Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 5 Jul 2024, 00:30 (Ref:4217821)   #2426
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Saw this when I was out walking the dog yesterday evening - looks very clean (and very much out of place!).
That's beautiful and if you care about the lingo, that's a "bumpside Ford".
Old 5 Jul 2024, 00:34 (Ref:4217822)   #2427
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mainly you'll find two different profile of french buyer. A real pro i-e a farmer who will go for a Ranger and other jap ones: https://photo.capital.fr/boom-des-ve...le-boss-553610

But new for 2024 you have to pay an extra tax called here "malus" which hurts quite a lot. https://www.exotic-cars-andorre.com/...bile-en-france
As to the seller you're refering to he makes a lot business with show-off oriented people having a US Ram regitered as a company car.

Last classification on date: https://www.autohero.com/fr/conseil/...iture/pick-up/
That is interesting. I wonder if they imported more mid and lower spec trucks, there would be more takers for the half ton American pickups? The Fords and Rams on that website are full on top spec, "boss man trucks".
Old 13 Jul 2024, 03:05 (Ref:4218762)   #2428
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saw my first Cybertruck in the wild today. Going opposite of us on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then again on our way back and didn't get a pic. I did get a pic of this though because Asheville.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 03:28 (Ref:4218763)   #2429
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well parked, it’s just the planet is growing around it.

We saw a cybertruck today too. Just outside a soccer stadium. My kid claimed the points for spotting it first.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 04:04 (Ref:4218765)   #2430
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that an old (80's) Subaru Hatchback?
Old 13 Jul 2024, 04:48 (Ref:4218769)   #2431
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It's not a Justy I don't think (which I secretly want a 4wd version) so I don't know what it is. It's giving me Toyota vibes?
Old 13 Jul 2024, 04:55 (Ref:4218771)   #2432
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Saw my first Cybertruck in the wild today.
Fortunately it looks like we might not get them here downunder. Apparently low demand for them in RHD has led to them being made in LHD only.... that makes it unregistrable in Australia and non-compliant with our local road rules. Not to mention the sharp edges likely means it wouldnt be approved for sale, not able to meet Australian Design Rules (ADRs).

They offered orders with deposit but canned that 2 years ago.

Hasnt stopped them importing an LHD one last month for a local tour downunder, running a special permit.

Someone even took a video (especially for Adam.... they tried to film the world's longest truck in portrait mode)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QBVuiO2vg78
Old 13 Jul 2024, 05:10 (Ref:4218772)   #2433
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA

Last edited by JHamilton; 13 Jul 2024 at 05:33.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 05:11 (Ref:4218773)   #2434
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I've seen three. I've never hated a vehicle more than that piece of ****. And it has nothing to do with the political leanings of Elon. It's the fact that people are happily taking deliveries of that pile of garbage and it makes the entire automotive industry worse. The Big 3 destroy any Tesla in terms of build quality but somehow Tesla is always given a pass? Turns out the technology is the "easiest" part and building a good car is really hard.

Teslas are also the worst driven cars on the road and we're including Nissan Altimas. And I drive a Ram. #1 in DUIs per capita babyyyyyyy!

Last edited by JHamilton; 13 Jul 2024 at 05:22.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 05:44 (Ref:4218774)   #2435
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's not a Justy I don't think (which I secretly want a 4wd version) so I don't know what it is. It's giving me Toyota vibes?
The shape / triangulated design of the B pillar made me think Subie.
Just found this http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2010/02...hatchback.html

My ex wife's sister had a Subaru Brumby Special ute I quite liked. The Special had 4WD, a 'roo bar and targa roof fitted. (Two panels like a 280Z, removable, but you could also run with them lifted a few inches at the outside like wings.)

Pic is not hers but was identical.

Old 13 Jul 2024, 12:48 (Ref:4218802)   #2436
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly I drive in Atlanta proper, and Buckhead especially every day, so all the cool kids' cars are on my daily route. Took until about 3 weeks ago to see a Cybertruck, actually saw multiple Hummers first in both truck and SUV trim. Dear God the Tesla is just bad bad and I've seen more wrapped or painted than natural. Apparently most Atlanta buyers aren't in to the shiny, lots of matte black wraps and a few multi-camo ones. The 3 guys I know who bought Teslas, not trucks, had to be back in the shop multiple times and Alex got 3 different internal door card colors on his first attempted delivery 3, he didn't take delivery

Thankfully Atlantans also like McLarens, starting to see almost one a day on the roads. But a few ruined with bad wraps and SHINY panels. Few higher end Lamborghini popping up too with wings and SV on the hips. Also seeing more and more Aston Martin and Rolls Royce SUV moms, neither is acceptable.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 12:50 (Ref:4218803)   #2437
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And now a palette cleanser, old Chevy doing Chevy things

And if it comes through, my iPhone camera blows but city issued phone so probably reject pile purchase, very confused Nissan truck

Last edited by broadrun96; 13 Jul 2024 at 13:18.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 16:32 (Ref:4218830)   #2438
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GMC Short bed. 1970. Gas Station hang.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 16:34 (Ref:4218832)   #2439
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Quote:
It's a Scoobie Justy GL flavor, because Asheville requires you to own something made by Subaru. Running or not.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 02:59 (Ref:4218934)   #2440
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's a Scoobie Justy GL flavor, because Asheville requires you to own something made by Subaru. Running or not.
I'm guessing that's an earlier version I'm not familiar with because that is not what I remember a Justy looks like. They had painted plastic painted bumpers, or at least my neighbor's-growing-up did.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 03:02 (Ref:4218935)   #2441
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
The shape / triangulated design of the B pillar made me think Subie.
Just found this http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2010/02...hatchback.html

My ex wife's sister had a Subaru Brumby Special ute I quite liked. The Special had 4WD, a 'roo bar and targa roof fitted. (Two panels like a 280Z, removable, but you could also run with them lifted a few inches at the outside like wings.)

Pic is not hers but was identical.

You mean the BRAT??? Yeah, they're legendary here although a rare sight today. Japanese cars, for all their reliability, tend to rust back into the earth.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 05:01 (Ref:4218942)   #2442
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
You mean the BRAT??? Yeah, they're legendary here although a rare sight today. Japanese cars, for all their reliability, tend to rust back into the earth.
OK they.... were known / badged as the Subaru Brumby here. Probably an Aussie type word, but Brumbies are what we call wild / free roaming 'feral' horses.

Edit: Yes its an Aussie word. From our La Trobe Uni:
Quote:
.....Brumbies may have originally got their name from the horses that Private James Brumby abandoned in 1804 when he was transferred from New South Wales to Tasmania.

Whatever the origin of the word, pastoral expansion spread brumbies to all corners of Australia during the 19th century.

Settled colonial farmers hated brumbies, viewing them as symbols of the waste and destruction caused by the pastoral industry that the settlers were rapidly displacing. Brumbies also destroyed fences and competed with stock for grass.

Brumbies were destroyed en masse as pests, which also allowed farmers to make a profit from their hides and manes. Sometimes brumbies were even rendered for hog feed.....
https://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/arti...0to%20Tasmania.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 13:29 (Ref:4218967)   #2443
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Pedant mode on: isnt what you call a Targa more likely a T-bar roof? As to japcars rusting, I nicknamed my Miata "Rusty" not because of Rintintin TV series! Better than a Lancia in this aspect.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4218975)   #2444
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pedant mode on: isnt what you call a Targa more likely a T-bar roof?
I think this is correct.

IIRC, Targa is a Porsche trademark and is used when a single panel can be removed between the roll bar (behind the seats) and the windscreen.

T-Tops have a panel either side of a central bar that runs front-to-rear.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 17:18 (Ref:4219160)   #2445
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just seen the Aston Martin SUV, and my immediate thought is: is there a public demand for SUV from a company that is only known for sports/GT cars? Apart from which, it's also fugly, if you know what I mean!

Name:  aston martin suv.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  6.2 KB
Old 14 Jul 2024, 17:34 (Ref:4219183)   #2446
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another car that seems all wrong, and that sort of looks a bit like a London taxi, is the RR Cullinan Black Badge:

Name:  RR Cullinan Black Badge.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  5.7 KB

Edit to say that both these cars were at the Goodwood Festival of Speed today.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 14 Jul 2024 at 17:51.
Old 14 Jul 2024, 18:20 (Ref:4219238)   #2447
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think this is correct.

IIRC, Targa is a Porsche trademark and is used when a single panel can be removed between the roll bar (behind the seats) and the windscreen.

T-Tops have a panel either side of a central bar that runs front-to-rear.
Technically I agree with what you say. In Aus however, ignorant bunch that we are, it seems we tend to ignore Porsche trademarks and use Targa for anything relating to removable roof panels.
Curious, I went to the main Subaru Aus forum and searched "T-Bar roof.".. I got less than a handful of posts found post which was nothing to do with the roof panels, the Bar was the "Custom front and rear bar" (bumpers) and the roof a was paint related thing. I then searched "Targa Top Brumby" and it came up with several multiple page threads with Targa Top Brumby in their title. https://ausubaru.com.au/viewtopic.ph...37c8&start=100

It seems we refer to the 280/300 ZX as "Targa top" as well whereas the rest of the world talks of T-Bar roofs. Oddly, Australian scale modellers refer to the Nissans as a T-Top!
Old 14 Jul 2024, 21:01 (Ref:4219410)   #2448
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Just seen the Aston Martin SUV, and my immediate thought is: is there a public demand for SUV from a company that is only known for sports/GT cars? Apart from which, it's also fugly, if you know what I mean!

Attachment 80877
It photos SO much better than in person, and Aston Green is the only acceptable color, grey is bad
Old 14 Jul 2024, 21:05 (Ref:4219412)   #2449
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Strange you talk about the DBX707, just spotted a black one yesterday. Found it really good looking but may be the girl at wheel could have been influencing. Cuuuuute!
Old 14 Jul 2024, 21:18 (Ref:4219416)   #2450
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

Attachment 80877
Not for me, but yes there is!