radical with someone from outside the series might put Pauls (TKR's) chances of Bringing the car home at risk.

I suppose then that this is whats behind the plan. Still, I would rather see the TKR Limo up the front with our Driver, than see the Siromet Wines car in that position and our car floating around mid-field or worse. (Its a matter of Pride and perception) Of course, that is assuming that the TKR car with two 'strangers' sharing the driving, do not get in front of the #67 .and show us all up.!! lol.
Old 19 May 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1304969)   #39
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just this morning released. GTR Sauce with that hat?

20th May 2005

TEAM KIWI RACING AND DIXON AT BATHURST 2005

Team Kiwi Racing will be keeping an extra close eye on the progress of fellow Kiwi Scott Dixon at next weekends 89th Indy 500 race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Dixon who has past commented on a number of occasions that he would be keen to drive a V8 Supercar at the daunting Bathurst Mount Panorama circuit may just get his chance to do so this year with the All Black team from his native New Zealand.

Team Kiwi Racing Boss David John confirmed he has had a a number of discussion with Scott's manager Stefan Johansson about Dixon joining TKR for this years V8 Supercar endurance races at Sandown and Bathurst later this year.

"Stephan has confirmed Scott is keen on doing the endurance races but Scott needs to focus on the Indy 500 race next weekend before further discussion involving Chip Ganassi who owns the Target Chip Ganassi Racing team Scott is contracted to in America can be held"

Dixon who won the American IRL Championship in 2003 has had an up and down season this year while Team Kiwi Racing have proven that the All Black machine is a very competitive race package which currently sits 6th equal in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship.

If Dixon does drive with TKR this year he will be assured of a front running car that will have the additional benefit of further car and engine development before the big race at Bathurst in October this year.
Old 20 May 2005, 02:52 (Ref:1305043)   #40
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well now that would be interesting!

And what would be wrong with a split TKR/Sirromet livery of some sort? Both cars are black to start off with anyway...
Old 20 May 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1305219)   #41
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
evo mike where did u get that press release from i cant find it anywhere
Old 20 May 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1305231)   #42
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably www.teamkiwiracing.co.nz given the fact that he is a sponsor.
Old 20 May 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1305235)   #43
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nah it aint there i have looked everywhere and still cant find it
Old 20 May 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1305281)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
GTR Sauce with that hat?
From where I sit on weekdays, I am less than 50 metres from one of the biggest sauce manufacturing plants in the Southern Hemisphere...

So I have access to plenty of sauce. Not totally sure I need it at the minute however... its not October yet
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 May 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1309744)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From RaceNews: (Same release as Evomike put up)

TEAM KIWI RACING
25 May 05
TEAM KIWI RACING INVITE FELLOW KIWI SCOTT DIXON TO JOIN THEM AT BATHURST.

Team Kiwi Racing will be keeping a close eye on the progress of fellow Kiwi Scott Dixon at the 89th Indy 500 race which is to be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend.

Dixon, who has past commented on a number of occasions that he would be keen to drive a V8 Supercar at the daunting Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit may just get his chance to do so this year with the All Black team from his native New Zealand.

Team Kiwi Racing Boss David John confirmed he has had a number of discussion with Scott's manager Stefan Johansson about Dixon joining TKR for this years Bathurst endurance race in October.

"Stefan has confirmed Scott is keen on racing at Bathurst but we have gone no further than that, as Scott needs to focus on the Indy 500 race before further discussions can be finalised" said John.

Dixon won the American IRL Championship in 2003 but has had an up and down season this year, while Team Kiwi Racing have proven that the TKR All Black machine is a very competitive race package which currently sits 6th equal in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship.

If Dixon does drive with TKR this year at Bathurst he will be assured of a front running car that will have the additional benefit of further car and engine development before the great race at Bathurst, Mount Panorama on the 6th to the 9th of October 2005.

I am sure Mr Dixon is interested in the prospect, given there are no date clashes... (only a manufacturer clash really...) quite what the other driver in the enduro thread is going to do with his shiny new sparco race suit I am not sure
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 May 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1310153)   #46
Just Do It!
Veteran

How long is the garden path, GTR? It seems the other driver in the thread doesn't have a said suit. Someone has been talking "exhaust" to you, mate.

Last edited by Just Do It!; 25 May 2005 at 19:40. Reason: Can't spell for "exhaust" at this hour of the day
Old 26 May 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1310529)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I like the garden path.. I see lots of lovely flowers and trees and vines and green grass.... the yellow brick road that forms our garden path is paved with gold you know....

Meantime, back in semi-sanity... please re-read the TKR release... the discussions with Mr Dixon are Bathurst-only.... so I may be more accurate than you may think...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 May 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1311069)   #48
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As accurate as your source is don't you mean.
Old 26 May 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1311104)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tomato, BBQ or Sweet Chilli?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 May 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1311399)   #50
Just Do It!
Veteran

It must be a bit of each, GTR. Surely, even the blind can realise it, GTR, that someone has sold you a lemon on John Faulkner.

PMM are all good people. Surely, you need to realise you aren't always fed the complete truth. The fact remains that Scott Dixon and his management have been talking to TKR. Its been press released. Dont alway believe the facts from the media and your race team contacts.