Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1050624)   #51
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Lets just hope Frank and Patrick don't expect him to be Alan Jones!

Good luck Mark.
Oh please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick head has stated AJ could have easilly won 3 world titles if he hadnt been so lazy and not really bothered with the whole thing.

so to answer your question , NO I dont think they want him to be another AJ
Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1050625)   #52
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh yeah and Go GET EM MARK

Thank goodness i bought my Williams jacket a few months ago
Old 29 Jul 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1050702)   #53
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great news down under - best of luck mark, kick butt in 05 and win at albert park ..... we will have a week of public holidays in your honour - or i will atleast....
Old 29 Jul 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1051031)   #54
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber is set to become Australia's next sporting superstar, roll on Albert Park.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1051073)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Imagine what it will be like at Albert Park next year.......the atmosphere will be something else!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 01:58 (Ref:1051496)   #56
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
absolutely , the place is gonna go nuts thats for sure , im already in the process of scrathing up proceeds to fund a visit to Albert Park again
Old 30 Jul 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1051739)   #57
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news!

Will be great to see an Aussie in one of the top 3. It's been too long. I knew this was going to happen and he was going to sign with Williams, but i am still damn excited. I just hope Williams will give him a car better than the one they provided for JPM and RS.
I think Sam Michael and Mark Webber could be a great combination. I believe they have worked together before and Mark has a high opinion of Sam Michael.

Albert Park will be a buzz. I think there will be record crowds.
Looks like i'll be going to my first GP this year
Old 30 Jul 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1051890)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schultz
I believe they have worked together before and Mark has a high opinion of Sam Michael.
I didn't know that, where and when? Interesting.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1051894)   #59
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sam Michael grew up in Canberra, not far from Mark Webber's home city of Queenbeyan, NSW according to grandprix.com.

I don't think they have worked together in F1 or in lower formulas before though, as Michael went to Lotus straight after graduating.

Read on.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12937.html
Old 30 Jul 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1051933)   #60
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They've not worked with each other before, ASCII man is correct.

Sam has been in the UK and in F1 for his whole career, while Mark has never been at any of the teams where Sam worked.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1051954)   #61
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read something along the lines that Sam used to get his bike serviced by Mark's dad not that that means a great deal.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1052354)   #62
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh they didn't work together but i think they had met and did know each other. Not sure how well though. They may have only met once or twice. I think MRJUCY is right there.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1054081)   #63
Aussie Mitch
Rookie

Aussie Mitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you imagine the party in melbourne if webber gets on the podium for the AGP?.

i reckon if williams can build a decent car, webber will be champion within 2 years. i cant wait to hear the australian national anthem on an F1 podium, im too young to remember the last time it happened, so im really looking forward to it.

best of luck to webber for 2005, and id like to see DC in the other seat, experience and reliability