Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Apr 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2434438)   #1
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden European Rallycross

Only a week to go now and looking forward to it rather a lot!!

Yesterday the circuit was looking in excellent shape and on that score there should be no worries. I am just a bit concerned about how the marshals will be able to get into the circuit each day as I reckon the queue to pay will be stretching down the A2 from first light onwards! I heard that the gates will be open from 7am (not sure if this is both days or just Monday). Due to my advancing years I'm not going to be camping (the old bones can no longer tolerate sleeping bags and the like!) so I'll be staying away Sunday night and have to get up mega early to beat the traffic on Monday.

Anyone know how many marshals are expected? Anyone know when tickets and final instructions will go out?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2434526)   #2
Calex
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
Calex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that the tickets etc were sent out on Friday so would hope that we should see them tomorrow

The only problem I have is I can't remember if I put my name down or not so will have to wait and see, I have started to plan for camping on Sunday because of the expected queues on Monday

So who else will be there?

Steve
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2434663)   #3
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're both on the list and waiting for the postie - equally concerned to see how we get in with queues as mad as they might become? Also suspect that the usual luxury of moving your car close to the post (best thing about post 4!) seems unlikely if they're packing the punters in tightly.

Race-wise, I just hope we see almost all of the 70 cars shown on the entries list - would make for a great weekend.

Cheers, David & Chrissy
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2434872)   #4
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
We're both on the list and waiting for the postie - equally concerned to see how we get in with queues as mad as they might become?
Whilst trying not to be negative, the circuit may struggle more than would have been the case in years past as you can no longer turn right into the circuit off the Dover-bound A2. You have to go past the circuit to the second set of traffic lights and use the special "U turn" facility there. Perhaps an idea would be for the circuit to have one channel inside the gate for competitors officials and marshals so that once inside we don't have to queue with the paying public.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2435056)   #5
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
Tickets arrived safely - for those still waiting, the Sunday signon is from 10:00 / briefing 11:45 / on post for 12:10. Monday is 07:30 / 08:15 / 08:35. Single sign on will cover both days.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2435361)   #6
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also got my tickets today
Wondering what time I'm going to have to get up to get there on Monday (last time about 90mins journey) after being at Silverstone the 2days before, busy and tiring weekend for me!
Old 6 Apr 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2435436)   #7
Gnomex
Veteran

Tickets here today as well. Has anyone heard where marshal's parking and camping will be at the circuit?
Old 7 Apr 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2435756)   #8
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
Just had a chat with the circuit office and things get curiouser and curiouser!

I noticed that Ade's envelope had 2 tickets as usual (me + guest) and then realised that it was a 2 day event & that might not work. The office folk said that the team on the gate would convert marshal's tickets to a weekend pass as we arrive - sounds a bit chaotic & leaves my guest with a choice of one day or the other?

I also asked about the Saturday night party (8pm?) which gets mentioned on the web site but nowhere else - again the office said to turn up & identify yourself as a marshal & the security team at the party will sort us out a wristband.

It was all very easy going and "no probs" - I just wonder whether that will actually work itself out under the pressure of the event when the time comes?
Old 7 Apr 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2435778)   #9
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,
Please can you all remember this is a learning curve for us all for this meeting. lets not be to critical of things going on. If it goes wrong on the day my job is to try and sort it for you guys and girls. I am going to the circuit on Friday to tie up everything I can find out. I realise this is a bit close but work constraints etc. We have to follow certain rules and regs and everything has been looked at . I have a copy of all this so I know what is going on. We do appreciate feedback and will review the meeting after and have a look at the what went wrong etc.
Lets be positive for a good weekend.
If there is anything you want to know ref marshalling come direct to me please by pm or my e-mail.
Rgds,
Richard Sneader
Chief Marshal FIA Rally Cross Lydden Hill 2009
Old 7 Apr 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2435822)   #10
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Apologies for late info but I have just spoken to Lydden. There is still alot to sort out as you can imagine.
To help for now though.
Marshals entry will be through the main gate as normal. At the gate your pink ticket will be exchanged for a wrist band.
The wrist band is also your entry into the party at night. If you have a guest with you for this as long as you have a wrist band that will be fine.NO WRIST BAND NO ENTRY TO PARTY.
Monday wrist band will be your entry ticket.
There will be marshals parking place TBC
There will be a designmated marshals camping place TBC.
Drinks will be provided but as always bring your own supplies too.
Hope fully this helps for now. Pleas pass on to thers who do not get 10-Tenths
Anything please come through me.
Richard Sneader
Chief Marshal FIA Rally Cross Lydden Hill
Old 7 Apr 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2435830)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I've just left a note for Adrian to call as I would like to marshal Sunday & Monday but realised I hadn't volunteered! Doh!
Old 7 Apr 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2435847)   #12
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Cheers for that Steve, ANy probs on the day or if no tickets arrive, call me and I will make sure it's sorted.
Rgds,
Rich
Old 7 Apr 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2436242)   #13
Gnomex
Veteran

Richard - Thanks for the update and the info re the wristbands. Any idea how many of us there will be on post?

Boy Blunder - have you heard if Hog is going to make it?
Old 8 Apr 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2436756)   #14
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
For those who don't want to pay ERC24 subscription to see the entries list, Lydden now have it on their site - may change due to closing date being 10th?

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/pdf_files/erc_entry.pdf
Old 9 Apr 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2437197)   #15
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pebbles View Post
Also got my tickets today
Wondering what time I'm going to have to get up to get there on Monday (last time about 90mins journey) after being at Silverstone the 2days before, busy and tiring weekend for me!
Just take it easy over the Dartford Crossing - I understand that the bridge is now decorated with pretty yellow SPECS cameras.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ows--bEqUg from last week's meeting shows some of the circuit changes - particularly at the top of Hairy Hill where we seem to have posts on the outside and the inner (like Chessons) is now left clear.

BTW latest BBC weather shows the site getting a good drenching on Saturday, but dry for Sun / Mon - but a lot can change between now & then .....
Old 9 Apr 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2437599)   #16
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
BTW latest BBC weather shows the site getting a good drenching on Saturday, but dry for Sun / Mon - but a lot can change between now & then .....
Fingers well and truly crossed!!
Old 10 Apr 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2438069)   #17
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Hi All,
Just got back from Lydden. Alot of work going on for the weekend and lot of effort being put in by the team down there,
On arrival please make sure you have your pink tickets ready to hand in for exchange for a wrist band. You will then be directed to where the marshals parking is. The gate staff have alot of work on so please make this as quick a process as poss and follow there instructions. Basiclly no tickets no entry as overalls will not be a ticket. Apols if it is harsh but there is alot happening and a system is in place to help everyone.
For those I have spoken to/ e mailed direct I will have your name at the gate.
Ideally I could do with 1 marshal on the gate to help with the named marshals to help out gate staff. Any volunteers let me know in advance or on the morning of Sunday.
Have a safe trip down folks and see you all Then.
Richard Sneader
Chief Marshal FIA Rally Cross
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2438327)   #18
dajoker1
Rookie

dajoker1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well as i live in ramsgate ..aprox20 miles from circut heard on krap music for margate ...sorry (kmfm) rain supposed to miss this part..fingers crossed eh.. all u guys travelling any distance have a safe 1
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2438336)   #19
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajoker1 View Post
well as i live in ramsgate ..aprox20 miles from circut heard on krap music for margate ...sorry (kmfm) rain supposed to miss this part..fingers crossed eh.. all u guys travelling any distance have a safe 1
Met Office saying that both Sunday and Monday should be "sunny intervals" but not quite as warm with maximums of 11 degrees (Sunday) and 9 degrees (Monday).