Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jan 2003, 19:24 (Ref:491672)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M Schumacher 1992

Just wanted to reminice a little about days gone by ...

1992 was the year , it was Michael's first full season in F1 , and wasnt it just soo exciting watching this young German driver jump straight into a full F1 season and be on the pace so quickly ....

He didnt have the team built around him back in those days , he didnt have his team mate contractually having to hold station behind him or have any of the things he has to his advantage now days.......Infact he had the more experienced Martin Brundle as a team mate who was pushing him hard , yet Michael still came out on top fair and square !.....Michael was still quite raw as a driver and just impressed everyone that watched the races .

By Spa he took his first victory after going slightly off the track when Brundle was pressuring him from behind , but he has the ability to turn the situation around by seeing that Brundle had blistered his tyres , and immediatley pitted himself to get fresh rubber himself.....damm impressive that , he showed some great racing also , all for a man without hardly any F1 experience .

I wish we could go back to 1992 again , that was such a good year that made many people stand back and take a second look at what this young guy could do in a racing car at the very top level .
Old 30 Jan 2003, 20:29 (Ref:491682)   #2
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought his half season in 1991 was even better . People soon noticed what he was doing .
Old 30 Jan 2003, 23:33 (Ref:491664)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, Mansell would have taken that victory at Spa in 1992, and beaten TGF, but he suffered an exhaust/engine problem just when he was about to catch the young German.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 02:29 (Ref:491651)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Stockmarket 1996

Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

I wish we could go back to 1992 again , that was such a good year that made many people stand back and take a second look at what this young guy could do in a racing car at the very top level .
I wish I could go back to 1996 again when the stock market was high.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 04:52 (Ref:491673)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Seriously Sato San...what do you actually want to accomplish by opening such thread?
i was being quite honest , for once i was praising him up ( which doesnt happen too often i know )......Ive been watching the 1992 season again latley and have been reminded of the sheer brilliance he showed back then .

i wasnt trying to start a flame bait thread , ...but i think you all know my opinions on him nowdays so i wont go into to that , i just thought it would be good to post something more postive about him for a change , and back in those days i remember just having total admiration for him !....also , 93 was another year that he totally impressed too.........i mean , at Silverstone in 1993 when he was actually catching Prost we were all cheering for him hoping he would catch and overtake the Frenchman.....

it was just from late 94/95 that my opinions were changed , but that shouldnt retract from the brilliance he showed in his early years .

Last edited by Sato san; 31 Jan 2003 at 04:54.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 06:46 (Ref:491681)   #6
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
In the words of Debbie MacAllister: I'd rather eat my own vomit
Do you want me to spice it up for ya Valve? maybe some curry to go with it

Sato San....yup, you've always been a sensible Montoya fan and if that was not your intention in the first place then i apologize.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 07:16 (Ref:491666)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
When he won his first race at Spa in '92 then his second race a year later at Estoril i was really pleased for him, i wasn't "a fan" but i respected his talent.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 07:44 (Ref:491674)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
no worrys Juke ........

I still think Piquet must have thought " what the hell is happening here " back in 1991 when he got a massive wake up call with his new team mate..
Old 31 Jan 2003, 11:19 (Ref:491675)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
Attemp to be Constructive:

I think it's true that MS's reputation is tarnished. If you look at his record, MS should have a LOT more respect than he's given.
that is soo true , i realise this as well......for all the records and championships he has won , his reputation is still appears to be tarnished ....If you look back to the years of 91 , 92 , 93 , the guy had gained the respect of practically everybody ......i for one had massive admiration for what he was achieving on the race track ...and watching the 92 season agaon recently reminded me of that .
Old 31 Jan 2003, 11:28 (Ref:491656)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

OK, who says I want to talk about SchM in 10 years or 20 years time?

Valve

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 31 Jan 2003 at 11:30.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 12:13 (Ref:491731)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Sato, Damon & Valve. Yes sorry about before, you caught me in the middle of a botched thread split. I could see where Sato's topic was going and while I have no problem with the bashing (if you must), I don't like good threads ruined.

'Hopefully' it's all fixed now.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:23 (Ref:491865)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
here's a little thought to show how much respect he had gained very quickly from the guys at the top in 92 , ie Mansell.....

on the grid at the Hungarian GP in 92 , Mansell was asked about tyre choices , he immediatley remarked about his own tyre choice compared to Senna's .......and then in the same sentence referred to Schumacher's chioce of tyre combinations ....'b''s on the front and 'c's on the rear of the benneton....now Michael had only been in F1 for about 15 races , and already it seems that unconciously by Mansell he was being mentioned as a main rival along with Senna ......

i just found that really interesting thats all !.....if anyones got any old races of 1992 , go and watch them , its good to refresh a bit on days gone by.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:26 (Ref:491870)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer races like Spain where he's ditching it in the wet .
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:30 (Ref:491874)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It's funny Sato, I've been laughed at here before for suggesting JPM is similar to Michael when he entered F1. Raw speed, super confidence, amazing driver skill and ready to compete at the top level.

Back then Michael was not as refined as he is today, thats why I believe Monty will develope the same way. I've said many times JPM is'nt on Michaels level, but god help the rest of them in a few years.

As for that season, I would kill for a copy of some of those races.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:55 (Ref:491901)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
if your nice to me Wrex , i may sort you out some races on VHS one day when i get some time !......but that means your not allowed to delete my posts for at least 1 year !

Old 31 Jan 2003, 15:08 (Ref:491927)   #16
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"It's funny Sato, I've been laughed at here before for suggesting JPM is similar to Michael when he entered F1. Raw speed, super confidence, amazing driver skill and ready to compete at the top level.
Back then Michael was not as refined as he is today, thats why I believe Monty will develope the same way. I've said many times JPM is'nt on Michaels level, but god help the rest of them in a few years"

Never thought of it like that!It is slightly different though.Monty got in with a killer team straight away,michael with a second grade team (for the first couple of seasons).I wonder if that will make much difference to the way Monty develops...?

I was out of f1 at the time,so i missed most of it those races.When i look back at the history of it all i allways tend to think that michael was fast but not a surefire winner those first few years.I really wonder what would have happened if he got in with a really top team from the start??! How close would he have got to senna or mansell if he were a team mate i wonder?
Yeah,it is easier to talk about his early years isn't it.Before all the disputes

Last edited by RWC; 31 Jan 2003 at 15:16.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 21:24 (Ref:492294)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think its fair to say that he did goin with a good car.... i mean , Piquet did win in Canada in 91 even though Mansell retired on the last lap.....
Old 1 Feb 2003, 01:15 (Ref:492525)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
if your nice to me Wrex , i may sort you out some races on VHS one day when i get some time !......but that means your not allowed to delete my posts for at least 1 year !

I cant recall ever deleting a post of yours Sato, so why not.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 17:13 (Ref:493032)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
your right , you havent had to delete any of my posts , but i just want your assurance that i you cant delete stuff for at least 1 year , so i start posting some really outragous stuff !

hehehehe
Old 1 Feb 2003, 17:28 (Ref:493042)   #20
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
your right , you havent had to delete any of my posts , but i just want your assurance that i you cant delete stuff for at least 1 year , so i start posting some really outragous stuff !

hehehehe
Does this mean that Wrex won't get his video tape before you manage to make a similar deal with AdamAshmore, Bononi and R?
Old 1 Feb 2003, 17:58 (Ref:493054)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
bugger !......i didnt think of that !........

Ok Wrex , you can have your 1992 season tapes with no strings attached !
Old 1 Feb 2003, 18:56 (Ref:493084)   #22
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: M Schumacher 1992

Quote:

Infact he had the more experienced Martin Brundle as a team mate who was pushing him hard , yet Michael still came out on top fair and square
Another great topic Sato.thanks

Schumacher was brilliant in his early days at Benetton until 94 where for me he started down the slippery slope.
2002 in Austria and USA simply underlined him as a brilliant driver but a flawed representive to the sport.
You can be sure Mansell and Senna would not have entertained the situations in 2002.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:23 (Ref:493226)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: M Schumacher 1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Goddard2
Schumacher was brilliant in his early days at Benetton until 94 where for me he started down the slippery slope.
Yes that's right - it all started to go wrong when he started winning world championships! What a disaster for him.
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Goddard2
2002 in Austria and USA simply underlined him as a brilliant driver but a flawed representive to the sport.
You can be sure Mansell and Senna would not have entertained the situations in 2002.
Senna was not averse to doing whatever it took to have an edge over the opposition, including his team-mate. Look at the situation with the special engines from Honda - I don't recall hearing of him bunging Prost an engine out of a sense of fair play. These guys are all out there to win.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:31 (Ref:493235)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Re: Re: Re: M Schumacher 1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Yes that's right - it all started to go wrong when he started winning world championships! What a disaster for him.
Sometimes in life its about doing / winning things correctly rather than just winning them at any cost ....

Last edited by Sato san; 1 Feb 2003 at 21:35.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:34 (Ref:493237)   #25
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
anyway , all that put to one side in this thread ,

Glen ....lets talk about 91 , 92 or 93 ,....the vintage years !...they were so good wern't they .