Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1727694)   #26
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevisio
He's young and at least he voices his opinion unlike many F1 drivers/corporate robots............
Some opinion's you just have to keep to yourself! He should know better than to bite the hand that feeds him.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1727766)   #27
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If everyone knew when to keep their mouth shut life would be very boring
Old 4 Oct 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1727818)   #28
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe Alonso's really showing off the prize-prat inside himself. Loving every minute of it! Can't wait to see him in a McLaren braking down at regular intervals next year
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1727908)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
concerning his recent behaviour, i wonder of any of it can be attributed to his lack of opportunities since Canada to showcase his brilliant dance moves.

really, we all should have seen this coming. i blame myself
Old 5 Oct 2006, 02:51 (Ref:1728296)   #30
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
another site has joined the band wagon

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37585
Old 5 Oct 2006, 03:03 (Ref:1728301)   #31
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hate to think what he will be saying about his new team and car next year,if they are still stuggling in 07.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 04:10 (Ref:1728335)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I believe this to be a far more accurate assessment of the situation..

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=29559
Old 5 Oct 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1728458)   #33
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the photo is quite interesting..

Anyway, they make good points in that article. However it looks like indeed Alonso had something to say... Story and story
Old 5 Oct 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1728728)   #34
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is another one at f1live.com "alonso clears up his recent comments" where he is saying that he felt like the team had deserted him, plus another story where he wants michelin to provide a better tire "alonso urges michelin to improve tires"
Old 5 Oct 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1728920)   #35
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
However it looks like indeed Alonso had something to say... Story and story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso / Autosport.com
For sure, it is like you are in the Tour de France in the mountain, you have a puncture, and your team and your rival go uphill and don't stop. That was a little bit difficult to understand.
Errr... OK...
Old 5 Oct 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1728943)   #36
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
From todays press conference:

Q. (Philippe Joubin – L'Equipe) Fernando, did you feel that haven't got the full support from everyone in your team, in the battle for the titles?

FA: I think it's a difficult question. (???) I think the team does the maximum they can. They are giving me a fantastic car, winning last year's championship and fighting this year, and what the team does every race is unbelievable and thanks to that, we are equal in the Drivers' and ahead in the Constructors', so for sure the team is giving us a fantastic car for Giancarlo and me, but for sure, on some occasions, in a different view and a different approach, I felt a little bit alone.

[...]

Q. (Jon McEvoy – The Daily Mail) Fernando, you said you felt a little bit alone – in what way?

FA: Well, you know, I had two difficult moments this year, one in Indianapolis, where I was not competitive, and one in China, where for 10 laps I was completely off the pace and losing four seconds a lap and, you know, these two moments, maybe, in my opinion, in team play, maybe, I should have had more help.

Q. (Jon McEvoy – The Daily Mail) How could they have helped you?

FA: I don't know. I don't know. I fight with Fisichella in the last corner, Turn 14, once and he overtook me and I overtook him again because he went a little bit longer and these things, these risky moments … Three races to win the championship… your team mate is a little bit … (It's) not good enough, I think
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1728960)   #37
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"you have a puncture...and your rival go uphill and don't stop. That was a little bit difficult to understand."

Haha.. so he's angry that Michael didn't stop and stay behind to accompany him in China?

I think Alonso said what he did without giving proper thoughts to the situation. In China, Fisichella did try and stay behind Alonso for 2 laps. If Fisichella stay behind Alonso any longer, Michael Schumacher would have overtaken Fisichella, and has MS had shown, would have little trouble overtaking Alonso.

Fisichella did stay behind as is expected of him, to wait for the hope that Alonso's tyres scrub in and work... it didn't and Fisichella had no option but to overtake and try for the win to prevent MS from taking the lead in the WDC.

There's no doubt that Fisichella had been playing a supporting role last year and this, and Alonso should really show his appreciation rather than just jump on his teammate as being not good enough.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1728988)   #38
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He hasn't though. Massa has done a far superior job as a number 2 compared to Fisichella. Fisi's been useless in a few races this year IMO.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1728996)   #39
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
But not in those cases cited by Fred.. Definitelly not in China.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1728998)   #40
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Respect, Red!

Red, thank you for posting those extracts from the interview. It shows you are a fan of F1, and wish that we can all look at this situation in the right context.

As a Ferrari supporter there was the oppurtunity to jump on the "Alonso-is-an-idiot-bandwagon" as some others have here, and stick the boot in. However, you have shown respect for us, your fellow F1 fans, and yourself, and made the effort to provide decent info on this subject. I really appreciate this, as it makes ten-tenths a much better place.

So here's respect to you, Red.

Remember, guys, there's not much worse than an uninformed argument. So, now that we are better informed - have an informed one!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1729119)   #41
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can see where he is coming from..... ALonso had a 20 sec lead after the first pitstop and since he needed 8-10 laps to control the pace maybe Fisi couldve controlled the pace a bit more than he actually did....
Old 5 Oct 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1729121)   #42
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Alonso should really show his appreciation rather than just jump on his teammate as being not good enough.
atleast he's honest.....
Old 5 Oct 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1729144)   #43
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
I can see where he is coming from..... ALonso had a 20 sec lead after the first pitstop and since he needed 8-10 laps to control the pace maybe Fisi couldve controlled the pace a bit more than he actually did....
Yeah well... As he candidly reckoned, he was 4-5 seconds slower per lap. Fisi DID indeed try to control the pace (including the side by side on straights techniques), however he can't do miracles. Four seconds per lap is not 4 tenths of second per lap. Alonso's comments were indeed not necessary. Furthermore, he's openly asking for more team orders, however he should know all too well that they're... erm... "illegal".

PS: Thanks Splatz for kind words. By the way, except Stoddart Paul, I never said about someone involved in F1 that he's an idiot. And I hate paparazzi-like journalism (ITV-F1.com being a good example) with passion.

PPS: Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away once when we're talking about Maximillian Rufus Mosley (sir).. Ok, maybe more than once...
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1729159)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Well i suppose he could've taken Michael out at any time,that would certainly have "controlled the pace".
Old 5 Oct 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1729360)   #45
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The whingeing and moaning is never a good look.

If Renault is tossing up whether the Drivers' Championship is worth focusing much attention on, his rants over the last week may have just made the decision remarkably easier.
Old 6 Oct 2006, 01:19 (Ref:1729387)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Another look at the situation, much ado about nothing I think..

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=29585