Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2952262)   #51
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuff View Post
I was about to go hunting for that very map! Thanks Saved me a lot of trouble (being the technophobe I am)
Most (all?) of them can be found via the BMMC website. If you click on the link for a region, then click on "circuits", and finally an individual circuit, you should find a link to the map on the circuit's page
Old 7 Sep 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2952311)   #52
SuperDuff
Racer

United Kingdom
Devon
SuperDuff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool! Thanks! I hadn't realised that either
Old 8 Sep 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2952905)   #53
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi does anyone know the sign on times might put up to do one day thanks
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2952909)   #54
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Email from Penny said 7:15 to 8.

Someone will correct me if im wrong!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2952914)   #55
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extract from the email says:

"The meeting will run from the New wing building however sign on will be in the paddock bar (north end of the circuit), at the times below – if you are not attending all 3 days please take note of the time/s that applies to you.

Friday – between 7.45 and 8.30 on post 9.00am

Saturday - between 7.15 and 8.00am on post 8.30am

Sunday - between 7.15 and 8.00am on post 8.30am

The paddock diner will be open from 7am. Food vouchers will be provided at sign on and all marshals are invited to a drink in the bar after racing finishes on Saturday (voucher to be given out at sign on)

Free bottles of water will be available at sign on please pick up a bottle, but do not take it with you to the till in the paddock cafe as you may be charged for it. All marshals are entitled to a 10% discount on food in the paddock diner – to get you discount please show either the Silverstone Marshals pass or MSA card, the discount will not be automatic even if you are in overalls you must show the marshals cards."
Old 9 Sep 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2953272)   #56
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks paul might see u saturday if i get up in time from airport
Old 9 Sep 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2953286)   #57
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, not a bad day out at Vale today.

Numbers were typically low as it was Friday, and our trainee either got lost or fancied the biccies more at another post

It was a surprise to me to find the dreaded speed mob providing more numbers and entertainment than the F3 few.

Some good inter-post team working - after a long push down the pit entry, it's great to see the cavalry coming out of pit lane to take over. Cheers guys! Also good to be beaten to the car by your PC bringing a bottle toward you

Flag cover was very reassuring, but when the drivers have got to make their way past Woolley, Maggie & then Bob, they are jolly well going to be made to see that cloth
Old 9 Sep 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2953302)   #58
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
It was a surprise to me to find the dreaded speed mob providing more numbers and entertainment than the F3 few.
I thought the Euro F3 series was pretty big, supporting DTM mostly? Either it's gone downhill rapidly or it's a different series. How many cars are there?
Old 9 Sep 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2953336)   #59
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Numbers were typically low as it was Friday .... Some good inter-post team working - after a long push down the pit entry, it's great to see the cavalry coming out of pit lane to take over. Cheers guys!
Never seen so many people in the pitlane We'll be overmanned if more turn up Sat/Sun

PS. You're welcome
Old 9 Sep 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2953340)   #60
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 F3 Euros, twice that speed, twice again CER and the main attraction
Old 9 Sep 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2953342)   #61
kayels
Rookie

England
Bicester
kayels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all

I'm supposed to be in the pits tomorrow but I've had some bad news about a family member this evening & need to get up to York to say my last goodbyes

Who should I contact to let them know I can't make it? Normally I would have emailed Penny but I guess its a bit too short notice to do that. Does she have a mobile I can text? Or is there someone else that I should contact?

Sorry for daft questions but I get sign on details emailed to work & I've made a note of sign on time rather than printing the email off. I'll put the details in my phone book in future!
Old 10 Sep 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2953533)   #62
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You have a PM Kayels.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2953766)   #63
H350
Rookie

H350 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day in the pit lane yesterday, met some great marshalls and thanks to all the guys making me feel really welcome in the bar afterward. Really need to line up to do both days next year!
Old 12 Sep 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2954424)   #64
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Flag cover was very reassuring, but when the drivers have got to make their way past Woolley, Maggie & then Bob, they are jolly well going to be made to see that cloth
Why thank you, although FIA rules dictated we could do nothing to help you on that incident beyond willing you on from afar. You did an excellent job of clearing it especially when another inconsiderately decided to pit before it was gone.

A mixed week-end. CER and LMS were brilliant each in their own ways, the rest a waste of petrol and time. It really is about time this meeting put on a decent support package because it's never been any good. The meeting will still be my first tick next year but I can't help thinking there's a plot not quite found over the event.

A very enjoyable day with the flag on Friday at Stowe out, Sat & Sun not so good at post 3 (Farm) which really doesn't seem to be in the right place, if needed at all for flagging purposes. No complaints, you understand, part of the process of setting up the new infrastructure and mentioned at the time to the relevant people. It also took an awful lot of finding with most of us having visited several nearby sections of track on Saturday! More than made up with excellent company and another trainee successfully completing his flag assessment.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2954437)   #65
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
Many thanks for the cover on Friday Woolley, as we dealt with the stalled Speed(sic) car and again when I went out to retrieve the wheel another one lost.

Speed has been poor for a number of years and I agree entirely about the F3 as well. Sparsity of grids for low- to mid-ranking single seater series means they get completely swallowed on the full GP circuit. Perhaps time for the Euro and Brit versions of F3 to seriously talk merger?
Old 12 Sep 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2954450)   #66
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Perhaps time for the Euro and Brit versions of F3 to seriously talk merger?
Perhaps time to bring down the stupidly high entry and running costs to attract more entries...............?
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2954510)   #67
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Vale In was certainly action packed on Saturday!!!
Had a brilliant day there and think I've found my new favourite post. Just couldn't get over the speed the cars were coming by on the pit lane entry.
And as for the #23 crash? Well.....
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2954514)   #68
MotorBreath
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
MotorBreath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very enjoyable Sat/Sun at Village. Had to deal with an FLM & a GTE Aston beached on the same "Humpback" kerb round the loop, neither of which could be shifted by 5 of us, and a broken down classic under the bridge down Wellington straight. Simon & myself had to run 1/4 of a mile to help push the car safe...Puffed out would be an understatement!
A big thanks to all the boys & girls @ Village, and a big thanks to Simon for lending me some ear defenders as i would have ended up totally deaf 1 hour into the 6 hr race
Old 12 Sep 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2954523)   #69
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see so many people over the weekend and have lots of chats with you.

I was feeling quite bad on Thursday but so glad we stayed for the club evening. McNish was really entertaining! He was also on the Today programme this morning (recorded interview). When was the last time that Le Mans cars featured on the BBC?

Hope to see you all at the 24Hrs.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2954533)   #70
Roger Lovelock
Racer

England
Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
Roger Lovelock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks to all on Vale on Saturday & Sunday for your efforts especially when dealing with the #23 crash and fire that followed on Saturday, also to the Posts around us that came and backed us up with this incident, great team work between Posts.
The speed that the cars entered the new Pit Lane was impressive and when cars came in that I had not spotted I jumped.
Thanks to those on Brooklands on Friday for a good day.
A great weekend.

Last edited by Roger Lovelock; 12 Sep 2011 at 16:39. Reason: Change of wording
Old 12 Sep 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2954606)   #71
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a brilliant time saturday on Vale Out - the number 23 incident being the biggest incident ive seen so far.

Really wish I'd done sunday as well now but hey ho.

Looking forward to the 24 now.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2954628)   #72
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent long weekend at Beckets Exit, watching and listening to everyone else's incidents. Thanks to my flaggers, IO and incident crew, who between them meant all I had to do was keep banging my chin on the armco every time I tried to use the phone Nice work guys.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2954658)   #73
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
A very enjoyable day with the flag on Friday at Stowe out, Sat & Sun not so good at post 3 (Farm) which really doesn't seem to be in the right place, if needed at all for flagging purposes. No complaints, you understand, part of the process of setting up the new infrastructure and mentioned at the time to the relevant people. It also took an awful lot of finding with most of us having visited several nearby sections of track on Saturday! More than made up with excellent company and another trainee successfully completing his flag assessment.
Didn't know that was you at Farm Sat & Sun! Good to put a face to a tenths name. Farm is a great spot for incident, the cars coming flat out towards us was quite a sight. I did wonder at the effectiveness of the flag post there-sure the drivers can't really see it & it must be a nightmare to blue flag from, with no way of judging the speed difference. Plus it blocked our view unless we stepped out from the barriers. Luckily a huge run off so we would have had time to react if something came in. As it was, we had nothing all weekend. Great race though-watching McNish pass the Peugot up against the pit wall was spectacular! The meeting did lack decent support races though (apart from CER). Why not combine it with Britcar or Brit Gt?
Old 12 Sep 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2954659)   #74
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate93 View Post
Had a brilliant time saturday on Vale Out - the number 23 incident being the biggest incident ive seen so far.

Really wish I'd done sunday as well now but hey ho.

Looking forward to the 24 now.
glad you enjoyed (I did Vale on Friday & Stowe for Sat & Sun)

search back through here for the discussions of last years' britcar 24hr - Vale was just a little bit busy
Old 12 Sep 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2954664)   #75
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great weekend. Was at Luffield in on Sat/Sun. Looking forward to the BritCar 24 now.