Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2001, 13:59 (Ref:123273)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan's Weekend From Hell

Fire your top driver on the wednesday before his home GP on the grounds that he's ****. Replace him with Zonta(!). Dissolusions the team. C rap qualifying. Worse race. Zonta crashes needlessly and following a whimsical overtaking attempt on JV, Trulli sputters out from NINTH (out of 11).

Zonta's performancethis weekend was NOT very good. It's effectivly written off his chances of a drive next year. Running into the back of Jos Verstappen following a qualifying in which, frankly, Frentzen would have done MUCH BETTER at is NOT how to win friends or improve your stock.

Why the HELL did you bring this upon yourself EJ?? ARE YOU MAD???

Only consolation is that Jag and Suber didn't score either. But BAR did. Oh dear.....
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:02 (Ref:123278)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: Jordan's Weekend From Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Why the HELL did you bring this upon yourself EJ?? ARE YOU MAD???
Hey, settle down there Tristan, its part of Eddie's 50 year plan
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:06 (Ref:123282)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Still a stupid idea. EJ has given us all an object lesson in how to SHATTER the morale of a close knit team.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:13 (Ref:123288)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha! That's what they deserved for sacking Frentzen. This team is clearly heading downhill (as it has for the past 2 years). This move to replace Frentzen with Zonta, and Trulli's incompetence will surely cement BAR's victory in the battle of the two Honda teams. Gee, and I used to go for Jordan...
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:19 (Ref:123294)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think there was any intention to replace Frentzen with Zonta...for the long term. Sato is the real prize, but if rumours are to be believed, it will be Alesi.

Although the prospect of Alesi and Trulli on the same team are daunting-the stuff of Comic Opera.

Does this set up next year as Sato and Alesi at Jordan?

Whatever is going on, Jordan have failed to live up to the promise of 1999.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:36 (Ref:123311)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Alesi won't be there next season, more likley just the rest of this one. Compounded by Zonta's performance today, Alesi should be there by Hungaroring. Sato or MAY BE Button will be there next year.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:45 (Ref:123322)   #7
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I love Alesi, I dont think he will be driving the Jordan for the rest of the season. Firstly, I think Jean would want and expect Jordan to offer him a crack at a seat next season. If Jordan is just looking for a bunny for the rest of the season in order to bring in Honda boy Sato in 03, then Alesi should not be made a sucker and would rather stay at Prost.

As for Jordan's weekend - -
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:56 (Ref:123332)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jordan may had sealed his fate on the engines issue, as Honda will provide only one team in 2003. The best one of the two...
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:00 (Ref:123335)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about the fact that Trulli doesn't seem inclined to resign with EJ and that all continuity will be lost. Bring in the most experienced driver in the field with fondly remembered relationship to the team and a Japanese wife to tutor the young Japanese star. Its so clear to me, I cannot deny the logic of the whole thing. One of the reason good Japanese drivers have had such atough time in F1 is the cultural shock of it.
Jordan offers a family atmospere, ties to Honda, (A family busiiness if ever there was one) and Alesi shepherds the young Sato as he finds his feet. Its a no-brainer to me.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:15 (Ref:123350)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pah. recruit alesi and incur the wrath of me.

be afraid, be very afraid.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 16:38 (Ref:123412)   #11
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordans weekend from HELL LIST

hear r some things that made Jordans weekend HELL

Banners saying JORDAN go Home
3 Engine Blow ups
Trulli spinning when he should have kept it on the road
Zonta hitting a Arrows
poor Grid Postions
Being past by B.A.R in the teams Championship

if I missed any just type them in
Old 29 Jul 2001, 17:27 (Ref:123433)   #12
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eero - you are SO RIGHT - only thing I don't understand is why Jean was so morose in post race interviews. Maybe it's not going top happen - maybe Prost are trying to stop it. There is obviously something going on but I suspect the path is not smooth. Personally I would love to see Alesi and Sato at Jordan next year. It could be a great swansong for Jean - one of the most exciting drivers I have ever watched. How many ex ferrari drivers are held in such esteem by the Tifosi?
Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:01 (Ref:123524)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JORDAN: I LAUGH AT YOUR COMPLETELY SHAMBOLIC PERFORMANCE THIS WEEKEND.

Oh how I cheered when Ricardo went out, and when JT span and then retired... And then for JV to get a podium... I hate BAR but I want to see EJ suffer for the rest of the season.

I am on the verge of ceremonially burning my new £32 Jordan shirt.

REVENGE IS SWEET - HEINZ WILL RETURN.

Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:37 (Ref:123541)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
M Fan you're evil... you shouldn't... it's not good...

BUT I FELT THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh... I can't stop...

Old 29 Jul 2001, 23:27 (Ref:123559)   #15
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there was ever an argument for karmic law, Eddie has certainly provided us with a prime example. I think the damage he has done within the team by trying to save the team is going to haunt him for a long, long, time
Old 30 Jul 2001, 00:40 (Ref:123571)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I can only think of one word that sums up this weekend Jordan Grand Prix....KARMA
Old 30 Jul 2001, 01:09 (Ref:123577)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Is this thing getting too "spiritual" ?????

Old 30 Jul 2001, 09:04 (Ref:123678)   #18
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordan look like a team all at sea. B&H and Honda must be taking a dim view of EJ's antics in desperation at trying to secure some decent performances.

I don't agree with the way HHF was dumped but I don't go with all the hype that surrounds him as a driver. To me he has run his career on the fact that he was allegedly as fast as M Schumacher on the Mercedes WSC team back in the 80's. What has he done since to live up to that reputation?

He has made mistakes this year and looks like a driver on a downward path. Meanwhile Jordan have reached a plateau and unfortunately for them, the excuse that they needed 'works' engine and major backing to improve their performance, is shot to pieces by the fact that they are behind Sauber in the constructors, who use a year old engine and have vastly less recources than Jordan. They are just doing a better job with better drivers. Sorry Eddie.

Great story. Mika Salo called Peter Sauber after this years winter testing to ask him what they had changed on the car to make it go that much faster. Peter Sauber's reply. "The drivers......". Great line!
Old 30 Jul 2001, 11:50 (Ref:123748)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Great story. Mika Salo called Peter Sauber after this years winter testing to ask him what they had changed on the car to make it go that much faster. Peter Sauber's reply. "The drivers......". Great line!
Old 2 Aug 2001, 07:32 (Ref:125088)   #20
Rha
Rookie

Rha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yes Minardi Fan Heinz will return
Im sure....
Old 2 Aug 2001, 07:42 (Ref:125095)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question is: if Jordan finish 6th overall AGAIN, who would want to drive for them next year?

It appears Trulli is currently looking for an escape, although choices are limited (who would want to go to Benetton either??) while Alesi is or isn't going there for the rest of the season. HHF was sacked for apparently abusing EJ while Zonta might very well be onto Prost (or the 'Brazilian Superteam') next year.

Sato may drive for Jordan next year, but who would be his partner? There is a long list of candidates, but how many of them would want to join Jordan who appear to be going downhill, and very fast.
Old 2 Aug 2001, 14:21 (Ref:125223)   #22
The Moon Monkey
Racer

Ireland
The Temples of Syrinx
The Moon Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever people say about Jordan, they have still been much quicker than BAR this year - reliabilty has let Jordan down rather than pace! Jordan and Alesi could be good but I do wonder whether Alesi would be any better than Frentzen...

Those of you who think that Jordan are on a downward spiral are wrong!
Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:19 (Ref:125247)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Jordan have been looking shaky ever since last season. They have had unreliable cars that haven't allowed Trulli or Frentzen to show their true potential. Frentzen being sacked will doubtless have been a blow to the team's morale and right now I would say that if Honda are planning to only supply one team in 2003, that team will be BAR. Eddie Jordan has done himself no favours by firing Frentzen.
Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:26 (Ref:125251)   #24
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan have been going downhill since the start of last season. Sacking Heinz will only accelerate their rapid downfall.

?
Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:36 (Ref:125258)   #25
The Moon Monkey
Racer

Ireland
The Temples of Syrinx
The Moon Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although i agree that sacking Frentzen is a mistake I still think that Jordan WILL bounce back this season and especially in 2002. They are making the correct long term decisions with the new factory and so on and EJ will see them through their current problems.

They must address reliabilty of their cars.

BAR have only scored points by reliability - they have not shown any real pace this year!!!

Go on Eddie!!!