Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:33 (Ref:226785)   #1
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stodart - Whingeing Aussie or...something else?

Is it me or does Paul Stodart seem to be a bit of a whinger?

I understand he was outbid for Prost equipment, lost out to the more ruthless and experienced (not to mention loaded) Tom Walkinshaw and is now throwing his dummy out the pram because he lost the game and shan't play anymore and is going to take his bat and ball with him.....

...am I the only one to pick up on this unpleasant trait of the man? He needs to calm down - if you aren't up to competing in the shark infested waters of Formula One you should shut up and get out IMO - it's not a Sunday church picnic out there.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:37 (Ref:226788)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the fact that if Prost doesn't get back on the grid, Minardi inherits their share of the funding. That's not "whingeing" -- it's business. F1 conducts its businses in the court of public opinion, as everyone knows.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:44 (Ref:226795)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
It's the fact that if Prost doesn't get back on the grid, Minardi inherits their share of the funding. That's not "whingeing" -- it's business.
Why? They didn't finish tenth, so why should they get tenth place funding. The funding is dependant on the results from 2001, just because Prost doesn't exist this year that doesn't negate their 2001 results.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:59 (Ref:226804)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Stodart - Whingeing Aussie or...something else?

Quote:
Originally posted by The Red BARon
it's not a Sunday church picnic out there.
...which is why one should make every effort to get as much as possible out of everything.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 17:28 (Ref:226982)   #5
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Stoddy

But Tom Walkinshaw knows a lot more about racing than you. If anyone is able to ressurect the team, I'd rather it be him. And you complain about whinging Poms? Whinging Aussies, more like!
Old 3 Mar 2002, 17:39 (Ref:226990)   #6
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Stodart - Whingeing Aussie or...something else?

Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite

...which is why one should make every effort to get as much as possible out of everything.
Yes but try and be successful when you do - if you fail please spare us the histrionics and moaning. Life's too short Mr Stodart - move on you've just had a good result.

Liz - I think you missed the point I was making. Firstly , there is no rule making it mandatory for the public to be forced to listen to team owners moan about being beaten to a deal by another who is more astute in business - and I think you will find in general that the behind the scenes dealings in F1 are far more secretive than most international business.

No, sorry, it's tough luck Stodart from me. His childish behaviour this weekend has chganged my opinion of him for good. He's a bit like when Ron Dennis used to be a bad loser - with two important differences - he hasn't and probably never will win several dozen F1 races, and is far less eloquent.