Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 29 Jan 2002, 22:21 (Ref:206356)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Indy Racing

We have taken the decision to split the Indy Racing forum in two - the IRL and CART series now have their own forum. KC and Crash Test will continue with the CART forum whilst marcus will be joining us as moderator of the IRL forum. marcus will be moving posts over to the IRL forum in the next week or so.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 01:14 (Ref:206415)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
G'day Craig.
Im up and running on the IRL forum but a little problem I have noticed so far is that new topics posted in the IRL forum do not show up on the topic list on the start page.

other than that im on top of it
Old 30 Jan 2002, 17:13 (Ref:206625)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure why that would be, Marcus. I just posted in the IRL forum and it showed up on the front page just fine ?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 18:37 (Ref:206705)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was it split????

IRL has been around for years and just as CART and IRL are getting closer, you split it!

Makes no sense!!!!!!!

Also, its ruined that subject. Having them together was better.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:22 (Ref:206750)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Why was it split????
If you've been reading the Indy Forum there has been much discussion on this subject recently. If you had an opinion on the split your should have expressed it when you had the chance.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:35 (Ref:206768)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Maybe you should have read it!!!!

I said it should not be split as CART and IRL are getting closer to each other.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:38 (Ref:206772)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
As you've read the thread then you already know exactly why it was split.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:45 (Ref:206782)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I share your disappointment that the joint forum could no longer continue. However, sadly, several users saw fit to engage each other in a war of words regarding who had the best series. Despite a number of requests to respect each series they were unable to and we were really left with no alternative.

It is only for a six month trial initially so we will reasess the situation in the summer.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:14 (Ref:206826)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
My fear is that it could lead to other going the same way.

NASCAR & ASCAR
F1 and the new Premier F1

Could it be the start of the end?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:19 (Ref:206832)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'd not worry about it mate.

There have been all of about three posts on Ascar and, should those people interested in it get too out of hand (!) then we could direct their interest to the national racing forum. The yet to be confirmed Premier 1 series is covered by the single seater forum currently so will not affect the future of the F1 forum anyway.

Have you ever seen a doctor about all this worrying you do ? I'm concerned for you... it's not natural.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:22 (Ref:206841)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
lol

Lots of changes to take in at once, causes this in me.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 22:26 (Ref:206983)   #12
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, we are, after all, creatures of habit.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:01 (Ref:207073)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Craig are you sure that the problem with topics being shown on the start page is working ???

I just posted in there and it hasnt shown up ?
Old 31 Jan 2002, 08:41 (Ref:207210)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you two are talking past each other. Marcus is referring to the 10 Tenths main page, while Craig is referring to the IRL forum's front page. Everything works fine on the IRL forum front page, but Marcus is right, the topics from the IRL forum do not show up on the list on the 10 Tenths main page.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 12:49 (Ref:207318)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yes thats it R.

sorry if I wasnt explaining myself correctly but I was referring to the ten tenths main page not the forum page
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:00 (Ref:207451)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
errr.... so was I! I posted a reply on the IRL forum and it showed up just fine on the main page. That is, the page which is at http://tentenths.com/forum/index.php in the column on the right hand side of the page.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:21 (Ref:207469)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Hopefully these two screenshots should help:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indyforum.gif
Views:	203
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	1249  
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:22 (Ref:207471)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indyforum2.gif
Views:	208
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1250  
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:38 (Ref:207483)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for splitting the forum, Craig. Things are already a lot quieter around the ranch.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:52 (Ref:207491)   #20
R
Veteran

Craig, Marcus and I are talking about this page: http://tentenths.com. It's this list which isn't updated when a post is made in the IRL forum:

» Current Topics
» EJ12 looks very neat
» nhra drag racing....
» Webber to Minardi!
» TOP 5 in British F3 2002
» Notice: Behave!
» Prodrive takes Ferrari back to Le Mans
» Sweden - fun on the shakedown
» the best grand prix of all time/best gp since 90'
» Ryan Briscoe signed with Nordic for 2002
» f1 drivers
» I may be wrong but is DC losing the plot?
» Who'll Will be 02 Rookie of the Year
» whos the future shumi?
» Marcel Lasse ????
» In 10 years time......

Full topic list...

---

Though the "Notice: Behave!" heading might immediately make you think about the Indy forum, it's actually from the NASCAR forum...
Old 31 Jan 2002, 17:30 (Ref:207519)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Ah... FINALLY you get through to me!! Sorry about that guys - too long looking at this screen the past few days - totally missed the obvious! Will get that fixed asap
Old 1 Feb 2002, 00:50 (Ref:207939)   #22
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yep works fine now Craig , sorry for the confusion and thanks to R for helping out
Old 1 Feb 2002, 03:08 (Ref:207990)   #23
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're moderatorless on the NASCAR forum
Old 1 Feb 2002, 20:29 (Ref:208392)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
hmmm... I saw Joe was away... but there's more than one moderator, you know!!
Old 1 Feb 2002, 20:37 (Ref:208401)   #25
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
hmmm... I saw Joe was away... but there's more than one moderator, you know!!
Rosie has boxing gloves ya know