Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Jul 2003, 17:38 (Ref:656028)   #1
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Servia wants his first win on his birthday!

From Cart.com:http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6476
Old 8 Jul 2003, 18:46 (Ref:656101)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel bad for Oriol he is genuinely talented but never gets the breaks to go his way. He won thr Indy Lights chamionship so where is his talent now? is it luck or just not up to scratch?
Old 8 Jul 2003, 19:11 (Ref:656135)   #3
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awww, I'd like to see him win on his birthday too! He's actually been pretty strong this year. A win can't be TOO far away for him.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 20:03 (Ref:656186)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
He doesn't show the aggression he did in his rookie year, but he's still an incredible talent. He'll get that allusive first win. Maybe even this weekend.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 21:43 (Ref:656267)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Servia has been disappointing this year. He was basically in the same situation as Jourdain. He stayed with his team, Patrick, who are well established in CART. Yet Jourdain has been a lot more impressive. To be honest I think Townsend Bell showed a lot more flair in that car last year.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 23:36 (Ref:656371)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
He doesn't show the aggression he did in his rookie year, but he's still an incredible talent. He'll get that allusive first win. Maybe even this weekend.
I concur with that thought macdaddy. But after being left out in the cold for a while, he's probably just making sure he's safe in his seat then we may see that aggression once again.

There's no doubting he's a very fast and talented driver but he's been desperately unlucky as well this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
To be honest I think Townsend Bell showed a lot more flair in that car last year.
Are you sure you're not mixing flair with stupidity? There was no doubting Bell was fast and talented, but he had no track manners and deserved to be booted.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 23:45 (Ref:656376)   #7
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His first win could come but most likely won't he needs the intensity presented in milwaukee where he went head to head with tracy and for the most part lost the restarts but he was still fighting.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 00:52 (Ref:656402)   #8
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Are you sure you're not mixing flair with stupidity? There was no doubting Bell was fast and talented, but he had no track manners and deserved to be booted.
Yeah, he kinda reminded me of Paul Tracy circa 1992. Oh wait, PT didn't get booted.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:21 (Ref:656439)   #9
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Servia got a new engineer a couple races ago (I think) and he has been improving.
I thought I remembered reading that he got the Ralf Schumacher speech (from Williams) that said "it's time to do better or....." and he responded well. His first win is not far off I'd wager.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 03:18 (Ref:656463)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He got a new engineer this year in Steve Challis (Greg Moore's old engie).
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 Jul 2003, 21:53 (Ref:657388)   #11
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Servia can win on his birthday if Tag wins in Vancouver, on my birthday.

And anyhow, Servia has loads of talent, and though I really didn't think so at the start of the season, he has come on strong and can compete. I thought Bell had some strong performances, specifically a fourth place finish.... somewhere... I forget where... He should be ready to come back next year or in the next couple of years, but he's got to change his attitude and mature as a driver if he expects to compete. I read an article here not to long ago that talked about his must-win attitude, which is good for a driver to have, but he's got to get some sense into him and settle for top five and top ten finishes. Maybe a year in F3000 will be just what he needs.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 00:12 (Ref:657489)   #12
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I don't rate Servia that well. Like Jourdain, the guy's been around forever and hasn't done spit. Moreno was more impressive when he had that ride, and at the rate Townsend was improving when he got the boot, he was maybe only a few races away from a podium.

I absolutely don't understand how guys, however much potential they show, can stick around the series and even attract fans when they've never been close to winning a race!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 02:01 (Ref:657530)   #13
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering Servia never won an Indylights race, and doesnt show signs of winning a CART race, ever; I dont think its gonna happen this weekend.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 21:23 (Ref:658273)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What counts more, an Indy Lights win or an Indy Lights championship? It's all I have to say to the ones that say "oh, he never won and Indy Lights race".

Geoff Boss won an Indy Lights race. Oriol Servi* didn't. So?

Oriol has finished in the top 6 for the last 6 races. I remember our beloved Greg saying that the key to be a contender was to finish all the races you could among the first 6...