Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Sep 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3136736)   #101
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Frosty finally showed some big round ones and made a fair pass on JW at the end.
By fair pass I presume you mean barging JDub out of the way?

If Frosty can't pass cleanly he shouldn't be there. Tim Edwards shaking his head and showing obvious concern shows how dicey the move was.

Anyway how good were the bloody co-drivers? PD shone, bringing the car from 2/3 of the way down to grid into third and not setting a foot wrong. Luffy was not bad either, clearly Richo wasn't hanging around, not really sure what happened with the SBR cars in the end.

Think all 3 of those guys surprised a few people.

Also no penalty on Bright seems a bit wierd but you'd want the data from both cars to know whether it was good or bad.

Jack Perkins: chip off the old block or what? Not much chop in the sprint rounds but he was pretty sensational, only for the car to get punted.

So enduro pilots who might not get a call up next year: Besnard & Ritter?

Also really thinking Moffat aint gonna have a drive next year. I guess all the DJR cars stink but he's involved in way too many accidents and seems up himself for a guy who has done jack ****.

Last edited by Mixer; 16 Sep 2012 at 09:59.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3136747)   #102
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- Did the co-drivers race really count for the main drivers title points?

- Warren Luff wins, hope for clubbie's everywhere.

- I think, in the interests of having some value for winning a V8 Supercar race, it's fair that Paul Dumbrell wasn't part of a winning team.

- Bad miss by Whincup today. He's had all over Lowndes for 5 years, but has never established himself as an authoritative lead driver, today was a great opportunity, but he shanked it. I suppose there's still Bathurst.

- Neil is really a **** commentator. I heard the word "incentivise" today.

- Mark Larkham? God, you're not funny.

- The race was described as "boring" on SEN1116 today. I didn't think it was boring or exciting myself.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3136750)   #103
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
watched lots of great passing today

generally what happened is one driver would stick down the inside under brakes because they had more speed along the straight.

what happened next was the guy being passed left room on the inside so that he didnt cause contact, sometime the pass worked, other times the driver on the inside lost too much speed and was out dragged to the next corner.

happened a lot would suggest i saw it over 100 times.

only once did i see that the driver turned in on the passing driver. He3llo Jamie

was not his best weekend, certainly outshined by his co-driver
Old 16 Sep 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3136753)   #104
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Yes was a good race! i thought some rather average driving by some though, lots of errors and wee offs!

As far as that move goes, I reckon it was fine, he had speed, he had it up the inside, Jamie turned in. No way for Frosty to avoid, it was all Jamies to hit/avoid I think
Thats the way I saw it too ... Jamie had to yield. Good hard racing unlike some of the other amateurism shown - HTF is Paul Morris allowed to race in this class (or any for that matter)?

Methinks the Kid has turned back the clock too ... brilliant drive (and kudos to Luffie also). Can't wait for Bathurst
Old 16 Sep 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3136759)   #105
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Thats the way I saw it too ... Jamie had to yield. Good hard racing unlike some of the other amateurism shown - HTF is Paul Morris allowed to race in this class (or any for that matter)?

Methinks the Kid has turned back the clock too ... brilliant drive (and kudos to Luffie also). Can't wait for Bathurst
So you'll have no issue if the pass is returned by whincup on frosty at bathurst?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3136761)   #106
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh and how come #55 always has a mysterious pit issue every time it is threatening to take points off #5?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3136765)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Oh and how come #55 always has a mysterious pit issue every time it is threatening to take points off #5?
I think its because the "A" pit crew are with the 5 and the 6 and also the 9 and the 4

leaving a hybrid "B" crew for the 55 and the 47
Old 16 Sep 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3136766)   #108
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
They wont be able to blame 'mixed teammembers' next year
Old 16 Sep 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3136776)   #109
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anybody wondering why Whincup didn't defend earlier? At the time, I thought he was the most vulnerable of being passed, the whole time Winterottom was behind him, and surprised that, coming out of the esses, he didn't naturally take the inside line.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3136779)   #110
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Is anybody wondering why Whincup didn't defend earlier? At the time, I thought he was the most vulnerable of being passed, the whole time Winterottom was behind him, and surprised that, coming out of the esses, he didn't naturally take the inside line.
Maybe he assumed the guy behind wouldn't drive into his door.

Personally i would've, Frosty is still the only guy who i've heard say 'i had no brakes left' and then spin the car in front (which, usually means you brake earlier)
Old 16 Sep 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3136891)   #111
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
So you'll have no issue if the pass is returned by whincup on frosty at bathurst?
None whatsoever .. its a trademark Jamie move. Whatever angle you look at, that job was done and Jamie had to yield but, surprisingly he turned in rather than concede. It wasnt like the old Steve Richards B-Pillar Bash - MW had stopped without locking, had angle to turn - not even remotely an issue this one. Not a Ford/Holden thing either ... I stopped that long ago (when they ceased to become actual Holdens and actual Fords).
Old 16 Sep 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3136951)   #112
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The front (i.e. The leading edge of the front spoiler) of car 5 was past the B Pillar of car 1 prior to contact. If J Dub chooses to take a wide line, then close the door, then he has to expect the chance of someone gazumping him . . . and Frosty did
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3136985)   #113
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Event organisers announced a three-day crowd of over 57,000 people for the return of the 500 to Sandown.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...5/default.aspx

OK, so who went ?, What was the crowd like ?

For a V8 Events promoted race, I would have expected publicised crowd 'numbers' of something closer to 75,000.

57 K over the three days seems a little slim ?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3136986)   #114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...5/default.aspx

OK, so who went ?, What was the crowd like ?

For a V8 Events promoted race, I would have expected publicised crowd 'numbers' of something closer to 75,000.

57 K over the three days seems a little slim ?
I went Sunday, that was the number announced at the race

Bigger than last years PI crowd, 8k up on last years Sandown attendance.

Not sure it would really hold 75k over the weekend anymore.

separately . i like the qualyfying format, (even apart from the race 2 excitment) much better than PI's format, and i liked have an alternative method,
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3136990)   #115
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunday's attendance might've been better if it weren't for the iffy weather. That might've swayed a few spur-of-the moment attendees to stay at home.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3136992)   #116
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if those figures included all the school kids on Friday who were there for a day out of school and don't give a rats about racing...........

Saturday looked slim but its the first Saturday I have attended, so it might of been acceptable.

Sunday looked the same as the other 500's I have been to, in the grandstand anyway. Did think the hill looked a bit bare though.

Might have been the layout of the merchandising area, but there didnt seem as much promotional stuff/displays around as in years gone by. I've seen the area between the grandstand and the paddock full of stuff in the past but this year it was a couple of food vans, one of which left on the Saturday.........

Last edited by coln72; 16 Sep 2012 at 22:54.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3136995)   #117
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Sunday's attendance might've been better if it weren't for the iffy weather. That might've swayed a few spur-of-the moment attendees to stay at home.
which is too abd , with hindsight, as the weather was fine
Old 16 Sep 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3136999)   #118
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
- Neil is really a **** commentator. I heard the word "incentivise" today.
Why is that a problem?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3137000)   #119
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems the Richo haters have gone a bit quiet after he helped Frosty to the Podium on the weekend?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3137003)   #120
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Seems the Richo haters have gone a bit quiet after he helped Frosty to the Podium on the weekend?
and the PD haters, who did his best to increase Jamies points lead, as aopposed to Jamie who seemed to wants frosty to have the lead
Old 16 Sep 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3137004)   #121
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Because for the first time in his career he didn't drive into anyone (keep in mind, he's driven into his teammate, and even the safety car before).

Its the same when morris goes a single race without hitting anyone (both rare occasions)
Old 16 Sep 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3137005)   #122
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group A/C race

Hi,
Did anyone get photos or video footage of the Group A/C race? I was in the yellow & green Willmington XD in the middle of the pack and would like to see any shots if possible.

Thanks to everyone that applauded after our race, the whole field tried really hard to put on a show...I'm guessing from the crowd reaction you enjoyed it.

See ya,
Nev.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3137008)   #123
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Because for the first time in his career he didn't drive into anyone (keep in mind, he's driven into his teammate, and even the safety car before).

Its the same when morris goes a single race without hitting anyone (both rare occasions)
LOL ... we agree on some things
Old 17 Sep 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3137010)   #124
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Lol wtf he hit the pace car? youtube?
Old 17 Sep 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3137013)   #125
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and the PD haters, who did his best to increase Jamies points lead, as aopposed to Jamie who seemed to wants frosty to have the lead
Look I questioned them both if not doubted them, Richo has never been the most consistent, and PD has chucked it off the road in the past, but I have to say he drove absolutely brilliantly today, along with Richo. I think Johnny Mac & Canto drove well too but was unrewarded due to FPR's bizarre pit stop strategy.