Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 19 Jan 2003, 15:41 (Ref:479032)   #151
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my soldering of the steering wheel failed again (different one to monza race), and i could not get it repaired in time to race.

How was the race for everyone???
Old 19 Jan 2003, 15:45 (Ref:479035)   #152
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not to bad - 4 mange to get a couple of 1.11 laps in.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 15:48 (Ref:479038)   #153
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great for me, I won!!
Old 19 Jan 2003, 16:17 (Ref:479067)   #154
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn, i totally forgot that it was practice today...
Old 19 Jan 2003, 17:03 (Ref:479124)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, first of all, congrats to Damon, who surpvived his coming together with Spudgun (presenting me with the lead, after I missed the green flag at the start!). Unfortunately Rob took me out on lap 5 or 6, but no matter, I was rubbish anyway. I have to say that was the poorest practice session and race I've had for a very long time. I ran lap after lap in the low 1.06's and many many laps in the 1.05's yesterday (including two 17-lap races), but with the same set up today I was absolutely pants. I'm glad I have time for a rethink.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Jan 2003 at 17:04.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 17:18 (Ref:479142)   #156
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I just did my first sub 1m6 lap (a 1m5.84) but my damn comp locked up and it hasn't loaded into my player.ini file . Oh well, at least I know I can do it now.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 19:41 (Ref:479272)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there...... You may not have noticed me - I was driving the Honda for a change - did a 1m06.725 - that means I now have every car negative at the Glen! I've also done two other Ferrari races there today - much better than ours this afternoon )for me, at least).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Jan 2003 at 19:41.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 20:17 (Ref:479304)   #158
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Managed to do it so it counts now!! Second in the Ferrari with a race best lap of 1m5.85.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 22:51 (Ref:479463)   #159
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After the Praccy race, I decided to check out this MovieStudio XP. This is my first foray into GPL Video.

There are no effect or CCM work, I just threw something together from the replay of the race. It's really roughly done, with some of the sequences not even being in the right order, but you have to start some where I guess!

I apologise for the 48 Meg file size, but any smaller and it looked a bit rubbish.

Glen Praccy Video

Note: I realised halfway through upload that I should have zipped it, but I wasn't going to start it again! You may need to right-click and 'Save As'
Old 19 Jan 2003, 22:55 (Ref:479468)   #160
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
great stuff Spud. I'll download now.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 23:15 (Ref:479487)   #161
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I had an impressive end to the race didn't I.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 23:22 (Ref:479495)   #162
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I couldn't leave that out could I! I could have sworn you actually tried to avoid the guy with the chequered flag..
Old 19 Jan 2003, 23:22 (Ref:479497)   #163
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
woohoo!! I've just noticed I've become a Veteran poster!
Old 20 Jan 2003, 08:03 (Ref:479719)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Congrats! I just wish someone would catch me up in age terms.........
Old 20 Jan 2003, 09:09 (Ref:479745)   #165
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just downloaded it - I so need a wheel, my car looks very twitchy....
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:05 (Ref:480145)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Downloading now. As I've said Rob, I think you do remarkably well with that joypad. I dread to think what times you'd be setting with a wheel and pedals! Sell your body to science or your soul to the devil and buy that MOMO!!
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:07 (Ref:480148)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
By the way, one thing I meant to ask yesterday - did any of you manage to meet in the 10/10ths chatroom on VROC before joining Spud's server? I was in there for about 10 minutes on my own before I spotted the server come up on the list. I went back into the chatroom several times during the day but I seemed to be alone every time. Does everyone else's experience match mine, or is it me who has the problem with VROC chat?
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:07 (Ref:480149)   #168
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Downloading now. As I've said Rob, I think you do remarkably well with that joypad. I dread to think what times you'd be setting with a wheel and pedals! Sell your body to science or your soul to the devil and buy that MOMO!!
Would love too, but I have just folked out £200 for a little hoilday in Northen France in June
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:08 (Ref:480150)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do me a favour Rob, nip into the chatroom now so I can check it out?
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:12 (Ref:480156)   #170
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Do me a favour Rob, nip into the chatroom now so I can check it out?
Just tried to get in and I got an error:-

Unable to enter room :- Ten-tenths

This was due to an incorrect password

It was working OK early.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:13 (Ref:480159)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Rob, try removing the Ten Tenths chatroom and then adding it again, using the original password, which I guess you still remember? (I'm still in it - all on my lonesome!)
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:16 (Ref:480161)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
While I think of it - another question for Spud - Tuesday week when we race at the Glen, assuming a start time of 8 pm, how long will practice be? (I'm thinking of how quickly I need to drive home after my meeting!).
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:18 (Ref:480165)   #173
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Rob, try removing the Ten Tenths chatroom and then adding it again, using the original password, which I guess you still remember? (I'm still in it - all on my lonesome!)
Nothing - even removed an re-added the room and it still wouldn't let me in.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:20 (Ref:480168)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well I've just gone out and back in again with no problem, but until I finally meet someone in there, I can't be sure it's working OK. I will be racing online tonight - obviously looking for Glen races. So I will be there from time to time if anyone wants to look in. Maybe see you later Rob.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:22 (Ref:480169)   #175
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
It's just let me - very strange................