Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Oct 2002, 17:27 (Ref:409424)   #1
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beacon in Touring, who's left in production in 2003?

With Beacon Motorsport moving up to the Touring class for the 2003 season, who is still gonna be in the production class next year? has the production class had its day already?
Old 21 Oct 2002, 17:58 (Ref:409444)   #2
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beacon are in Touring, and if all goes to plan there will be a very exiting result.

Good news to see Spencer Marsh will be driving as he really showed that he had talent, and he was a top driver all yera in BTC-P.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 19:35 (Ref:409536)   #3
Mr_P
Rookie

Mr_P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What cars are beacon going to use? Any ideas?
Old 21 Oct 2002, 21:02 (Ref:409651)   #4
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have to be the ex-TAK MG's wouldn't it?

Synchro will have the Hondas, TAK will have the ex-works MG's, the Protons aren't being sold, GA Racing / Team Dynamics the Vauxhalls for Matt Neal and Gavin Pyper. That leaves the Pugs for B&Q!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 08:26 (Ref:409993)   #5
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DL said earlier that Proton where building new cars for 03?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 08:35 (Ref:410002)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think a lot of new teams will enter the Production class. That's what happened this year, as Barwell moved up, GR tried to, and HTML didn't appear at all, but there was still a full grid with Edenbridge and Beacon among the new teams. Edenbridge will be back next year, what about Techspeed?

I find it unlikely that Matt Neal will drive for GA Dynamics in a 2002 car when he will surely have the option of a works Vauxhall drive if Muller goes to ETCC, and at least staying with Egg Sport if the team continues (may be under new sponsorship, as Egg are in financial trouble)
Old 22 Oct 2002, 11:50 (Ref:410129)   #7
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the reason Beacon are delaying saying what cars they are running is because I think they are going to be the factory Alfa team.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 13:53 (Ref:410198)   #8
racing4real
Rookie

racing4real should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa Fan why do you think that? Maybe "hope" rather than "think"?

Why would Alfa Romeo gamble a works effort on a team with only one year of production experience and no other experience before that?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:03 (Ref:410267)   #9
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had heard that Egg were pulling out of the BTCC and Matt was without a drive !!!!!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:25 (Ref:410339)   #10
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa Fan I keep telling you Alfa will not return to the BTCC! GET REAL! (no offence but your in a world of chocolate teapots and lepricauns with tiny rabit hats).
Old 22 Oct 2002, 18:30 (Ref:410411)   #11
Reido Rules
Veteran

At the moment Beacon are not with a current manufacturer, as far as I know it is a works deal, but could become, semi or satelight depending on the manufcaturers final decision.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 18:33 (Ref:410418)   #12
Reido Rules
Veteran

Beacons official statement-
We will be selling our Accords during the winter to make space for our graduation to the BTC-T class next year. I am unable to say which cars we will be using, but, we have a deal in place with a manufacturer for the coming season.

just in case you were about to tell me I was talking ****!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 19:09 (Ref:410449)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Any new manufacturer will need a team that can design, build, develop and race the cars. With all respect to Beacon they are a very small team and are not even close to having the facilities, expertise and experience required.

It's possible the manufacturer could design/build the cars in-house or get another company to do it for them and then give teh cars to Beacon to run. It's been tried before and everytime it failed miserably, so I think we can discount that idea.

A satelite deal to run a second set of cars alongside a works team? Again unlikely. Any new manufacturer would want to concentrate on getting the cars sorted first rather than risk overstretching with a second team.

Which leaves us with a deal to purchase, or more likely lease, a pair of cars from an existing manufacturer, which means ...
Vauxhall - Unless Triple-8 build some more cars all the Astras are spoken for.
Proton - Current cars will become test hacks. They are unlikely to want to be distracted by a privateer team until they get the cars up to speed.
Honda - depends if Honda commit for a second year and Arena build new cars. Edenbridge have said that the Civics weren't available which could mean there will be no new cars built, or that they are already spoken for. Don't assume that Synchro will get them (lots of internal politics to deal with).
MG - already said they will build 2 new works cars, move this year's cars to TAK, and the TAK cars to another team.

hmmmm....
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:07 (Ref:410640)   #14
outcast
Rookie

outcast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonus points go to the king and redshoes!

Last edited by outcast; 22 Oct 2002 at 21:08.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:10 (Ref:410650)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Not really that difficult though
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:48 (Ref:410690)   #16
Reido Rules
Veteran

It's beacon who say they are running cars with a manufacturer, in some capacity, and from the details I know that is very much the case. But the manufacturer, may plump for a semi-works deal, or they may well be joining forces to run some cars in the same stable, but with a different name and their own workers.

It is going to be one of these, read the full press release, and you'll stop thinking I'm getting this created by Disney.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:50 (Ref:410692)   #17
Reido Rules
Veteran

Just a thought, ever thought beacon will be taking over from egg? or doing a similar deal with another manufacturer. Even though the manufacturer may be new.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:58 (Ref:410699)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
But there *isn't* a press release ?! :confused:

There is an article on a site that has been quoted above which has seemingly come about as a result of a chat with one of Beacon's people. Don't read too much into the wording of it as Beacon - despite a good solid job last year - simply do not have the expertise or facilities to design, build or develop their own cars.

I have no doubt that Beacon have lined up a deal to run a couple of Touring class cars, as have B&Q and GA, but I don't think we'll be seeing them running cars on behalf of a new manufacturer - fun as it would be to watch.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:04 (Ref:410701)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Nordauto building Alfa's for Beacon to run? I know I'm barking up the wrong tree probably, but it's just an idea that has sprung to mind, with all the talk about Beacon running cars that they didn't design or build.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:08 (Ref:410704)   #20
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Reido Rules
It's beacon who say they are running cars with a manufacturer, in some capacity,
You mean like TAK did this year ?

Quote:
they may well be joining forces to run some cars in the same stable, but with a different name and their own workers.
You mean like TAK did this year ?

Quote:
Just a thought, ever thought beacon will be taking over from egg? or doing a similar deal with another manufacturer.
Huh?? Egg were the sponsor, the cars were actually run by Triple-8. How can Beacon "take over" from Egg.

Quote:
Even though the manufacturer may be new.
Short of Alfa Fan's wishful thinking I've not seen anything to suggest it's a new manufacturer.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:27 (Ref:410723)   #21
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Last edited by JMeissner; 22 Oct 2002 at 22:28.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:27 (Ref:410725)   #22
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to be harsh, but hasn't this forum turned in, some parts, to a guessing and making rumours out of nothing lately?
Old 23 Oct 2002, 11:50 (Ref:411129)   #23
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes well most of them where Alfa Fan lives have turned into an Alfa Rumor zone. Im sorry, you have to be nasty to be nice, but AF please unless you are backed up substantialy by solid fact, don't post it. You've used the Alfa "LOOKING" at the BTCC fact to turn it into Alfa "BUILDING CARS and SIGNING TEAMS TO RUN THEM," Rummor. If some of that doesn't make sence you should read the stuff on the TOCAtour forums.

And its not just him, I just used AF as and Example. Even I do it some times.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 12:24 (Ref:411168)   #24
outcast
Rookie

outcast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Not really that difficult though
It seems to be for some people!!
Old 23 Oct 2002, 12:42 (Ref:411195)   #25
TheLeader
Rookie

TheLeader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa will not be involved in the BTCC in 2003 or beyond. This not a thought it is true fact. A BMW works effort will also not be taking part for various reasons. Marketing stratergy does not make any sencse whatsoever, and the marketing budget is what pays for it. Why would they want to race against proton for instance?