Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1782859)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Level 2s are still required to attend 80% of races, according to the TEGA Teams Agreement, however there is another caveat on that stating that races over a certain distance, or of a particular significance, then the cars MUST attend.

Also significant may be that if a car does not attend a race meeting, even if it is not obligated to, then it gets nothing from the franchise licence slot income fund for that meeting.... which can lose a team $20k or so... still cheaper than running a car at $60k (like TKR is suggesting Phillip Island would have cost)

If you do the maths at $60k a round (on the TKR numbers reported in MN) does that not make the TKR racing budget around $840k for the season, including the AGP?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Dec 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1782886)   #127
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
TKR save over $60,000 for not running at Philip Island. Mr Evengelou pays nothing to TKR for using the TKR franchise but does ensure TKR do not get a fine or breach their franchise obligations.

Smart business decision by TKR and the sponsors to save as much as possible for their 2007 assault on the Championship which is looking very promising and to ensure they have a spare chassis around at all times for the 2007 season as well.

Philip Island is also a very high speed track and the potential for further damage is always on the cards something TKR does not need when it was the last time using the chassis they have been leasing from PMM after the accident at Bathurst.

Bring on 2007.
Every track has potential for damage, if they come here to play in the long grass get on with it or go home!
Old 5 Dec 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1782910)   #128
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8smoker
Every track has potential for damage, if they come here to play in the long grass get on with it or go home!
They have taken your advice v8smoker and done exactly what you have suggested albeit they decided to do this a few days ago.

For a team that has taken a hit as TKR did this year so late in the season to not look at saving funds from this season budget that can be far better used next year would be wrong and bad management.

Well done TKR and bring on 2007 where they will be back stronger than ever.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 02:29 (Ref:1782978)   #129
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR should have ground a dollar out

Quote:
TKR save over $60,000 for not running at Philip Island. Mr Evengelou pays nothing to TKR for using the TKR franchise but does ensure TKR do not get a fine or breach their franchise obligations.

Smart business decision by TKR and the sponsors to save as much as possible for their 2007 assault on the Championship which is looking very promising and to ensure they have a spare chassis around at all times for the 2007 season as well.

Admire your support for TKR here Mike BUT, how can not running at the Island be a smart business decision by TKR sponsors ..... very optimistic (about as much spin as Ashley Giles).

So no dollars changed hands?
I would have thought it is a prime opportunity for an up & comer to showcase their talent (as a supporter of Team Ricciardello*, I hold no expectation in the Britek Barge).

* back to the Caversham days, Basil in a Fiat 2300.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1782995)   #130
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Admire your support for TKR here Mike BUT, how can not running at the Island be a smart business decision by TKR sponsors ..... very optimistic (about as much spin as Ashley Giles).

So no dollars changed hands?
I would have thought it is a prime opportunity for an up & comer to showcase their talent (as a supporter of Team Ricciardello*, I hold no expectation in the Britek Barge).

* back to the Caversham days, Basil in a Fiat 2300.
and whos car was he going to use?
Old 6 Dec 2006, 05:20 (Ref:1783038)   #131
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551
aren't level 1's 2 car licences and level 2's 1 car licences, and doesnt it also have something to do with what percentage of the pie you get back from VESA on your investment?
A Level 1 franchise gets 2 votes on the AVESCO board and earns a greater percentage of prize and tyre money than a Level 2 franchise which gets 1 vote on the AVESCO board according to the Sandy Myhre book.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1783192)   #132
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wha would happen if TKR were to have a couple of touch ups next year (hope not) would they be able afford to fix the car to continue?
Old 6 Dec 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1783600)   #133
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Absolutely. TKR have a strong budget for 2007 but have been hurt in 2006 (as would most teams) from which they have been recovering with the national tour throughout NZ.

Because of the generous support from the public TKR are close to replacing the funds they lost when the car was written off and as such 2007 is a new year with new budgets, new cars, new sponsors and support.

I hope TKR never have to go through this again as I hope no team does.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 04:07 (Ref:1783779)   #134
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Evomike].

/QUOTE]

Spare chassis? Are there 2 FPR chassis under the TKR Christmas tree??
Old 7 Dec 2006, 05:13 (Ref:1783787)   #135
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
pete60 You are catching on to the plan and hence the decision not to run at Philip Island.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1783820)   #136
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
found one

Quote:
pete60 You are catching on to the plan and hence the decision not to run at Philip Island.
& you asked what chassis' ? Pay the money, the doors open.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 02:27 (Ref:1785579)   #137
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rattie is limping around Phillip Island today watching NotSo pedal the new-for-2007 TKR ****ter around the track.

The official "hand-over of the keys" must be coming up soon
Old 9 Dec 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1786005)   #138
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So am I correct in thinking that TKR are better off financially now, than they were prior to the crash? (given the $400k in fund raising, the Pither contribution and skipping PI)...

Now if that ain't a silver lining...
Old 9 Dec 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1786009)   #139
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wouldnt say better off....

The $400,000 covered the total loss of the car and without a car it would be pretty hard to go racing.

A smart business decission I'd say. No point in going to PI and possibly have another large damage bill on a borrowed car with nothing to gain except more bills.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 04:52 (Ref:1787425)   #140
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But TKR would have had to have repaired the car regardless of whether it was a loaner or the car that was "sold"...

So as I said, the 400k lost sale cost has been covered and TKR have saved additional money by skipping two rounds and have presumably gathered a little extra revenue from the Pither drive.. net result better off financially.

No doubting it's a smart move, but it's also a great use of smoke and mirrors...

Last edited by Chappelli; 11 Dec 2006 at 04:55.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1788333)   #141
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli
But TKR would have had to have repaired the car regardless of whether it was a loaner or the car that was "sold"...

So as I said, the 400k lost sale cost has been covered and TKR have saved additional money by skipping two rounds and have presumably gathered a little extra revenue from the Pither drive.. net result better off financially.

No doubting it's a smart move, but it's also a great use of smoke and mirrors...
It was to save money, not quite sure why you think there is some great conspiracy theory going on.

Personally why would they want to run the PMM car that they had leased to run at the back of the field with the rest of the PMM cars. Value for money comes to mind
Old 13 Dec 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1790131)   #142
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Personally why would they want to run the PMM car that they had leased to run at the back of the field with the rest of the PMM cars. Value for money comes to mind
Very true, although I doubt we'll see an acknowlegement of the silver lining in how it's all washed up..

I do like the subtle dig at PMM though.. it says a lot.