Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:38 (Ref:1970086)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso's pass

100% Alonso no fault. He was already ahead on the outside. For whatever reason if it was understeer on the damp track Massa drove into his side. His front right hit the side pod.

Ferrari really shouldn't have been annoyed at Fernando. Massa was basically driving him off the road. Sure he wanted to defend but he was too Leary imo and squeezing him too much.

If anyone is too blame imo it's Massa.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1970089)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, racing. What else is there to say?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1970093)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two people got close and a pass was made. Err....
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1970096)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari haven't said anything. ALonso's the one who has been complaining.

Racing IMO, fair and hard from both men.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:43 (Ref:1970097)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke

Ferrari really shouldn't have been annoyed at Fernando. Massa was basically driving him off the road. Sure he wanted to defend but he was too Leary imo and squeezing him too much.

If anyone is too blame imo it's Massa.

I feel there was no need for Fernando to get so upset personally.

He (FA) made a brilliant overtake, and Massa slid into him (a bit of understeer? thats what Martin Brundle thought it was).

Racing incident.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1970100)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I feel there was no need for Fernando to get so upset personally.

He (FA) made a brilliant overtake, and Massa slid into him (a bit of understeer? thats what Martin Brundle thought it was).
As I've said earlier, I think the cause of Alonso's anger was Massa's wild chop in turn one, just a few turns before the pass.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1970101)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso was probably just pumped up a bit too much by the whole thing. That's life, he'll cool down I'm sure.

He has the win at least.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:48 (Ref:1970107)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
As I've said earlier, I think the cause of Alonso's anger was Massa's wild chop in turn one, just a few turns before the pass.
Then why would Fernando be pointing so animatedly to the tyre marks Felipe left on his car?
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1970111)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let the fans fan the flames of this one.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1970117)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso was upset because the touch... he showed that to the TV... Honestly if he thinks everybody should let him pass because he's faster and is the reigning champion he should retire then...
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1970119)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Let the fans fan the flames of this one.
Hey Alonso was the who put the lighter, blame him for the 300 page thread about to follow.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1970122)   #12
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that Alonso had no fault there.

After the race, Italian Zanardi said that it was a great overtaking, with Massa going onto him after the curve. And hearing that from an Italian, has more wieght.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1970125)   #13
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was unavoidable and a decent pass!
Old 22 Jul 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1970127)   #14
Fletcher
Rookie

Finland
Fletcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Alonso was upset because the touch... he showed that to the TV... Honestly if he thinks everybody should let him pass because he's faster and is the reigning champion he should retire then...
As I mentioned in the other thread, I think he had a reason to be upset. In the exit of the first corner Massa took a very defensive line which in my opinion was too harsh. When Alonso passed he left very little room when the cars touched, although it could be argued he had understeer there.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1970129)   #15
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Ferrari haven't said anything. ALonso's the one who has been complaining.

Racing IMO, fair and hard from both men.
Thought the Ferrari mob were waving their handbags in the pitlane Great to see Alonso on fire.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1970132)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Problem is... they're racing. We complain there's no overtake, and when there is everybody wants to find who's in fault or consider one too wild or the other too chicken ????

Come on, let's watch more of that good stuff !
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1970134)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I don't believe thats what he thought.

I just think that he doesn't expect to be run into when making a legitimate pass for the lead.

Alonso was already ahead and had the inside line for the next turn.

I thought it was fine though really, but I believe Massa was to entirely to blame for the touch of wheels.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1970135)   #18
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a moment of brilliance from alonso. don't knwo why there should be any complaints, its just racing
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1970137)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's a tight place to make a pass really, Massa was always going to slide up the racetrack to some extent.

It was good hard racing in the end and a delight to watch. Nobody was punted off the track or put onto the grass.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1970138)   #20
Datsun
Rookie

United States
Rhode Island
Datsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seemed to me MASSA was the one complaining. Alonso's pointing at the donut seemed to be fairly good-natured fooling around, obviously he was pretty damn happy after the race. Massa's face was totally dark, clearly he thought that despite being much faster, Alonso should've just held station for 2nd.

It was a great battle, but Massa should be more gracious in defeat.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1970141)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, right.

That's great ! Finally the curtain has fallen. Now we have a real fight out there ! And why I'm not surprised ? Alonso as the one to make it.
Compained at Renault, complaining at McLaren and now in the race.
I think he's right, it's good to know that Massa won't play second fiddle to none... I just hope that at some point Hamilton does the same, and we all know who's the bad guy...
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1970146)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun
Seemed to me MASSA was the one complaining. Alonso's pointing at the donut seemed to be fairly good-natured fooling around, obviously he was pretty damn happy after the race. Massa's face was totally dark, clearly he thought that despite being much faster, Alonso should've just held station for 2nd.

It was a great battle, but Massa should be more gracious in defeat.
Watch the tape again mate, and check the interviews...
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1970149)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think Massa was just upset that he was passed to be honest, Alonso did a fantastic move, then pulled away from Massa at a hell of a rate.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1970150)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Perhaps, yes. Losing a race like that has to hurt the pride.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1970161)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Certainly yes but the swearing was not because of this...