Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:58 (Ref:561717)   #1
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's Harry?

As the title says Where's Harry?.:confused: :confused: I've been looking forward to seeing pictures of his latest exploits and none have been posted. I hope that he and his minders' are well.

Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:26 (Ref:561736)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I believe Harry's exploits can be viewed in pictorial form in the galleries at www.marshalspost.com!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 17:39 (Ref:561883)   #3
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's Harry :confused: :confused:
Old 7 Apr 2003, 17:41 (Ref:561887)   #4
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OH Rite.......... Emmmm Hiya Harry ! Course I knew who Harry was
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:43 (Ref:561954)   #5
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
I believe Harry's exploits can be viewed in pictorial form in the galleries at www.marshalspost.com!
I mean since those exploits.

Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:06 (Ref:562219)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shinners may know who Harry is, but i don't...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:08 (Ref:562220)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, how did i came to be in the Marshals forum? i've never been here before, and i could have sworn i was in the Gravel Trap a few seconds ago :confused:
Old 7 Apr 2003, 23:10 (Ref:562259)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How can anyone not know who Harry is? I believe he may have been at Loton this week-end?
Old 8 Apr 2003, 08:10 (Ref:562484)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Actually, how did i came to be in the Marshals forum? i've never been here before, and i could have sworn i was in the Gravel Trap a few seconds ago :confused:
Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You will be assimilated!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 12:57 (Ref:562755)   #10
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm that Harry was indeed sat on the tyre wall at post seven all day on Sunday, I know `cos I saw him when I woke up to go to lunch....hard work this rescue lark you know! Oh and I also had a sossidge sarnie with brown sauce in the morning on medical advice....Doc Dave bought it for me!!!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 13:19 (Ref:562781)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can confirm that Harry was indeed sat on the tyre wall at post seven all day
Then I hope he didn't have his card signed, and was informed that he should remain behind the tyre wall in future. Just because he's a monkey doesn't mean that he isn't subject to the normal safety rules.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 17:00 (Ref:562974)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hmmm well we have special dispensation for Alien Marshal to hang on the catch fencing - however, as he's an alien, his bodily organs are different from ours and he's in no danger.....
Old 8 Apr 2003, 18:24 (Ref:563045)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Hmmm well we have special dispensation for Alien Marshal to hang on the catch fencing - however, as he's an alien, his bodily organs are different from ours and he's in no danger.....
As he's inflatable, he is, in effect, a small air fence!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 18:30 (Ref:563053)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Then I hope he didn't have his card signed, and was informed that he should remain behind the tyre wall in future. Just because he's a monkey doesn't mean that he isn't subject to the normal safety rules.
Harry takes great offense at being called a monkey!!

He is a Gorilla!!!

No pictures were taken of Harry last weekend due to a technical failure of the camera. Someone forgot to recharge the battereries !
Old 9 Apr 2003, 00:17 (Ref:563425)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
So who's the monkey now??? Apologies to Harry for mixing the species. However, as he is a drinking partner, he didn't seem too bothered what he was called, and I didn't think he was Apeist!

I think Alien is exempted. The picture I saw suggest he can levitate and so is able to avoid incoming racing cars.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 08:17 (Ref:563646)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - Alien can do all sorts of interesting things.........but his reputation as an attractor of excrement is sadly waning - I worry we're not feeding him right....
Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:43 (Ref:564202)   #17
Shinners
Racer

Well if anyone is interested Im bringing Marshal Monkey the III to Brands in May..... and....... he's a virgin !!!!! So Alien, Harry or any takers ????
Old 11 Apr 2003, 21:27 (Ref:566753)   #18
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm as a examining observer I did not sign Harry`s card on Sunday for 3 reasons:

1) He did not submit it for observing at the start of day (schoolboy error).
2) He did indeed sit on the tyre wall all day (tut tut)
3) He made me do all the sweeping and pushing at post 7!!!!
Old 12 Apr 2003, 01:08 (Ref:566908)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Harry says he did not make you do the sweeping, his I/O did. He also tells me it was for a very good reason...
Old 12 Apr 2003, 16:38 (Ref:567325)   #20
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
I can confirm that Harry was indeed sat on the tyre wall at post seven all day on Sunday
This is very true. Harry did indeed spend all day on the tyre wall but......

He was not in a "head-on" position....
His legs were never hanging over the tyres.....

But more importantly, at no time (unlike some marshals), did Harry ever have his eyes on a magazine or his back to the oncoming traffic!!!

A novice he maybe, stupid he is not!!!

He also only attends posts where the I/O will look out for him and will address his mistakes.

Such a shame that we don't all get the same respect!!!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 21:26 (Ref:568505)   #21
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
This is very true. Harry did indeed spend all day on the tyre wall but......

He was not in a "head-on" position....
His legs were never hanging over the tyres.....

But more importantly, at no time (unlike some marshals), did Harry ever have his eyes on a magazine or his back to the oncoming traffic!!!

A novice he maybe, stupid he is not!!!

He also only attends posts where the I/O will look out for him and will address his mistakes.

Such a shame that we don't all get the same respect!!!
Yes he told you he wasn`t reading a magazine...true but the mag he had was mainly pics !! the dirty little beast!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 05:42 (Ref:568758)   #22
Pike
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Yes he told you he wasn`t reading a magazine...true but the mag he had was mainly pics !! the dirty little beast!
Was it a Haines manual for re-building a Pilbeam??
Old 14 Apr 2003, 16:51 (Ref:569190)   #23
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike
Was it a Haines manual for re-building a Pilbeam??
YES !!!!!!!! he is certain this knowledge will prove to be invaluable before the end of this season. (mentioning NO names).
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:03 (Ref:569203)   #24
Pike
Racer

Quote:
YES !!!!!!!! he is certain this knowledge will prove to be invaluable before the end of this season. (mentioning NO names).
Certainly would`nt mention any names.......... always a bugger when the spring the manual says to keep safe flies off in the distance when taking it apart aint it?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:27 (Ref:569232)   #25
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
I agree entirely...as you probably know, the driver you refer to won both run offs at Gurston this weekend.