Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jan 2002, 20:38 (Ref:193990)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LM Teazer No. 3

Nice and simple. The connection please between the 1938 Le Mans and Troy Tempest.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 20:47 (Ref:193997)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh here we go again!!

Right, lets have a think.....................................

Troy Tempest was captain of Stingray, which came from Marine Ville.

I have no idea, so I'll say Stingray is the answer in some way.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 21:20 (Ref:194018)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're in the right neck of the woods (or should that be coral, perhaps!).

But Stingray isn't actually the answer.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Jan 2002 at 21:21.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 22:05 (Ref:194050)   #4
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not that familiar with Stingray. However I will have a stab in the dark. Would phi phi be a clue ?

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 09:54 (Ref:194190)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
I'm not that familiar with Stingray. However I will have a stab in the dark. Would phi phi be a clue ?

SL
Not that I know! In what way, SL?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 14:15 (Ref:194332)   #6
SL
Veteran

Phi Phi was the nickname of the streamlined Alfa 8C driven by Sommer. I just thought that Stingray might have had a Fifi in it....

Simon
Old 5 Jan 2002, 18:34 (Ref:194440)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, I see! No, very cold with that one.

I'll give you a clue, think of the characters. (In Stingray, that is). If you've never watched it, you'll be struggling........
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:06 (Ref:194489)   #8
SL
Veteran

Sorry, Le Mans yes, Thunderbirds yes, Stingray NO. A quick Google revealed that Troy was 'born' in 2038 ?

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:42 (Ref:194505)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Sorry, Le Mans yes, Thunderbirds yes, Stingray NO. A quick Google revealed that Troy was 'born' in 2038 ?

SL
Really?!! You learn something new every day
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:54 (Ref:194513)   #10
SL
Veteran

From the scarcism I guess that was wrong as well !!!!

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 20:54 (Ref:194517)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Stingray characters:

Troy Tempest
George Lee Sheridan (Phones)
Atlanta Shore
Marina
Samuel Arthur Shore
John Horatio Fisher
Titan
Artura

I will have a go at Titan. Was a car or driver nicknamed Titan?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:03 (Ref:194520)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, you were wrong SL, but Hakkiman has the answer within his grasp! But the connection is not Titan.

(By the way, who was the little chap who helped out Titan in his little sub, was it X20, or something like that? This has nothing to do with the teazer!! I'm just curious to remember!).
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:05 (Ref:194522)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
From the scarcism I guess that was wrong as well !!!!

SL
Funnily enough, I wasn't being sarcastic - I didn't know when Troy Tempest was born!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:11 (Ref:194525)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
The little chap was X20 (Artura)

Artura is better known as Titan's surface agent, code named X20.
Artura was born in the underwater city of Khazu on April 1st 1958. Small in stature and cowardly, he was bullied unmercifully as a child. Scholastically inclined, Artura became a scientist and specialized in electronics.

The underwater city of Khazu was conquered by Titan and Artura immediately offered his services to his new leader to spare his life. Titan appointed him a surface agent to spy on the land people and he took on the code name X20.

X20 is based in a seemingly abandoned house located near Marineville Base on the island of Lemoy. X20 is an expert of disguise and a talented actor. He often masks his true amphibian nature to walk among the surface people.

Despite many failures, X20 is intelligent and shrewd. He often suffers from bad luck. Extremely fearful of Titan, he will do anything his master commands him to do. Because of his duties, X20 has little time for leisure or hobbies. However, he does like to play the piano and organ.

As for the teazer, How am I so close? I really have no idea.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:14 (Ref:194527)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I'll have one last guess.

Is it either Phones or Atlanta? As Phones was Troy's co pilot and Atlanta was in love with him.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:15 (Ref:194528)   #16
SL
Veteran

OK Found it !!!!

George Lee Sheridan

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:16 (Ref:194530)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hells bells, Hakkiman! That's some in-depth knowledge there!

OK. Big, BIG clue time.

The answer is here (courtesy of Stefan's excellent pages)

http://user.tninet.se/~aiq291w/1938.htm
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:18 (Ref:194532)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
SL - why is it George Lee Sheridan?

Hakkiman - just narrow that choice of 2 down to 1 and you're there!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:25 (Ref:194535)   #19
SL
Veteran

Quote:
SL - why is it George Lee Sheridan?
Completly stumped for idea's actually. Seemed a good translation for the drivers name I have now lost in hitting the return icon. Gaston Serraud ?

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:30 (Ref:194539)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good try! As it happens, the drivers were both Brits.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:34 (Ref:194543)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Actually, I have to confess I've just spotted an ambiguity. Having looked again at Stefan's 1938 page, I see his spelling of the name differs slightly from that I have from the ACO's information - Stefan's version has an extra 'a'. (I thought I'd better mention that before Hakkiman points out from his encyclopeadic knowledge of Stingray that I've got the spelling wrong!!).
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:39 (Ref:194544)   #22
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I am no nearer having looked at that site.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:39 (Ref:194545)   #23
SL
Veteran

Car 42 on that page would seem to answer the various clues. How you get Atlanta or Atalanta to Le Mans and Stingray I am at a loss, presumably a character or place was called Atlanta in the TV series ?

SL
Old 5 Jan 2002, 21:51 (Ref:194550)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Car 42 on that page would seem to answer the various clues. How you get Atlanta or Atalanta to Le Mans and Stingray I am at a loss, presumably a character or place was called Atlanta in the TV series ?

SL
You got it, SL. Just check out Hakkiman's post a few back. Atlanta Shore had the hots for Mr. Tempest (whose loyalties always seemed to be divided between her and the somewhat piscine Marina).

Stefan lists the car (no 34 actually, shown as 42nd in the order) as the Atalanta, whereas the ACO record it as the Atlanta. Driven by Brits Charles Morrison and Neil Watson, it went out of the race after only 4 laps with what the ACO describe as a "wheel pivot" failure (Stefan says "rear hub" - close enough).

There's your connection, Troy Tempest and Atlanta Shore!

Seeing as you and Hakkiman were the only ones with the fortitude to keep having a go at this - was that too obscure, too silly even? If I am going to post a teazer every couple of weeks, I don't want to make 'em too easy, I know how good you guys are!!

Thanks for participating anyway!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 22:01 (Ref:194557)   #25
SL
Veteran

Yes please keep finding them, in the tween weeks I will see what I can do to fill the gap.

As a clue in today's muck out of the loft I have found a load of old Le Mans and other sports car photo's, my brother has cleared out his garage and found another load. So photo idenity from the last 23 years of Le Mans might be high on the list !!!

Simon