Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 29 Nov 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3338360)   #551
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few pics from yesterday

Old 30 Nov 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3338386)   #552
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those wanting a break from the Auckland weather, currently 25deg and still climbing in Timaru.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3338394)   #553
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Qualifying

I doubt the track conditions have deteriorated since this morning so I'll assume they are much the same; if so, it appears that quite a few co-drivers are showing up their main driver team mates. I think in some pairings (not all), that's a genuine surprise.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3338395)   #554
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Anybody wanting to know the action as it happens i suggest you go to the V8ST website hit results, select live results.

Great qualifying run from Holdsworth this morning in the Chesters Commodore,
64.103 a tenth faster than last years best qualifying and in cold blustery conditions. So if the weather clears for this afternoons 2nd quaifying session we may yet see a 63 second run from the like of Murf, Mclaughlin, SVG, or possible Andre Heimgartner.

Mylaps link:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2938589
SVG takes pole for 2nd qualifying, but two tenths slower than the flying Holdsworth recorded in the first qualifying session for co-drivers.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2938599
Old 30 Nov 2013, 03:01 (Ref:3338431)   #555
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
For those wanting a break from the Auckland weather, currently 25deg and still climbing in Timaru.
4pm and 24 degrees in Auckland... I don't think we really need a break, but thanks for the offer! (It's also warmer than Sydney and Brisbane.)
Old 30 Nov 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3338450)   #556
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So with Leethal doing a 1.04.1 and setting a new record , how does that compare to what the supercars were doing? Did they get to 1.03.5 or thereabouts.

cold front hit the track at 4.30pm today so quietly chuffed with that.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3338480)   #557
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post

4pm and 24 degrees in Auckland... I don't think we really need a break, but thanks for the offer! (It's also warmer than Sydney and Brisbane.)
Looks like they are playing water polo rather than cricket at Eden Park tonight.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3338502)   #558
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like they are playing water polo rather than cricket at Eden Park tonight.
Speedway cancelled too!!! This is the Auckland we love.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3338783)   #559
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great first race today (watched on livestream). 1 or 2 more laps and i think that moffat would have had edgell.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3338786)   #560
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Its gunna come down to the wire for Ant and Murphy. .....go 96!!!?
Old 1 Dec 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3338814)   #561
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Congratulations to Greg Murphy....well done
gutted for Ant though who ultimately lost out due to the only safety car if the event. If only the Cunningham car did the decent thing and pulled the damaged car off at T1 rather than T2/T3 which blew car 96's lead of around 10 seconds. Heart breaking for IMS I am sure but thrilling racing all round and the cars surely can go the distance.
Well done to M3
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3338997)   #562
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
gutted for Ant though
Ant won it according to the guy (Dobbo?) fronting TV3's sports news....LoL...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3338999)   #563
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big congrats to Murph, looked like a good set of races from the ST boys, and no carnage to speak of which was good to see. Thought the refuelling added a nice variable to the racing, were teams not able to do fuel and driver at the same time?

Interesting to see no Hampton Downs on the calendar for next season, the track was originally labelled something like "The home of Supertourer racing", just 2 seasons in and it's goooooooone.

2014 season isn't far away, main think I wanna know is if we'll see the VF Commodore introduced?

Let the Silly Season commence!
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3339000)   #564
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Up until the last few days the weather has been spectacularly hot and dry for several weeks. Well done to the ball boy who got the ball out of the drainage channel...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3339002)   #565
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
It was beautiful weather yesterday and another hot one today too. It's been far more miserable in Canterbury in fact, my sister lives there so I know!

Anyway, went out on Sunday and had a great day, good racing in all classes although the Toyota 86's back markers were incompetent to say the least - the GJ Gardener entry (I kept saying "she" for some reason, how bad is that) got lapped TWICE in a 15 lap race, and didn't just get off the racing line but climbed the kerbs onto the grass and actually stopped to let the pack go by.

Makes you wonder why they bothered really, you can go out and do a track day for a lot less than the $80k it costs to buy one of those things!
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3339005)   #566
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
ST's with the enduro format and refuelling etc were pretty much indistinguishable from the V8SC's, the big screen helped a LOT too. I think they were disappointed in the crowd numbers but they were much better than in May, my guess would be somewhere between 5 and 10k in the afternoon. Grid walk was packed!

My main gripe would be the food outlets, unlike last year, left a LOT to be desired.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3339048)   #567
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno why this has not been mentioned, but from what I saw the refuelling was a joke.
Pitstop times appeared to vary by about 8 seconds depending on how fast the jugs emptied (some appeared to flow much faster than others) and how much fuel was left in the jug. The commentators kept saying the variation was the time taken to raise the car, but that wont account for a margin that large.
Plenty of stalled cars on take off just made it look worse.
I know this was the first go at it, but it has to be more professional next season.
Maybe a tank size or a race length that made it essential that you got every drop of race fuel out of that jug is needed to ensure the cars have enough to get to the end.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3339049)   #568
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The crowd looked about the same as TITP.
Not worth the food outlets going there if they are going to lose money or break even.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3339059)   #569
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
The crowd looked about the same as TITP.
Not worth the food outlets going there if they are going to lose money or break even.
Hmmm, agreed but what was there was back to the old style hot dogs and over priced chips. A pizza place would have done well I think! Mind you the food at Eden Park is just as bad and even more expensive...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3339066)   #570
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
A few pics from yesterday

This has got to be one of the coolest photos I have ever seen!!! Well done!!
Old 2 Dec 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3339086)   #571
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
This has got to be one of the coolest photos I have ever seen!!! Well done!!
I guess he will be looking for a new Backer for Next season to put on the side of that car
Old 2 Dec 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3339089)   #572
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
I guess he will be looking for a new Backer for Next season to put on the side of that car
I'm gonna miss that livery!
Old 2 Dec 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3339092)   #573
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Yeah me too, I have always liked Eddie Bells car, especially when they had the blue tinted rear lights which they are no longer allowed. But Simon Evans is....?

Anyway, I thought this weekend really showed the public and race fans alike that the ST series is really up there. The fuel stops were very cool and the racing of the highest standard. There will still be haters no doubt, but who really cares about that. It is what it is, and that is a very cost effective alternative to V8SC. The series can now boast that they are only half a second off the pace of a Supercar now at Puke.

If the series goes for a softer tyre 'option' (which I think they should) then these cars will be on par with their much more costly cousins in Aus.

Well done to ST's for delivering what they have in only 2 years. I feel that next year there is going to be some big names hopping over for fang in these machines.

Great stuff
Old 2 Dec 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3339121)   #574
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hmmm, agreed but what was there was back to the old style hot dogs and over priced chips. A pizza place would have done well I think! Mind you the food at Eden Park is just as bad and even more expensive...
Sadly, we seem to be ripped off at just about any and every entertainment venue, whether mobile or permanent.

I thought we were heading in the right direction at Hampton Downs with some great well priced sandwiches and even a Murphs pie, but I fear that things have slipped back to chips there too.

I am certainly not paying anyone, anywhere $4/$4.50 for a can of soft drink nor $5 for a not very large coffee. Why should we pay top restaurant prices at a mobile venue? Are they being charged too much to be there?

After a decent large coffee and an early breakfast en route, I now don't bother eating or drinking at the track if it is overpriced or lack lustre.

Used to love the full breakfast in the Silverstone paddock cafe on a cold autumn morning!
Old 2 Dec 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3339122)   #575
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Are they being charged too much to be there?
I'd be very surprised if they are being charged, it's more likely they are charging the organisers to be there.

Last edited by isoskim; 2 Dec 2013 at 05:53. Reason: correct quote