Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1940151)   #1026
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

I haven't read all 69 pages of this thread but does anyone here knows where I could find the best lap time of each driver involved on a free web site (i.e. not necessarily the best lapt time of the team for which he/she is running)? Thks
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1940209)   #1027
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm guessing this has already been covered but what happened to the Kristensen/Mcnish and Capello car? Last I heard (on radiolemans) is that is was leading but did it have a crash, mechanical problem etc?

Also I'm glad a pescarolo got a podium especially against 5 diesels!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1940213)   #1028
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
40 laps after a screwed up pitstop, where the car was lowered before the left rear wheel was fixed and ad to be jacked up again before fixing the wheel, the car lost that same wheel going up to Hunaudieres. Audi claims that the loss of the wheel has nothing to do with the pitstop, but will investigate.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1940215)   #1029
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I'll say it in this thread also, but if anyone recorded the race on DVD off Motors TV and would be willing to make a copy for me, could you let me know?

Thanks.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1940216)   #1030
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
I'm guessing this has already been covered but what happened to the Kristensen/Mcnish and Capello car? Last I heard (on radiolemans) is that is was leading but did it have a crash, mechanical problem etc?

Also I'm glad a pescarolo got a podium especially against 5 diesels!
it went off at indy at a pretty good clip, lost the right rear wheel nut, still no explanation as to the cause though. it ran for 54 min before the car went off so who knows, maybe Audi will say within the nest couple days.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1940218)   #1031
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear! It's not like Audi to have problems!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1940244)   #1032
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
was the left rear it lost...

and it was a fast crash too....
Old 18 Jun 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1940753)   #1033
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have seen such an interesting edition for a while.
Audi won again after a long and very serious preparation (30 hours !)
The Peugeot team did a very nice et clever race, without forcing the machine, they put pressure on Audi.
Great race again for Pescarolo. Honestly, I didn't imagine that they could reach the third place.
The battle Aston vs Corvette was splendid. And bravo to Binnie Motorsports and IMSA Performance.
I only regret the numerous safety cars periods. But the race direction knew the track situation far more than we did.

Yes, we had a fine cast on the track. I understand why so many people went to Le Mans this year... including the moderators !
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1940817)   #1034
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got back home at 11:00 last night.

Got very wet in last couple of hours and haven't entirely dried out yet.

Views? Well, the Peugeot's a great looking car in a very drab paint scheme.

Even in the wet yesterday, I had visions of 5 or 6 different marques of cars looking like the Pug heading down to towards Tetre Rouge - Roll on 2010, I say! (Especially if DR's hint of an Aston come to fruition - That'll be like Jag in Group C days all over again!)

The safety car in the last hour was a shame - Sportscar racing must be able to continue come rain or shine, but maybe the track really was TOO dangerous, I'm not in a position to judge, but I'd hate to think a bit of rain will prompt the safety car all the time in future...

Audi? Well done on winning, but they cracked twice under the slightest pressure from Peugeot - Seemed to reinforce my impression that they've achieved their almost unequalled record of success simply by being around with no top level competition (and their cars are still ugleeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Aston - Well done - Winners at last, against a Vette team that must've thought that they had the upper hand with Aston not racing elsewhere.

Shorty? Class, mate, class and great to see Henri's team up there on the podium, too, richly deserved.

Best Le Mans in many a year in my view.

Roll on 2008 and I've not looked forward to the next one so much in years.

Cheers.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1940818)   #1035
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I'll say it in this thread also, but if anyone recorded the race on DVD off Motors TV and would be willing to make a copy for me, could you let me know?

Thanks.
If anyone's interested, I see that Motors are showing 4 hours of highlights starting at 9:30 PM on Tuesday evening.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1940834)   #1036
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjent
I heard that on this side of the Pond a couple of weeks ago. Looking at '09.
Congrats to all, especially, of course, Class winners. It may be anti-American, but I'm an AM fan.
This is possible, but don't forget he's going F1- and the rumour mill is churning an Aston F1 team. Not really the right image in my opinion, but each to their own.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1940840)   #1037
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trap Speeds anyone?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1940854)   #1038
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was around the north-west areas of the track at all the times it rained and to be honest I don't think it was that wet. I've watched races that have been more wet.
Admittedly they are dedicated race track areas so would be expected to have drainage but all the same I was still very disappointed that they were so reluctant to race, especially after listening to hours of that bloke on RLM banging on about how more pure sportscars are than F1.
I've got a photo of the Porsche Curves taken about 1 minute after the final safety car was deployed and it shows no standing water.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1940891)   #1039
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I was around the north-west areas of the track at all the times it rained and to be honest I don't think it was that wet. I've watched races that have been more wet.
Admittedly they are dedicated race track areas so would be expected to have drainage but all the same I was still very disappointed that they were so reluctant to race, especially after listening to hours of that bloke on RLM banging on about how more pure sportscars are than F1.
I've got a photo of the Porsche Curves taken about 1 minute after the final safety car was deployed and it shows no standing water.
that was during the times when Barbosa was asking his pitcrew to sing for him because he got wet and cold...and could hardly see a thing...
Old 18 Jun 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1940950)   #1040
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
Photos

A few race images (sadly from outside the netting) on my fotopics site.

http://sportscar-racing.fotopic.net/

(Once it's approved by fotopic...)

Cheers.

Mark

Last edited by marcosgt; 18 Jun 2007 at 18:29.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1941098)   #1041
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
This is possible, but don't forget he's going F1- and the rumour mill is churning an Aston F1 team. Not really the right image in my opinion, but each to their own.
first iv head about aston and f1.... i hardly think they woould go f1 AND lmp
sports car does suit aston better imho, and they do have some f1 history.
but from a marketing point of view, f1 is more widely broadcast etc...
then look at the cost needed in f1..... just ask toyota how easy it is!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1941134)   #1042
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
I'm sure I've heard Richards specifically discount and Aston F1 tie up (not that that ever means much...)

Cheers
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1941223)   #1043
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I can understand the caution, in a race with a reasonable car density and especially a lot of speed disparity between cars. On the long straights between the trees the spray would hang in the air fairly well wouldn't it? Final point - I am sure the teams would be less disappointed in the safety car procession than if they had to retrieve their car from the barriers!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1941228)   #1044
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'll ask once again (perhaps it was overlooked the first time), would anyone who caught the SPEED coverage be willing/able to make a copy of their recording and send it my way? Just post, and then I'll PM the necessary info (since I'm not entirely sure which e-mail I listed as my contact).
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1941259)   #1045
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
I'll ask once again (perhaps it was overlooked the first time), would anyone who caught the SPEED coverage be willing/able to make a copy of their recording and send it my way? Just post, and then I'll PM the necessary info (since I'm not entirely sure which e-mail I listed as my contact).
I have it all recorded and as soon as I can figure a way to get it to the laptop I can try to give a go burning in on a dvd
Old 19 Jun 2007, 02:02 (Ref:1941260)   #1046
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead
first iv head about aston and f1.... i hardly think they woould go f1 AND lmp
sports car does suit aston better imho, and they do have some f1 history.
but from a marketing point of view, f1 is more widely broadcast etc...
then look at the cost needed in f1..... just ask toyota how easy it is!
having heard him say aston is much more a sports car brand and specifically say NO many times to the F1 link(will prob be an unofficial junior MB team) but then letting it slip about going for the overall win soon pretty much seals the deal for the F1 link never happening. Plus with customer cars being allowed the investment for his F1 program will be MUCH lower then building from the ground up. As I had said in another thread, hoping this leads to AM/Vette joining Audi/Pug/Acura/Porsche in the battle for overall wins.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 04:22 (Ref:1941297)   #1047
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Thanks Broadrun.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1941505)   #1048
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
I'll tell Martin Short to his face, put somebody else in it, you lap 10-15 seconds SLOWER than everybody else. He's never going to win the proper way, he has to BACK INTO IT.

Always routing for the private team RICH guy somehow doesn't make any sense to me.
I'm sure Shorty will be grateful for your constructive and knowledgeable input dj!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1941539)   #1049
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
I can understand the caution, in a race with a reasonable car density and especially a lot of speed disparity between cars. On the long straights between the trees the spray would hang in the air fairly well wouldn't it? Final point - I am sure the teams would be less disappointed in the safety car procession than if they had to retrieve their car from the barriers!
I must confess that I got a bit emotional, tired, wet, etc after watching hours and hours of racing and that is why I was so ****ed off at the safety car. The Nurburgring 24 conditions were far worse and justified. I may sound like I didn't have a good time at LM but that was completely not true. It was my first attendance and I did have a great time and overall the race was quality! Looking forward to watching the highlights now.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1941571)   #1050
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[Piglet climbs up onto soapbox]
It really was a class race but I'm disappointed to see Shorty kept off the podium by the actions of Peugeot and the inaction of the organisers. The Peugeot's actions were clearly in breach of the regulations but that seems to be OK. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if the situation had been reversed and it had been Shorty sitting out on the track to avoid doing another lap....hmm...I wonder....

Bourdais said in the press conference that he couldn't have done another lap and that's why he stopped.

Write regs and run to them - all of the time, not just when it suits you do to so [climbs down off soapbox].

The weather was foul, I wasn't surprised to see the safety cars on track at the end, the team managers were clamouring for it and (in Hugh Chamberlain's words visited the race director "mob handed" to demand a safety car period there was so much standing water on the track that it was incredibly difficult to drive.

BTW - I think Shorty might find the suggestion that he is RICH quite amusing