Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Feb 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3023805)   #51
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward has been discussing the subject and thinks that a buy into Sauber or Williams would make a lot more sence. Think of all their infrastructure, wind tunnels fully operational F1 team where as HRT is just a name with very little real assets as everything is subcontracted.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 9 Feb 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3023853)   #52
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Does the 2011 car also need to pass the 2012 crash tests (new regulation) in order to take part in testing?

The nose is probably legal. The exhausts are also probably not a lot of work to get legal.
Don't know. But I highly doubt the cars that arrive in Melbourne will be genuine F112's. They will say they are F112 and they "are just finishing the assembly of the new cars in pit lane" ala 2011. To keep up appearances. But I'll bet my bottom dollar they will be F111's with re-vamped exhausts and new nose assemblies being fitted!
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3023869)   #53
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Don't know. But I highly doubt the cars that arrive in Melbourne will be genuine F112's. They will say they are F112 and they "are just finishing the assembly of the new cars in pit lane" ala 2011. To keep up appearances. But I'll bet my bottom dollar they will be F111's with re-vamped exhausts and new nose assemblies being fitted!
bit of flexible heating duct from the old exhausts to the new positions?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3023891)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Their new car just failed another crash test today (chassis passed, other parts didn't), so some, if not all of it must be new. And their old car cannot take part in this seasons testing if it hasn't passed the 2012 crash tests, which clearly it had, otherwise it couldn't have tested this week.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97464
Old 11 Feb 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3024361)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It failed the roll hoop and front crash tests. But I think it was said one caused the other. Since one test came before the other test, it failed to do one of the tests which it MAY have passed. Maybe they're pushing the envelope, but the constructor of the carbon chassis isn't in question as they made the McLaren MP4 12C road car, so their quality isn't an issue.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 01:21 (Ref:3024377)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
....but the constructor of the carbon chassis isn't in question as they made the McLaren MP4 12C road car, so their quality isn't an issue.
It's still cheaper than a Ferrari.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3026764)   #57
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HRT to skip 1st Barcelona test.
No shock at this news but anyone taking bets on HRT's new car not running until Australia at the earliest.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97547
Old 17 Feb 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3026943)   #58
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
HRT to skip 1st Barcelona test.
No shock at this news but anyone taking bets on HRT's new car not running until Australia at the earliest.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97547
+1
Yeah, totally didn't see this coming...
(see that? sarcasm)
Old 18 Feb 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3027438)   #59
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe it has been reported, today, of another crash-test failure.
Things are definitely not looking too hot. For any testing....
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3030961)   #60
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
HRT finally passes all crash tests so can we expect to see a 2012 car on track soon????

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97693
Old 25 Feb 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3031016)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It would be nice to see them be able to figure some things out before they get to Melbourne. I'm fairly confident that they'll get a couple of test days in, even if it's sometime after the official testing is over.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3031520)   #62
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I respect the fact that they are giving it a go...
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3032844)   #63
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is the new HRT motorhome:

so I think they got their priorities wrong
Old 29 Feb 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3032904)   #64
csirl
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always been amazed by the way this board gives HRT a hard time in comparison with Marussia/Virgin/Manor in spite of the fact that HRT has beated M/V/M in the last 2 seasons and has a 2012 chassis. M/V/M hasnt even got close to a test track this year and wont. If there is a team at risk of not been ready for Melbourne, its M/V/M not HRT.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3032992)   #65
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Dont worry M/V/M are getting a hard time over on the testing thread as well. I think teething troubles can be expected in the first season or two, but now it is time for the 3 new teams to get their act together and at least 2 of them seemingly are not.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3033022)   #66
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think HRT are getting their act together though, certainly compared to the last two seasons.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3033023)   #67
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
this is the new HRT motorhome:

<insert gin palace>

so I think they got their priorities wrong
that's the old marussia virgin one, so like other posters suggest, it looks like marussia have got theirs on the squiff too
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3033025)   #68
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
How exactly are they getting their act together?
Still no car released as far as I am aware. They are still yet to be confirmed at the final pre-season test, and look likely to turn up at the 1st race with an untested car yet again. I want them to do well, I really do... but it looks like another season of Q1 exits is inevitible and Marussia will surely be the only team that they will be anywhere near.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3033062)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Perhaps this seasons 2012 HRT car is also last seasons Marussia car?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3033109)   #70
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
HRT needs to actually have a year in which they are prepared for the season ahead. A wing and a prayer every single year isn't a goer even for the most resilient.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3033141)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
HRT needs to actually have a year in which they are prepared for the season ahead. A wing and a prayer every single year isn't a goer even for the most resilient.
Indeed. But the carrot of achieving just 10th place in the constructors championship is not something to let go of lightly.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3034282)   #72
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Dont worry M/V/M are getting a hard time over on the testing thread as well. I think teething troubles can be expected in the first season or two, but now it is time for the 3 new teams to get their act together and at least 2 of them seemingly are not.
I get the impression these teams are just trying to milk F1 for every last penny they can get while holding grid slots that anyone wishing to enter F1 will have to buy!

American property developers call properties which they are holding speculatively to develop later and renting out to cover the various taxes in the meantime taxpayers.

So maybe that is the term we should apply to these 3 teams - TAXPAYERS.

Pre-qualifying needs to be reintroduced, and if the established players are not good enough to keep new entrants out of the field they can try again next race or go away and waste some other categories time!

This is theoretically a World Championship and not club racing!

Last edited by wnut; 3 Mar 2012 at 00:46.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 01:47 (Ref:3034299)   #73
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Pre-qualifying needs to be reintroduced, and if the established players are not good enough to keep new entrants out of the field they can try again next race or go away and waste some other categories time!

This is theoretically a World Championship and not club racing!
If they get into the race under the 107% rules, what's the problem?

Pre-qualifying was a means of not allowing up to 39 cars to start the race.

And it wasn't always fair.

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00016.html

Ironically, it was thought to provide the only means of excitement in oh so predictable racing.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3034351)   #74
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
If they get into the race under the 107% rules, what's the problem?

Pre-qualifying was a means of not allowing up to 39 cars to start the race.

And it wasn't always fair.

Ironically, it was thought to provide the only means of excitement in oh so predictable racing.
Well actually if some of those cars required to prequalify managed to score points (in the days of only the top 6 scoring points!) it can't have been that predictable. Maybe McLaren-Honda and Ferrari were at the front but further back everything was up for grabs and incredibly unpredictable.
And that is not the case today. No one qualifying in the bottom 6 has a hope of a top six position....
Old 3 Mar 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3034416)   #75
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I can recall when there were so many entries there was pre-pre-qualifying.

Bernie started the closed-shop in order to raise standards so that he could peddle the concept of F1 as a glamorous international extravaganza.The old days of back-markers turning up with a car on a trailer behind a Transit was complete anathema to him.

Unfortunately the teams at the back today just don't have the budgets required to hack it. They joined in on a mis-apprehension, and have'nt recovered since.

Bring back the days of the Connew , I say!